6.8

1. Jan 25, 2015
    Um estilo velozes e furiosos mais foda,claro com Jason Statham correndo a mil num super carro e dando super porradas num som de heavy metal. Tyrese Gibson está ótimo também com Machine-Gun-Joe. Cheio de cenas excelentes de ação,cenas arrasadoras de arrepiar e muito palavrão.
  2. Dec 12, 2014
    Death Race is as action packed as any movie I've ever seen. Jason Statham was great, as badass as he always is. Tyrese Gibson is also pretty intimidating as the antagonist, although his acting was not really that strong, but he made his presence felt. The race scenes get your heart pumping and you can't take your eyes off the screen. One of the better action flicks I've seen in recent memory.
  3. Nov 15, 2013
    Death Race kills.
    In one of Jason Statham's most consistent films. Death Race takes a simple plot and executes it with precision. The film is filled with good action sequences, a well developed story line, and is just fun to watch.
  4. Aug 4, 2013
    I really liked this movie. Good action, good actors, I liked the story (not the most original one but it works). After all, great movie. It's great watching it multiple times. Even though I know the whole movie, it's still entertaining.
  5. Jul 16, 2013
    Great movie along with great acting from Statham. Good action, the right amount of gore and a good dialogue throughout. Some very good deaths and the idea of the race itself was very clever.
  6. Mar 16, 2013
    Death Race is no masterpiece but I enjoyed it a lot, it reminded me of playing Carmageddon and Death Rally. The characters are well developed for an action movie and it just has a great pacing. The driving scenes were great, some of the cars looked really good and the race-track looked like something that would be used for a death rally. Recommended for anyone who thinks cars are only goodDeath Race is no masterpiece but I enjoyed it a lot, it reminded me of playing Carmageddon and Death Rally. The characters are well developed for an action movie and it just has a great pacing. The driving scenes were great, some of the cars looked really good and the race-track looked like something that would be used for a death rally. Recommended for anyone who thinks cars are only good when they come with steel plated armour, machine guns and a lot of spikes. Will definitely be watching Death Race 2 and 3. Expand
  7. Mar 8, 2013
    In 2012 the US economy collapses, unemployment and crime rocket to their highest ever levels. Jensen Ames is a steelworker, his yard is being closed down and he gets a measly last pay of $300. When he return home to his wife and daughter all is normal until she is murdered by a burglar, leaving Jensen with the blame. 6 months later Jensen has been found guilty of a murder he didn't commitIn 2012 the US economy collapses, unemployment and crime rocket to their highest ever levels. Jensen Ames is a steelworker, his yard is being closed down and he gets a measly last pay of $300. When he return home to his wife and daughter all is normal until she is murdered by a burglar, leaving Jensen with the blame. 6 months later Jensen has been found guilty of a murder he didn't commit and is on his way to Terminal Island Prison. At Terminal Island people have the chance to win their freedom by competing in Death Race, Jensen becomes the new star of the competition however his rivals aren't all to keen on him taking the limelight.
    Death Race is a great dumb action film, the plot is good though you wont remember it in 2 hours. The action is bloody and satisfying, the racing is tense and the film is well edited. Wrapping it all together is a half decent story, everything you need in an action movie...oh and Jason Statham.
  8. Feb 25, 2013
    This movie is actually a good action movie with a lot of explosions and guns and hot women. Which incidentally makes you think it's directed by Michael Bay, sorry couldn't resist. Anyway its a decent movie with good actors but the plot could have been better. Jason Statham, and Tyrese Gibson were decent and Joan Allen plays a really good villain but it is not as good as The Transporter.
  9. Feb 29, 2012
    MOST awesome film every could get my mind of it it was in the back of my head for time and WOW its so awesome i just wanna watch it some many more time lol its like one of them film that just drive the bubbles in ur head and the speed of the car and the sexy the one with frankstan is sooooo hot.
  10. Feb 18, 2012
    Another Paul W.S. Anderson film that unsuccessfully attempts to pass off meaningless motion, loud noise and shots of marginally-contained breasts as entertainment. Pure hell to sit through.
  11. Feb 6, 2012
    Action, explosions, cars and lots of guns. This movies comes like a racing game. But that's it. There are heaps of action movies out that have the same ingrediances and are way better. It's not a total fail but u may skip this movie...
  12. Dec 27, 2011
    Death Race (D) - Other than cars and names, this movie has nothing to do with the film it is based on - which is one that I love. This is silly with totally absurd dialogue - if you like fast cars and crashes ala all the other contemporary race movies, you might find some value out of it.
  13. Nov 19, 2011
    Eh it was a poor and unneeded remake. The cast sucked, The entire idea was poor and is pretty much exactly the same as the original, and it was just boring. Its one of those films that was more fitting for a direct to dvd release.
  14. Mar 27, 2011
    Okay, I think i'm a fan of Jason Statham. I loved both of his Crank films, I enjoyed his role in The Italian Job (best thing about that film, IMO) and I truly enjoyed his Death Race film. Death Race doesn't have any character development, the acting's sub par, the dialogue is cliched and the plot is quite a mess, but damn, this film is entertaining. Fast cars, bloody deaths, big explosionsOkay, I think i'm a fan of Jason Statham. I loved both of his Crank films, I enjoyed his role in The Italian Job (best thing about that film, IMO) and I truly enjoyed his Death Race film. Death Race doesn't have any character development, the acting's sub par, the dialogue is cliched and the plot is quite a mess, but damn, this film is entertaining. Fast cars, bloody deaths, big explosions and Ian McShane being awesome as ever make this film really enjoyable. You'd think this film was a video game adaptation, considering it was made by Paul W.S Anderson, who's responsible for four Resident Evil films and 2 Mortal Kombat movies. You can definately see the video game influences with the cars running over the switches to get weapons (Kill switches are especially fun) Henessey, the sadistic prison warden, is definately a brilliant antagonist, who wants to pump up the ratings as more ratings equals more money, and shes willing to do anything to do so, including planting bombs, sabotaging races and murder. Her big antagonistic truck that she was building, The Dreadnought, seems much better in theory than in execution. Its like the director just gave a kid some broken up vehicles and made the design around whatever mess was made. It did look cool though. Much more enjoyable than any of Paul W.S Anderson's Resident Evil movies. Expand
  15. Mar 6, 2011
    The story about a man who was framed for killing his wife isn't the most original thing in the world but it does a good job of setting the pace, if bloody adrenaline fueled action doesn't keep your attention, you may want to look elsewhere for your next movie.
  16. DanielS
    Oct 18, 2009
    Gabriel Z, firstly you said that the title is Death Race and we shouldn't expect a good movie but a mess of explosions The movie that this movie was based on was "Death Race 2000" and that was a good movie most of us critics went into "death race" expecting something as good as the original and could you please refrain from commenting on critic websites, since you do not know Gabriel Z, firstly you said that the title is Death Race and we shouldn't expect a good movie but a mess of explosions The movie that this movie was based on was "Death Race 2000" and that was a good movie most of us critics went into "death race" expecting something as good as the original and could you please refrain from commenting on critic websites, since you do not know anything about a good movie. Expand
  17. NickG
    Sep 22, 2009
    It wasn't anything special, but it was entertaining.I've seen far worse movies.The acting was good, the effects were good but it just lacked something in the plot that would have made it better.
  18. janeD
    Mar 18, 2009
    I thought this was great. Mind you, I watched Babylon AD the week before so maybe it gained something from following that. Good pace, great fight scenes, movie well structured. Everything about the story is straight out of the action movie cliche lucky dip but who cares, it does it all really well and pulls you in. The only detraction was that some of the dialogue was a bit lame when it I thought this was great. Mind you, I watched Babylon AD the week before so maybe it gained something from following that. Good pace, great fight scenes, movie well structured. Everything about the story is straight out of the action movie cliche lucky dip but who cares, it does it all really well and pulls you in. The only detraction was that some of the dialogue was a bit lame when it was meant to be tough. Expand
  19. NickC.
    Feb 27, 2009
    Predictable, over-acted, under-plotted rubbish. I gave it 8 for the car scenes, but took 7 off for Statham's crap acting.
  20. LeoSmith
    Feb 22, 2009
    An excellent B-movie. Lots of action. Even a story-line. Well played characters, except for the Lady-in-charge. Makes you wonder if TV companies would show such an event. Not really. We know they would !
  21. GabrielZ
    Jan 28, 2009
    Oh please if you went into this movie expecting anything more than what it delivered you are delusional. The title is Death Race, did anyone expect deep emotional drama or in depth dialogue? I expected cars, bullets, explosions, and hot women, and that is EXACTLY what I got. LOVED IT!!!! So turn off your higher brain functions, you only need the primal ones, kick back and enjoy the ride.
  22. PaulioG
    Jan 25, 2009
    Stratham is the only reason to watch this. Not much in it except a one line plot and explosions.
  23. richards
    Jan 21, 2009
    It was a cool movie I think you should make a part 2 to this.
  24. ZachN.
    Jan 21, 2009
    (I'm short on time so this is going to be a very short and quick review) I was really looking forward to this movie from the second I saw a trailer for it in a theatre awhile back. I finally got to see it and to be honest it was just a run-of-the-mill action flick. Had I seen this during the summer it probably would've been completely forgettable instead of just partially as it (I'm short on time so this is going to be a very short and quick review) I was really looking forward to this movie from the second I saw a trailer for it in a theatre awhile back. I finally got to see it and to be honest it was just a run-of-the-mill action flick. Had I seen this during the summer it probably would've been completely forgettable instead of just partially as it was. Most movies of this genre thrive off of their "wow moments". People watch them simply for those scenes. Death Race has one. Those of you that have seen it know what I'm talking about. When the lead character and Shotgun Joe both hit the pad and cause the semi-truck to flip end over end. My jaw dropped at that moment. If only there had been a few more like it. As a side note though, this movie would make a great base for a video game. It actually plays out so much like one that it's a little bit funny and awkward at several points. To sum it all up though, either watch any good racing movie, Grindhouse, or play Twisted Metal, just don't try and do these things all at once. Expand
  25. Paco
    Jan 18, 2009
    Death Race is a solid action flick. Statham plays it cool like he always does, with decent support. The action is realistic, rough and gritty. Don't expect high art, it's just fun Saturday night popcorn action the way it should be.
  26. HasanK.
    Jan 10, 2009
    Easy watching, nice entertainments.
  27. MichaelS.
    Dec 29, 2008
    This movie was recommended to me by someone who has an annoying tendency to love every action movie ever made, so I wasn't really looking forward to seeing it. I was pleasantly surprised though. While it's not the greatest action movie ever made, and seems much like "The Running Man" retold, it kept my interest throughout.
  28. BitBurn
    Dec 28, 2008
    Great action movie, love the storyline, acting was okay thanks to Jason Statham. Natalie Martinez is a babe!
  29. EhabY.
    Dec 28, 2008
    Best Movie i ever seen from awhile .. best acting and cars design .. and the more reality to the it make it the most action movie of the year
  30. OscarR.
    Dec 27, 2008
    I thinkk it is th movie of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  31. GeorgeM
    Dec 22, 2008
    This movie is just alot of fun despite what critics say. It's full of vehicular mayhem with a little humor and drama in for good measure. If the Shawshank Redemption, The Road Warrior, and The Running Man all got together and had a baby....Death Race would be it. Jason Statham once again proves he can mix action and drama sort of like he did with The Bank Job and still make an This movie is just alot of fun despite what critics say. It's full of vehicular mayhem with a little humor and drama in for good measure. If the Shawshank Redemption, The Road Warrior, and The Running Man all got together and had a baby....Death Race would be it. Jason Statham once again proves he can mix action and drama sort of like he did with The Bank Job and still make an entertaining movie. The vehicle action is quickly shot and VERY fast-paced kind of like the racing itself....its brutal, bloody, and unforgiving and vehicles explode, fly through the air with machine guns a blazing in a wonderul orchestra of automotive violence. im not a very big Paul W. Anderson fan....Event Horizon and now THIS stand as his best films, im actually surprised at how entertaining this was. The whole cast shines in this film, no-one comes off as annoying or underused....everyone gets the appropriate screen time and lines of dialogue to keep a proper balance given the talent here. This is just a FUN FUN movie, its heavy on action and light on being overly serious. i HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to action film fans as a BUY.....and strongly recommend it as a rental. Expand
  32. JayH.
    Dec 18, 2008
    Fast paced, a pure action film with absolutely no substance. Empty headed and over stylized, the does entertain to a point, but it's like eating a sandwich with nothing between the bread. It never quite satisfies. What were you thinking Joan Allen?
  33. JimB.
    Dec 18, 2008
    Thourghly enjoyable. I have to say that this is Anderson's best movie and easily one of 2008's greatest.
  34. BenC.
    Dec 3, 2008
    As a movie about cars with machine guns and whatnot, it delivers. Why you'd go into something like this looking for a deep and engrossing plot is beyond me.
  35. IanCried
    Nov 27, 2008
    Put your brain in park and your adrenal glands in first. The film does what it says on the side of the video game box it came in, drive cars with guns and blow stuff up. It is like the scriptwriters walked through a section of Toys-R-Us looking for insparation, they found it reading the back of the boxes in the 'retro' gaming zone. The movie of Max Max the Game.
  36. ScottF
    Nov 2, 2008
    Well, as they say on the interwebs, "There's x minutes of my life I'll never get back!". Forget plot development, character development, suspense, mental engagement, lip-syncing, clear dialogue, etc. etc. This mumbling sepia toned video game was a interesting as Grantourismo 4. The dialogue mumbled, and the soundtrack overbearing. Note to producers: 1) Loud music does not polish Well, as they say on the interwebs, "There's x minutes of my life I'll never get back!". Forget plot development, character development, suspense, mental engagement, lip-syncing, clear dialogue, etc. etc. This mumbling sepia toned video game was a interesting as Grantourismo 4. The dialogue mumbled, and the soundtrack overbearing. Note to producers: 1) Loud music does not polish the t*rd. 2) Adding some colour 'occasionally' might even help the movie. 3) a storyline might help too..... Sorry but this movie has the gore for an adult audience, but everything else seems at 10 yr old level maturity level. Expand
  37. TaomanT
    Oct 26, 2008
    Very good effects, action scenes. The acting is either good or above average. It is never bad though. The movie is to the point. It does not waste your time, every scene has its purpose. It delivers what it promises.
  38. BarneeB
    Oct 17, 2008
    The best action movie in recent memory. Fast Cars, big guns and fancy girls. And yes it's as good as it sounds. I really enjoyed this movie from the first moment to the last. Not really a complicated story, but who cares? Pay attention at the beginning, cause the best part is probably the first five minutes with the real Frankenstein. Not saying the least of the film is not amazing. The best action movie in recent memory. Fast Cars, big guns and fancy girls. And yes it's as good as it sounds. I really enjoyed this movie from the first moment to the last. Not really a complicated story, but who cares? Pay attention at the beginning, cause the best part is probably the first five minutes with the real Frankenstein. Not saying the least of the film is not amazing. If you like true action, and the occasional nasty language doesn't bother you, go and watch it right NOW!!! Expand
  39. vraygodlike
    Oct 16, 2008
    Terrible. All the cars with the guns look really cheap; the movie has a feel as if it was made in 1990. You can totally tell the cardboard that has been sprayed silver to look like metal. The violence is also cheap. It cuts from the healthy person to a puppet with no head and red paint shooting out but you don't see the in-between.
  40. AlanW.
    Sep 11, 2008
    For what it is--an action packed brainless death race--its a great movie for this class of shows. I enjoyed the ride and appreciated the simple plot and battle scenes. Go see it if you need a break from a day of stress and work.
  41. ThomasM.
    Sep 5, 2008
    I have struggled to come up with something positive to say about the film; some small redeeming feature to give the viewer some refuge against the barrage of irrational, senseless, poorly edited and photographed mayhem populated with wooden actors and banal dialogue--but there really is only one good thing I could come up with: it ends
  42. JimmyH.
    Aug 30, 2008
    Cars, exploding cars, exploding cars with guns, hot chicks and what can only be described as a doom truck. Death race is a simple, fun movie.
  43. MaggieC
    Aug 27, 2008
    This is the movie i've been waiting for, none stop action, guns and sassy language. The actors made their parts believeable and showed true emotion. Lately movies have been missing that edge and this movie deffinatly had edge. Best action movie out for sometime.
  44. JT
    Aug 25, 2008
    This movie was really great. i really enjoyed the action scenes. this is one of my favourite movies and i have seen ALOT of movies.
  45. ChadS.
    Aug 24, 2008
    The warden created Death Race. Since this made-for-television spectacle, an amalgamating of NASCAR and attempted manslaughter, is more organized than an intramural sports program for convicts, Hennessey(Joan Allen) wears a second hat at her maximum security penitentary. She is de facto commissioner of a high-profile sports league, who oversees its daily operations from an office that The warden created Death Race. Since this made-for-television spectacle, an amalgamating of NASCAR and attempted manslaughter, is more organized than an intramural sports program for convicts, Hennessey(Joan Allen) wears a second hat at her maximum security penitentary. She is de facto commissioner of a high-profile sports league, who oversees its daily operations from an office that overlooks the track. The thorny prison superintendent wields power, unchecked power. This autonomy allows Hennessey to manipulate her latest race by dispatching a personally-sanctioned attack vehicle to eliminate the lesser drivers on her roster, thus paving the way for a Frankenstein(Jason Stratham) versus Machine Gun Joe(Tyrene Gibson) showdown in the final heat, the last of Death Race's three stages. In essence, she fixes the race. "Death Race" is a coded film about the integrity of professional sports. For years, prior to the major scandal that rocked the basketball world, naysayers of conspiracy theories used to maintain that it would take tremendous chutzpah, with the prevalence of television cameras and a nationwide audience, to predetermine a contest's outcome for the sake of ratings and audience growth. When the coach(Ian McShane) says, "I love this game," "Death Race" gets specific about its target, although to be fair, all sports are susceptible to a dereliction of honest stewardship. Like the coach says, "That's entertainment." That's the cynical times we live in. This alleged film, a video game, really, has A.D.D., but it works on the level of revenge fantasy for professional basketball fans, who at one time or another, felt robbed. Expand
  46. SethHunte.r
    Aug 24, 2008
    Like most other stathan movies, it's big on action and special effects, and adrenalin, but the writers could have done a better job, also after watching this movie I had a sudden urge to go home and play the game "full auto 2 battle lines".
    Aug 24, 2008
    Its an amazing movie but i dont know about these other people and their bad comments but its so clear to me that these bad commentors dont know what an action movie is all about.
  48. ChrisD.
    Aug 22, 2008
    I'll be honest... While it's not perfect by any means nor is like the original, it didn't turn out THAT bad. I actually enjoyed it.
  49. AP
    Aug 21, 2008
    Worst movie I've seen in years. 30 Days of Night and Spider-man 3 were cinematic masterpieces compared to this horrible drek. Trite story, totally insulting.
  50. TerryD.
    Aug 21, 2008
    Is it me or do the critics INSTANTLY hate a movie when Paul W.S. Anderson's name is in the directors credit? I mean, geez, every movie this guy has produced was an absolute blast - Mortal Combat, Event Horizon, Soldier, Resident Evil, and Alien vs. Predator. Yeah, sure they weren't Hamlet but there are full of great fun and thrills. I'm going to see this as soon as I can - Is it me or do the critics INSTANTLY hate a movie when Paul W.S. Anderson's name is in the directors credit? I mean, geez, every movie this guy has produced was an absolute blast - Mortal Combat, Event Horizon, Soldier, Resident Evil, and Alien vs. Predator. Yeah, sure they weren't Hamlet but there are full of great fun and thrills. I'm going to see this as soon as I can - the guy delivers! Expand

Anderson has neutered the original film's outrageously transgressive macadam mayhem and completely stripped the story of its pointedly political social satire, making this Death Race one of the most boring drags of all time.
  2. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    With its inexplicably watchable shotgun-riding bimbos, unconscious homoeroticism and "Shawshank Redemption" ending, The Fast and the Frivolous here is almost so bad it's good. Almost...
  3. OK, so no plot, really.