5.2

1. Aug 24, 2012
    This film has a lot of potential but it just falls down in every category. I feel as if the film tries just a bit too hard to be funny and I laughed maybe three times throughout the film as a result. Also, the advert used the majority of the comedic moments meaning that we had already seen many of the jokes. Puts me off watching the original but at some point I will sit down and watch it to compare. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Proving that a comedy’s performers are sometimes more important than its jokes, this remake of Frank Oz’s dreary 2007 British farce of the same name livens up the proceedings by subbing in a comic African-American all-star cast.
    I laughed all the way through, in fact. This is the best comedy since "The Hangover," and although it's almost a scene-by-scene remake of a 2007 British movie with the same title, it's funnier than the original.
    The new Funeral, directed by social commentator-director Neil LaBute ("Lakeview Terrace") doesn’t improve on the original, which wasn’t exactly a classic despite its classic structure.