Magnolia Pictures | Release Date: December 7, 2012
5.7
Mixed or average reviews based on 36 Ratings
WATCH NOW
zorro45Oct 15, 2015
Surprise movie! Surprising for the cast involved-impressive. Surprising for the rapid pace. Surprising for most of the photography. Surprising for the "believability" of the characters. The glitches or shortfalls included: (1) TheSurprise movie! Surprising for the cast involved-impressive. Surprising for the rapid pace. Surprising for most of the photography. Surprising for the "believability" of the characters. The glitches or shortfalls included: (1) The near-incestuous relationship was a bit underplayed at the outset; the ability to walk through a near-blizzard in street clothes seems far-fetched from my experience; the relationship between Treat Williams and Kate Mara seemed a bit off, somehow.

I liked that the confluence of sub-plots, while stretching credibility a bit, was not too far removed from what could be realistic. Eric Bana was "delightful" as a truly evil person. All other major characters, Ms Wilde, Mr. Hunam, Ms. Spacek and Mr. Kristofferson, allowed the viewer to suspend disbelief and accept the role they played.

I enjoyed the movie.
mattoaksAug 11, 2015
The lack of likable characters, and depth of storyline made this film miss the mark. The most in depth character we had was the son who was released from prison, but he wasn't even the main character. There was no one in the film that I wasThe lack of likable characters, and depth of storyline made this film miss the mark. The most in depth character we had was the son who was released from prison, but he wasn't even the main character. There was no one in the film that I was rooting for. Maybe the female sheriff deputy, but even her back story was very short and underdeveloped. Why was she so hated among the force?

The overall acting was good, they just didn't have much to work with. I really wanted to like it. I
am a big Olivia Wilde fan. Unfortunately there wasn't enough to get me emotionally involved.
DCEdmondsNov 13, 2014
"Deadfall" 10 Scale Rating: 4.5 (Mediocre) ...

"Deadfall" 10 Scale Rating: 4.5 (Mediocre) ...

The Good: Great cast that doesn't disappoint. I'm a little surprised that I didn't hear more about a film starring Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde, Kris Kristofferson, and Sissy Spacek. The film shows promise at times and the ending was mildly entertaining.

The Bad: While it does indeed show glimpses of promise, ultimately there is nothing new here. Pretty straight forward and at times tedious, it feels like a direct to DVD release.
JJ515Nov 9, 2013
It was a winter flick,so there was atmosphere,which delivers the viewer a warm feeling of security,sitting a closed environment.A crime has been committed because of the elicit money.They are on the run,which delivers a taunt suspense.ThenIt was a winter flick,so there was atmosphere,which delivers the viewer a warm feeling of security,sitting a closed environment.A crime has been committed because of the elicit money.They are on the run,which delivers a taunt suspense.Then the crash.There is the mystery of the cause of the "accident".Hana delivers an evil,devil may care performance.There is an odd relationship between Wilde and himself,which is only hinted at,casting a darker noir aspect.A predictable ending,with a twist,was ultimately satisfying.Atmosphere made the film.I enjoyed it,somewhat surprisingly. Expand
foxgroveMay 10, 2013
A car crash, four deaths and a finger sliced off and that's all in the first 20 minutes. Deadfall is certainly not without incident. However, after the first half an hour it all starts to get a little dull despite all the action. It's onlyA car crash, four deaths and a finger sliced off and that's all in the first 20 minutes. Deadfall is certainly not without incident. However, after the first half an hour it all starts to get a little dull despite all the action. It's only when the drama moves into the home of Kristofferson and Spacek that some real tension and emotion is able to spring forth. For the rest of the time the film feels disjointed and lacks any real rhythm. Performances are decent, despite some stilted dialogue, and the snowbound scenario is also good value. On the whole, though, this is just like your average B movie. Expand
soren40Mar 3, 2013
This movie had so much potential especially with Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde and Kris Kristofferson starring in this movie. This movie was well acted and the plot was okay but the ending could have been better. However the special effects wereThis movie had so much potential especially with Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde and Kris Kristofferson starring in this movie. This movie was well acted and the plot was okay but the ending could have been better. However the special effects were pretty good. The good thing about this movie was that you never knew what was going to happen next. It was good until the ending but it was still enjoyable and worth watching nonetheless. Expand
bethesdabobMar 2, 2013
I really enjoyed this movie and if you like a good thriller, you'll like this one too. It deserves better than the critics' reviews. The acting is very good and the action is very good too.
Gatsby007Feb 23, 2013
This movie was suprisingly pretty good. Some cheesy acting at moments but all in all pretty good. Somewhat like an old cohen bros movie. Entertaining at the least. Olivia is strange but hot. Def worth the rent.