Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: February 14, 2003
8.3
Universal acclaim based on 568 Ratings
Watch Now
LoRevisorJan 29, 2015
Sem sombra de dúvidas um dos piores filmes já produzidos da Marvel,não são os atores Affleck,Farrell,Garner e Clarke Duncan estão excelentes,destaque ainda mais para performance de Colin Farrell,o problema é a idéia de colocarem na maioriaSem sombra de dúvidas um dos piores filmes já produzidos da Marvel,não são os atores Affleck,Farrell,Garner e Clarke Duncan estão excelentes,destaque ainda mais para performance de Colin Farrell,o problema é a idéia de colocarem na maioria cenas bestas sem ação e sem vida no filme,mas destaques as cenas do Demolidor Vs Elektra,chefão e Collin são as únicas que prestam. Expand
cameronmorewoodNov 8, 2012
Excluding some impressive stunts, there's just not much here if you look at all the money and star power that went into making it.
Cinemassacre94Mar 20, 2016
Daredevil was historically a Marvel Comics second-stringer, but in hindsight, it makes sense that writer and artist Frank Miller made him the starting point for the superhero renaissance of the 1980s, which looked deep into the psyches of theDaredevil was historically a Marvel Comics second-stringer, but in hindsight, it makes sense that writer and artist Frank Miller made him the starting point for the superhero renaissance of the 1980s, which looked deep into the psyches of the people beneath the tights, found heroes with scars and demons, and set the tone for comics and their film adaptations ever since. Who, after all, had a rougher time of it than Matt Murdock, a poor kid blinded, orphaned, and thrown to the tender mercies of New York's Hell's Kitchen? His powers come from a sense of loss (his four remaining senses are heightened by his blindness), and even his choice of profession spoke to the great divide within him. A lawyer by day, he acts as a one-man star chamber at night. Drawn from a grab-bag of characters and incidents taken mostly from Miller's run on the comics series, writer-director Mark Steven Johnson's version of Daredevil seems aware of the murky waters it sets out to explore. That makes its tendency to hug the shore all the more frustrating, even though Johnson starts off by making his hero even darker than expected. Ben Affleck steps into the cowl and fetish suit, and for his first adventure, Johnson has him cold-bloodedly murder a rapist who cheated justice. It's almost as if the writer-director had accidentally made a film about occasional Daredevil nemesis The Punisher instead of the Man Without Fear; the fact that the movie treats this as no big deal suggests that it comes from a more disturbing place than anyone in the Marvel universe could imagine. True, Daredevil at least partly deals with Affleck's decision to stop killing, but it's given all the gravity of a decision to stop smoking or eating fatty snacks. The film seems to want all the trappings of the Daredevil comic–the dripping rooftops, the suggestive brooding, the Catholic iconography, and the ever-present potential for damnation–without the attendant baggage. Suggesting a cross between Ving Rhames and Ed Wood stock-player Tor Johnson, Michael Clarke Duncan plays Daredevil's arch-foe The Kingpin, the pitiless source of most of New York's crime, and the man whose decision to assassinate the father of Affleck's new lover Elektra (Jennifer Garner) lends the film its late-in-arriving central conflict. Casting Affleck would have paid off had the conflicted, acerbic star of Boiler Room, Changing Lanes, or even Bounce shown up. Instead we're left with the cardboard hero of Armageddon and The Sum Of All Fears, a caretaker leading man wholly dependent on the quality of the movie around him. Sadly, there's not much of that. Johnson's reliance on optical effects and secondhand fight choreography strains Daredevil's personality through a Matrix filter, and it rarely succeeds on those derivative terms. (Anyone annoyed by shortcomings in Spider-Man's special effects can start working out the wording of their angry Internet posts now.) Thanks to Jon Favreau's turn as Affleck's schlubby partner, a funny cameo by Kevin Smith, and especially Colin Farrell's gleefully psychopathic interpretation of the villain Bullseye, at least there's good stuff in the margins. But on the heels of such successful comic-book adaptations as X-Men and Spider-Man, Johnson's film makes Daredevil look like the second-rate hero he never really was. Expand
grandpajoe6191Sep 24, 2011
"Daredevil" is just the worst movie you can think of in Marvel Studios. It has crappy CGI, undeveloped romance between Affleck and Garner (in the movie), and a monotonous length that rushes towards the end.
zachattackJan 18, 2012
I recently read Brian Michael Bendis' run on Daredevil and was blown away by how good it was. Out of curiosity (and my better judgement) I decided I had to watch this movie. Unfortunately, the quality of the comic book is lost to the film.I recently read Brian Michael Bendis' run on Daredevil and was blown away by how good it was. Out of curiosity (and my better judgement) I decided I had to watch this movie. Unfortunately, the quality of the comic book is lost to the film. Director Mark Steven Johnson got just about everything wrong. The casting was poor - the most obvious example is Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. In the comics, he's a fat white guy. In the film, hes a black body builder. I could have lived with this if Michael Clarke Duncan could play the role of a villain - but he's just to damn charming. Ben Affleck was mis-cast, as was Jennifer Garner. Their combined acting was pretty poor - I just couldn't suspend my belief long enough to accept either of them as heroes. I think the director just tried to cram too much into this film. The film covers Matt Murdock gaining his powers (and disability) as a child, his fathers death, his career as a lawyer, his romantic relationship with Elektra, his friendship with Foggy Nelson and Ben Ulrich and his feud with both Bullseye and Kingpin. It was just too much - the movie was saturated and watered down with plot devices. Aesthetically speaking, the film was too dark. Many of the scenes were filmed at night or in dark interiors. I found it distracting during the action scenes; the sequences were hard to follow because of the dimly lit sets. Finally, I'd just like to point out that this movie is CHEESY. Good god. I actually laughed out loud a couple of times because of how bad the acting/dialogue was. The bottom line? Skip it, especially if you're a fan of the Daredevil comics. Expand
J-ShapAug 27, 2011
For a superhero that's supposed to be so dark and tortured by guilt (emotional and Catholic), Daredevil is a rather goofy movie. It's dialogue feels like it was written by someone who had never read a comic book trying to emulate one, andFor a superhero that's supposed to be so dark and tortured by guilt (emotional and Catholic), Daredevil is a rather goofy movie. It's dialogue feels like it was written by someone who had never read a comic book trying to emulate one, and scene after scene of forced drama (and by drama, I mean play a ton of emo songs). Expand
SuperheroMoviesAug 5, 2013
There are moments of undeniably zippy fun, but Daredevil suffers from indolent acting, incoherent pacing and a monotonous script that's weak compared to the average superhero movie standard.
baole58Jul 1, 2013
It's not enough to make a regular popcorn superhero flick when films like Spider-Man as well as X-men has wit, character development and high-octane action sequences that makes them great movies all around.

Ben Affleck fits the role for

Ben Affleck fits the role for Matt Murdock/Daredevil but the movie is, ultimately, too derivative to be on par with other superhero movies. It does have enough moments that, without them, would've made the movie much worse than it already is but the rest of the characters don't get their showcase, especially Elektra.
MovieGuysSep 26, 2013
Okay superhero movie, at best. The score and dialogue are pretty unintelligent, but the added imparity of blindness to the protagonist adds for at least a little something extra.
hoops2448Oct 15, 2011
This film isn't the scarring experience I was expecting (for that I watched Electra) but it didn't live up to what it could have been. It seemed that Daredevil took the middle ground and stayed there with it aspiring to be something more thanThis film isn't the scarring experience I was expecting (for that I watched Electra) but it didn't live up to what it could have been. It seemed that Daredevil took the middle ground and stayed there with it aspiring to be something more than average but never really putting in the effort. I normally don't appreciate super hero movies for the same reason in that they are way too upbeat and when a comic book film tries to show real darkness it usually fails quite miserably. However Daredevil actually does have a nice tone in its darkness, the mixture of colours actually provides for a pleasant viewing experience with there being some truly clever direction in places (rain face). I'm not saying its high art but it works with there being some incredibly visceral moments. If anything the movie annoys with the fact it embraces a little too much its comic book roots in its representation of Bullseye who (with the help of Colin Farrell) manages to drive the viewer up the wall. Daredevil made some moves to be unique but overall just didn't put in enough effort to pull it off. Also Jon Favreau needs to stop playing the jovial sidekick, if you've seen Swingers you know it is beneath him Expand
MegWhiteleyMar 7, 2012
Other good title. I meet the Daredevil story, and is beautiful, is same like the batman's story, but this adaptation is some regular, some performance are good, but others no much, the story of this film is regular, and a lot of boring. IOther good title. I meet the Daredevil story, and is beautiful, is same like the batman's story, but this adaptation is some regular, some performance are good, but others no much, the story of this film is regular, and a lot of boring. I think that is a correct film, special mention to the church scene, is fantastic. In no much words, a correct film. Expand
Rox22Sep 23, 2013
To be fair, I didn't hate this movie. There was allot I liked and I thought Affleck didn't do a bad job. He looked like Daredevil and his Matt Murdock was a little wimpy, but good enough. I really don't like how much he gets trashed, since itTo be fair, I didn't hate this movie. There was allot I liked and I thought Affleck didn't do a bad job. He looked like Daredevil and his Matt Murdock was a little wimpy, but good enough. I really don't like how much he gets trashed, since it wasn't him that was wrong with the movie, but the writing and directing.

How could Garner be cast as Elektra? This role was clearly design for Michelle Rodriguez. Garner was terrible in the movie. Enough on this.

Farrell is just fantastic as Bullseye. I do question the movies design for his character, but I guess it's fine. Michael Clarke Duncan is just phenomenal as Kingpin, granted the race change has a little odd at first, but he nails the character, both in delivery and in physically.

Overall:
Daredevil Is a badly written and poorly directed mess by someone who clearly lacks the experience for this kind of movie. Luckily the actors (not Garner) do save the film from being a total failure.
TheQuietGamerApr 22, 2017
Before finally finding success in the MCU, Marvel had a rough time bringing their characters to life on the big-screen with the same level of success Raimi's Spider-Man had. The Ben Affleck led Daredevil is the perfect example of that fact.Before finally finding success in the MCU, Marvel had a rough time bringing their characters to life on the big-screen with the same level of success Raimi's Spider-Man had. The Ben Affleck led Daredevil is the perfect example of that fact. It certainly tries to be good, but ultimately just gets in it's own way at every turn.

The problem is that it's just so cheesy. The comics it's based on are dark, gritty, and violent. It looks early on like this is going to be the case here too. However, as soon as that first action sequence hits and we see the man without fear comically flying across the room the promise those noir-esque initially held quickly goes out the window. It's all downhill from there.

The action is a big problem. It's just too goofy and cartoonish. I honestly can't tell if the director was trying to make these scenes have a humorous tinge to them or not. Whatever the case it's certainly there. It's nice to see a superhero movie have a little blood though. You'll also see characters getting explicitly stabbed or having their bones broken. So at the very least Daredevil has a little more edge to it than other superhero flicks. A good thing as it fits the character.

The movie is sort of barebones in the plot department. Things move slow, the conclusion is rushed, and there are quite a few moments that just don't make any sense. The characters are fine though. The standouts are Jon Favreau as the comic relief and the sorely missed Michael Clarke Duncan who plays the film's underdeveloped main villain. It's also nice to see Jennifer Garner being so incredibly sexy onscreen. Everyone else is fine, but just kind of there. Of course they all get their fair share of bad dialog and one-liners so terrible you just can't help but laugh.

Speaking of laughter, that's something you may find yourself doing more times than you would expect. Unfortunately a lot of them are at the film's expense. As I've mentioned before, it's incredibly cheesy. This leads to plenty of unintentionally funny moments. When you bring the soundtrack into the equation though, it becomes outright hilarious. The movie uses a lot of hard rock as sort of a try-hard way to come off as cool, edgy, and capture that dark tone of the source material. It just doesn't work and bolsters the already cheesy tone. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the director's choice to use an Evanescence song during a funeral scene. I just couldn't take it seriously. Same for an already goofy action sequence where Elektra is training by awkwardly chopping up sandbags. Yet another Evanescence song and more unintentional hilarity.

Now, to be clear it's not that they are bad songs. I like Evanescence. It's just that the band's material already has a certain stigma to it. Their song Bring Me to Life is practically a meme for crying out loud and that's the one they used in the movie! Now, I know back in 2003 when this movie came out that wasn't the case for the song, but there's no escaping the how goofy it feels to try and use it for a serious moment today. Same goes for the whole soundtrack really. It's just clear that each song was picked to try and make the movie feel edgy. A whole heck of a lot edgier than it actually ended up being.

Oh, Daredevil. Bless it's heart it tries. It's clear that actual effort did go into this, but ultimately it was misguided and failed to do the character justice. There are a few good things here and there and I mean, heck, you can laugh at it, but it's just so bad there's no reason to watch it unless you just want to kind of torture yourself for about and hour and forty-three minutes. It would have been outright amazing to see a genuinely brutal, dark superhero movie hit the scene back in the early 2000s. Daredevil certainly tried. Unfortunately what we got ended up having the same tone as the Schumacher Batman movies, only somehow with extra Velveeta. That's just not a good fit for Daredevil or his fans, and neither is this movie as a result.
MrMovieBuffApr 25, 2017
While 'Daredevil' is most certainly dark and daring (no pun intended), there does seem to be some form of miscalculation regarding to the movie's overall execution to its plot. Ben Affleck stars as respected lawyer Matt Murdock, who, as aWhile 'Daredevil' is most certainly dark and daring (no pun intended), there does seem to be some form of miscalculation regarding to the movie's overall execution to its plot. Ben Affleck stars as respected lawyer Matt Murdock, who, as a child, lived with his wasted father who was a boxer, but one day, after seeing his father as a gang member, he runs into an accident involving bio-hazard oil splashing directly into his eyes causing him to lose his sight and go blind. As he wakes up in his hospital bed, he notices that his four other senses have become heightened, and can visualize what is going on, as long as he concentrates on his four other senses allowing him to direct what he must do. Matt, one night, hears that his father's in trouble, and it turns out that the murder of his father was done at the hands of the Kingpin (Michael Clarke Duncan), and Matt will never forget this night. Time and time again, Matt tries to bring "justice" to the city, he fights crime at night as his "Daredevil" alter ego, nobody seems to know who this strange vigilante is, but he has gone on record for stopping some of the most vicious criminals in the city. We are then introduced to "Bullseye" (Colin Farrell), who is recruited by the Kingpin to assassinate Nikolas Nacheos (Erick Avari), the father of Elektra Nacheos (Jennifer Garner), whom Matt falls in love with, and it turns out that they both share the same skills in fighting. The movie does have its moments of pleasure, and some pretty neat action thrown here and there, but overall, some of the dialogue, some of the direction and just the overall execution of the story comes off a little ridiculous and unintentionally hilarious. I liked the tone, and I liked the actors and what they brought to their performances, but overall, the movie could have been better... a lot better. Expand
CineAutoctonoDec 20, 2015
" Dardevil " was a means boring movie , because only about half of the movie was interesting , but a little disapproving , as the criticism of experts and spectators , I did not surprise me that a man is called a man without fear , if this blind.