Deadfall

5.8

1. May 10, 2013
    A car crash, four deaths and a finger sliced off and that's all in the first 20 minutes. Deadfall is certainly not without incident. However, after the first half an hour it all starts to get a little dull despite all the action. It's only when the drama moves into the home of Kristofferson and Spacek that some real tension and emotion is able to spring forth. For the rest of the time theA car crash, four deaths and a finger sliced off and that's all in the first 20 minutes. Deadfall is certainly not without incident. However, after the first half an hour it all starts to get a little dull despite all the action. It's only when the drama moves into the home of Kristofferson and Spacek that some real tension and emotion is able to spring forth. For the rest of the time the film feels disjointed and lacks any real rhythm. Performances are decent, despite some stilted dialogue, and the snowbound scenario is also good value. On the whole, though, this is just like your average B movie. Expand
  2. Mar 3, 2013
    This movie had so much potential especially with Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde and Kris Kristofferson starring in this movie. This movie was well acted and the plot was okay but the ending could have been better. However the special effects were pretty good. The good thing about this movie was that you never knew what was going to happen next. It was good until the ending but it was stillThis movie had so much potential especially with Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde and Kris Kristofferson starring in this movie. This movie was well acted and the plot was okay but the ending could have been better. However the special effects were pretty good. The good thing about this movie was that you never knew what was going to happen next. It was good until the ending but it was still enjoyable and worth watching nonetheless. Collapse
  3. Nov 13, 2014
    "Deadfall" 10 Scale Rating: 4.5 (Mediocre) ...

The Good: Great cast that doesn't disappoint. I'm a little surprised that I didn't hear more about a film starring Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde, Kris Kristofferson, and Sissy Spacek. The film shows promise at times and the ending was mildly entertaining. The Bad: While it does indeed show glimpses of promise, ultimately there is nothing new
    "Deadfall" 10 Scale Rating: 4.5 (Mediocre) ...

The Bad: While it does indeed show glimpses of promise, ultimately there is nothing new here. Pretty straight forward and at times tedious, it feels like a direct to DVD release.
  4. Aug 11, 2015
    The lack of likable characters, and depth of storyline made this film miss the mark. The most in depth character we had was the son who was released from prison, but he wasn't even the main character. There was no one in the film that I was rooting for. Maybe the female sheriff deputy, but even her back story was very short and underdeveloped. Why was she so hated among the force?

The

The overall acting was good, they just didn't have much to work with. I really wanted to like it. I
    am a big Olivia Wilde fan. Unfortunately there wasn't enough to get me emotionally involved.

1. Reviewed by: Walter Addiego
    Dec 23, 2012
    Despite a super-dark noir plot and respectable cast, Deadfall is a thriller that never quite delivers on its promise.
  2. Reviewed by: Calvin Wilson
    Dec 14, 2012
    Bana ("Munich") makes an effective bad guy. Hunnam portrays Jay as a hero worth rooting for. And Wilde turns in a nuanced performance as a woman in conflict with herself.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 7, 2012
    It's a tight, taut, expertly crafted thriller from a director to watch.