Dark Sky Films | Release Date: July 24, 2009
6.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 27 Ratings
Watch Now
HotelCentralJun 15, 2016
This is a zombie flick that might be described as uniquely horrifying and revolting. Our "heros" begin the film as teen victims of bullies but are revealed in fullness of time to be just as morally vacant as their oppressors. I would giveThis is a zombie flick that might be described as uniquely horrifying and revolting. Our "heros" begin the film as teen victims of bullies but are revealed in fullness of time to be just as morally vacant as their oppressors. I would give the film a 7 if only it were not a mere snapshot. There is nothing to explain where the "deadgirl" came from and only our imagination to suggest where she might be going. There is also a dog which seems to have the sole purpose of providing a few extra beats of menace. How it happens to be where it is, or how it survives, is never revealed.

On the whole, it's all very creepy and mildly entertaining and you could do a lot worse when delving into the zombie film genre.
AlienSpaceBatsJun 14, 2013
Using what sounds like the discarded remnants of Michael Andrews' Donnie Darko score, Deadgirl tries (and fails) to be artistic, atmospheric and thought-provoking. It isn't unique, disturbing or entertaining.
JayH.Sep 16, 2009
It at least has an original plot, and the acting is fine, but it is a very unpleasant movie. It has a creepy atmosphere and is well edited. Just the whole subject matter is a bit of a turn off.
0 of 0 users found this helpful