3.5

1. Feb 4, 2014
    First thing is that this is a Film saying something about feelings of a woman, longing for Love and not merely a TV Documentry or a Biopic with real life clippings..so its best not to expect that !!This Famous saying by poet Rumi...”Somewhere between right
    and wrong there is a garden…I will meet you there”. That’s the garden of love,
    where Diana wanted to go to. The film says a lot about
    the private life of
    Diana, which I guess has been researched on some hard facts. Young Lioness..One
    of the most beautiful women of all times…had the whole world in her palm yet
    she yearned for The one thing, that is a
    gift of only the fortunate- LOVE…She was denied that from her rebound affair
    with (one in a million) heart Surgeon- Dr.Khan, who realistically and logically,
    choose his career and family over her…only
    because she was a princess. But sadly Dr.Khan did not know that love is not to be
    analysed from the head …But FELT from the heart, which was what Diana felt…always
    from her Heart !! What I gather from the
    Film is that…Despite what was expected from the world’s most important woman at
    that time, from the Society, Royalty, Paparazzi
    and the World at large… she tried her best to Just come out of those clutches
    of Royalty to which she had wed into… Yet it seems like No one wanted to see
    her in any different image other than Princess Diana…Queen of England ! I feel there is that one dialogue from the
    movie- Notting hill by Julia Roberts, which best fits at the END…where Diana
    probably might want to have said to the world that…After all... I'm just a
    girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her!! …R.I.P. Diana.
  2. Apr 5, 2014
    My expectations were low. Many reviews were unflattering and I never cared for for the fetish of British royalty. However this film turned out to be a moving love story made by a wonderful director and staring one of the best actresses in recent years..

1. Reviewed by: Louis Black
    Nov 20, 2013
    Ultimately, it is as though this is a Disney film – The Princess and the Doctor – not a real life biopic.
  2. Reviewed by: Eric Henderson
    Nov 8, 2013
    Are the micro-biopics that don't even bother to provide overviews of their famed subjects' entire lives, but instead lean on the spectacle of celebrity impersonation, the new camp?
  3. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Nov 8, 2013
    The story of her life is pretty well-known. But in Diana, it’s not particularly well told.