6.7

1. Sep 25, 2011
    Kevin Bacon is just the best revenge dad I've seen to current date. His performance begs to differ in "Death Sentence". Unfortunately, the movie's lethargic script and uninspiring dialogue doesn't.
  2. Jan 7, 2011
    Suggests that acts of revenge might make a really bad situation even worse. A few gripping moments, no happy ending. ---------------------------------
  3. Mar 3, 2014
    I felt absolutely no emotion with any of these characters. In this sort of film, you need to have some sort of connection to really feel the pain and suffering caused and Bacon himself can't even save it. Yeah, the action is alright but if I didn't feel obliged to keep watching it to keep a friend happy, I would have turned it off long before it finished.

1. Death Sentence, directed by "Saw" co-creator James Wan, swings the pendulum too far. One day Nick is a mild-mannered nerd who spends his days making (and loving) risk assessments for his company; the next, he's Travis Bickle from 1976's "Taxi Driver."
    The film has one thing going for it--it's certainly never boring.
  3. Bears more than a slight connection to the landmark of the genre, 1974's "Death Wish," starring Charles Bronson. It is based on novelist Brian Garfield's sequel to his original book, though any resemblance is tenuous at best.