Daddy Day Care

5.5

1. AndrewM
    Aug 12, 2004
    "Funny Movie", I obviously don't know squat either 'cause I too didn't really like this film. This has to be one of the most innocuous movies I have ever watched, and I mean that in a bad way. A good film provokes reaction, whether that be laughter, anger, sadness, elation, confusion, objection, concern, whatever! It provokes - it makes you think - it makes you feel. Daddy "Funny Movie", I obviously don't know squat either 'cause I too didn't really like this film. This has to be one of the most innocuous movies I have ever watched, and I mean that in a bad way. A good film provokes reaction, whether that be laughter, anger, sadness, elation, confusion, objection, concern, whatever! It provokes - it makes you think - it makes you feel. Daddy Day Care tippy-toes along so feebly that you're left searching your soul for an emotion. It has very little to offer. I give it 3 because the actors try their darndest to make it work and I did experience very faint moments of enjoyment. But for the most part I was just rolling along waiting for something to happen that wasn't entirely predictable and that actually encouraged my brain to send out a nerve signal. Only for those who are really really bored.... Expand
  2. May 3, 2012
    This family-friendly movie has a few funny moments, but it has an awkward story and some parts are just plain gross.
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    A fart filled farce bereft of the least amount of imagination.
  4. JakeS.
    May 11, 2003
    What happened to Eddie Murphy? He used to be so funny.
  5. KayWhy
    Jun 29, 2003
    Everything else was sold out so we decided to watch this movie on a rainy sunday night. Boy, was that a mistake. It's like any other movie where the storyline revolves around children acting cute. Sure, it was a cute movie, but it wasn't funny. I think it would have been more worthwhile if we just watched the rain fall instead.
  6. BobW.
    May 12, 2003
    I found dat "Flash" kid really really annoying.
  7. Angelus
    May 9, 2003
    Is it just me, or is everybody else sick to death of Eddie Murphy doing kids movies. What's even worse is they all suck!!!
  8. AnnaS.
    Jun 5, 2003
    Something isn't right about this movie, and I don't know why would film reviewers like this film. It sucks man, it really, really sucked!!!!
  9. Dec 21, 2011
    Awful movie and I found myself guessing every single part of this movie which made me bored. Sorry but i give this incredibly awful movie 0%. Yep that is awful.
  10. Sep 26, 2013
    Like the universal motto for the war against drugs, "Just say no" to this crash-and-burn Eddie Murphy movie. It is disgustingly horrible, abysmal, and unfunny. Steer clear.
  11. May 14, 2014
    Terrible movie it was boring, not funny. I couldn't wait for it to end. And the plot was just terrible, in fact everything about this movie was terrible.

1. I laughed a couple of times, but mostly I was bored out of my mind and not a little depressed.
    You can't get more high-concept, or less plotted, than this, and Daddy Day Care is proof.
    Only really little tykes will find the surplus of pratfalls and poo and fart jokes a hoot.