Death Race

6.9

1. Nov 19, 2011
    Eh it was a poor and unneeded remake. The cast sucked, The entire idea was poor and is pretty much exactly the same as the original, and it was just boring. Its one of those films that was more fitting for a direct to dvd release.
  2. NickC.
    Feb 27, 2009
    Predictable, over-acted, under-plotted rubbish. I gave it 8 for the car scenes, but took 7 off for Statham's crap acting.
  3. ScottF
    Nov 2, 2008
    Well, as they say on the interwebs, "There's x minutes of my life I'll never get back!". Forget plot development, character development, suspense, mental engagement, lip-syncing, clear dialogue, etc. etc. This mumbling sepia toned video game was a interesting as Grantourismo 4. The dialogue mumbled, and the soundtrack overbearing. Note to producers: 1) Loud music does not polish Well, as they say on the interwebs, "There's x minutes of my life I'll never get back!". Forget plot development, character development, suspense, mental engagement, lip-syncing, clear dialogue, etc. etc. This mumbling sepia toned video game was a interesting as Grantourismo 4. The dialogue mumbled, and the soundtrack overbearing. Note to producers: 1) Loud music does not polish the t*rd. 2) Adding some colour 'occasionally' might even help the movie. 3) a storyline might help too..... Sorry but this movie has the gore for an adult audience, but everything else seems at 10 yr old level maturity level. Expand
  4. vraygodlike
    Oct 16, 2008
    Terrible. All the cars with the guns look really cheap; the movie has a feel as if it was made in 1990. You can totally tell the cardboard that has been sprayed silver to look like metal. The violence is also cheap. It cuts from the healthy person to a puppet with no head and red paint shooting out but you don't see the in-between.
  5. ThomasM.
    Sep 5, 2008
    I have struggled to come up with something positive to say about the film; some small redeeming feature to give the viewer some refuge against the barrage of irrational, senseless, poorly edited and photographed mayhem populated with wooden actors and banal dialogue--but there really is only one good thing I could come up with: it ends
  6. AP
    Aug 21, 2008
    Worst movie I've seen in years. 30 Days of Night and Spider-man 3 were cinematic masterpieces compared to this horrible drek. Trite story, totally insulting.
  7. ZachN.
    Jan 21, 2009
    (I'm short on time so this is going to be a very short and quick review) I was really looking forward to this movie from the second I saw a trailer for it in a theatre awhile back. I finally got to see it and to be honest it was just a run-of-the-mill action flick. Had I seen this during the summer it probably would've been completely forgettable instead of just partially as it (I'm short on time so this is going to be a very short and quick review) I was really looking forward to this movie from the second I saw a trailer for it in a theatre awhile back. I finally got to see it and to be honest it was just a run-of-the-mill action flick. Had I seen this during the summer it probably would've been completely forgettable instead of just partially as it was. Most movies of this genre thrive off of their "wow moments". People watch them simply for those scenes. Death Race has one. Those of you that have seen it know what I'm talking about. When the lead character and Shotgun Joe both hit the pad and cause the semi-truck to flip end over end. My jaw dropped at that moment. If only there had been a few more like it. As a side note though, this movie would make a great base for a video game. It actually plays out so much like one that it's a little bit funny and awkward at several points. To sum it all up though, either watch any good racing movie, Grindhouse, or play Twisted Metal, just don't try and do these things all at once. Expand
  8. Dec 27, 2011
    Death Race (D) - Other than cars and names, this movie has nothing to do with the film it is based on - which is one that I love. This is silly with totally absurd dialogue - if you like fast cars and crashes ala all the other contemporary race movies, you might find some value out of it.
  9. Feb 18, 2012
    Another Paul W.S. Anderson film that unsuccessfully attempts to pass off meaningless motion, loud noise and shots of marginally-contained breasts as entertainment. Pure hell to sit through.

Anderson has neutered the original film's outrageously transgressive macadam mayhem and completely stripped the story of its pointedly political social satire, making this Death Race one of the most boring drags of all time.
  2. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    With its inexplicably watchable shotgun-riding bimbos, unconscious homoeroticism and "Shawshank Redemption" ending, The Fast and the Frivolous here is almost so bad it's good. Almost...
  3. OK, so no plot, really.