7.3

1. SFN
    Mar 11, 2011
    ok for one who ever says this movie is terrible needs a brain scan, because this movei is amazing, the whole plot of the movie is really good and i will admit it is kindof strange how it goes back and fourth but thats what makes it unique and awsome, and the action scenes were really good and i thought they were gonna suck, the movie has emotion, action, and it is trully one of the bestok for one who ever says this movie is terrible needs a brain scan, because this movei is amazing, the whole plot of the movie is really good and i will admit it is kindof strange how it goes back and fourth but thats what makes it unique and awsome, and the action scenes were really good and i thought they were gonna suck, the movie has emotion, action, and it is trully one of the best movies i have ever seen in my life time Expand
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    A great movie with an entertaining performence by Kevin Bacon and Garret Hedlund as well as some excellent staged action and is probably one of the better revenge movies around
  3. TylerJ>
    Jan 8, 2008
    Great movie, a lot of action. Both Kevin Bacon and John Goodman , like usual, just amazing.
  4. JunoY.
    Jan 19, 2008
    Never mind the nay sayers. Watch it. Experience the anti hero moments. It's more than good vs evil. It's epitome of human needs, survival and choices.
  5. ChaseC.
    Jul 29, 2009
    This is one of my favorite movies, I guess I just have bad taste, because almost all of my favorite movies are rated at the worst with metacritic. This movie is one of the most badass movies i have ever seen, Another nice thing about this movie is there isn't the bad techno music while they are having a fire fight. This movie is a must watch.
  6. RobertoF.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Extraordinary! Why should films be realistic? They're needed to escape away from life and its terrors.
  7. JamieBernard
    Oct 10, 2007
    OK, to start off, I must say first that reveiwer "Kelley M" must of been on crack while storming out of this movie. It was seriously one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, and I really don't have a clue why so many people thought this movie was bad. People seriously don't get out much. I guess now a days its all about the remake movies which get more lame.
  8. DanW.
    Mar 31, 2008
    First of all in response to Kevin, I don't know how you define "acting like a normal human being", but John Goodman's character was definitely the LEAST like it. Think about it: not only did he allow the man trying to kill his son leave, but he sold him the guns to do it!! And as for the cop showing no sympathy, Bacon's character is wanted for murder, not to mention the First of all in response to Kevin, I don't know how you define "acting like a normal human being", but John Goodman's character was definitely the LEAST like it. Think about it: not only did he allow the man trying to kill his son leave, but he sold him the guns to do it!! And as for the cop showing no sympathy, Bacon's character is wanted for murder, not to mention the fact that cops probably see tearjerker stories like that more often than not. This was an incredible film that went way beyond the revenge-killing cliche by showing much deeper insight into the emotional rollercoaster that Bacon's character had to go through. As for Roy P., how can you say he uses the same look in every scene? Up until Bacon escapes from hospital, he flexes his acting range from shock to fear to determination to anguish to anger, finally ending up with the look of someone who has lost the fear of death and knows he has one purpose left. Put yourself in the character's position. How in God's name would you know what you would do in those situations, what you would be capable of. I guess this is just one of those movies like History of Violence or Eastern Promises where you either love it or you hate it. Expand

1. Death Sentence, directed by "Saw" co-creator James Wan, swings the pendulum too far. One day Nick is a mild-mannered nerd who spends his days making (and loving) risk assessments for his company; the next, he's Travis Bickle from 1976's "Taxi Driver."
    The film has one thing going for it--it's certainly never boring.
  3. Bears more than a slight connection to the landmark of the genre, 1974's "Death Wish," starring Charles Bronson. It is based on novelist Brian Garfield's sequel to his original book, though any resemblance is tenuous at best.