Digimon: Digital Monsters

6.8

1. Oct 13, 2012
    Digimon was my childhood, I got this movie when I was very young and it was one of my instant favourites. The story is split into two segments, the first revolves around Tai, Izzy and the original Digidentined. After a computer virus begins to wipe data from the internet and show signs of 'evolution' they soon realise that its not a virus but a Digimon itself, with only Tai and IzzyDigimon was my childhood, I got this movie when I was very young and it was one of my instant favourites. The story is split into two segments, the first revolves around Tai, Izzy and the original Digidentined. After a computer virus begins to wipe data from the internet and show signs of 'evolution' they soon realise that its not a virus but a Digimon itself, with only Tai and Izzy directly at hand with TK and Matt being the only other support from the other side of the country it becomes a race against time to save the internet and Digimon everywhere. The second half tells the story of Davis and the 2nd generation of Digidestined, after a trip to America the Digidestined find Willis on the run from a mysterious figure, after running into him again later they soon find out that he is running from his past and from a Digimon named Cocomon. Cocomon was infected with the virus that Tai and the others fought on the internet all them years ago, so they decide to try and destroy the virus once and for all.
    The film is of course a KIDS film, adults, unless having grown up with the series, will not find interest in it. But if you do happen to want to have a look, it is a great well told story featuring all your favourite old school Digimon characters and even fills in some of the questions that the TV series never answered.
  2. Jul 27, 2016
    Digital monsters in metascore I would rate a 69. There are tons of flaws but there are tons of good things to offer but this seems like a pokemon ripoff.
  3. Apr 8, 2016
    This movie sucks. While the presentation is pretty good; everything, in this movie falls apart on story, characters, and the dubbing of this movie. The movie is divided into 3 parts each with there own story that barely connects to each other. Each part was it's own short movie in japan, but when Saban brought it over here they took all 3 short movies and make them into one movie, and haveThis movie sucks. While the presentation is pretty good; everything, in this movie falls apart on story, characters, and the dubbing of this movie. The movie is divided into 3 parts each with there own story that barely connects to each other. Each part was it's own short movie in japan, but when Saban brought it over here they took all 3 short movies and make them into one movie, and have them again had the stories barely connect with each other. there were also a lot of scene either shorted or cut in the 3rd story. As a result the dubbing in this movie is a mess. The animation and visual is actually pretty good, and much better then the show. Even the voice acting and music in this dub is much better then the show. overall a very bad movie that only Digimon fans will like. Expand
  4. KonradR.
    May 9, 2002
    The most unoriginal title should be enough to turn you off this mess.
  5. SakuraV.
    Jul 6, 2004
    It really did suck! Pokemon was like 1en times better. The plot was dinky and the dub was terrible.
    Jul 6, 2004
    No comment it sucked.
  7. TaiY.
    Apr 14, 2001
    This movie is great; people think its for little kids but they are wrong. It has alot of violence and its for kids 11 and over, any younger and patents should watch the movie with them. But to watch it you should be eleven because I know people and they are 18 and they like it.
  8. SillyMofo
    Mar 27, 2002
    I have one question: why??
  9. Angle
    Jun 29, 2002
    I love very cool! If you watch the series it helps to understand.
  10. NeoS.
    Oct 7, 2003
    If you arent into the genre then you arent going to like it (duh!) But I happen to be and i enjoyed the movie. The hell with what the rest of you people say.
  11. EddyF.
    Feb 21, 2006
    Oustanding. But you will only understand it if you watch digimon. I can certainly see why the mivie would be terrible if you hadn't seen digmon before; it merges the first season of episodes to the second.
  12. TK
    Feb 2, 2010
    The movie is pretty lame; but I'm voting for the series really. It's amazing. Can't choose between it and Pokémon. The critics that voted are idiots. Bet they top rate all that pixar nonsense as well. Lame a**s American animation films should go die.
  13. KirstenS.
    Apr 29, 2001
    I really loved the movie. I thought it was funny and action-packed all at the same time. I'm a major digimon fan, and i think your never to old to like cartoons. Old people can get lost in childeren's worlds.
  14. JenH.
    Jun 6, 2001
    I would give it an 11, all of your "important people" don't count!! You say it's brainless and sickly animated and the voicework is terrible and even that only a six year old could understand... well I've got news for you, the story line is very choppy because the American editors chopped it up into little 40 minute pieces... but that's not the problem, the problem is I would give it an 11, all of your "important people" don't count!! You say it's brainless and sickly animated and the voicework is terrible and even that only a six year old could understand... well I've got news for you, the story line is very choppy because the American editors chopped it up into little 40 minute pieces... but that's not the problem, the problem is that you don't understand because you only review movies, you, most likely, do not follow the television PROGRAM (yes it IS on TV) and therefore you don't understand the character structure... the voice work is VERY good and the jokes are hilariously funny, the "mindless violence" is for the older children (hence it's PG rating probably of which you rated it!!) I enjoy watching Digimon, and although I am (and personally know people who are) a tad too 'old' to be watching a childrens show, i'm going to have to disagree, it's what is in your heart, I know Mothers who like this show because unlike your "Pokemon Wonder" Digimon has a story line and it doesn't revolve stricktly on repetitiveness (unlike Pokemon) Digimon WAS created before Pokemon so maybe next time, before you poorly rate great movies, you should check a little on the background. Thanx. Expand
  15. MikeF.
    Jul 19, 2001
    I have to disagree with everyone that gave this a low mark. This movie has everything for a great movie such as action, comedy and drama. I loved this movie and so did my best friend Jones we both had a great time watching this. Although I don't think the producers put that much work into it. "Pokemon the Movie" looks like there was lots of time put in it, but for Digmon there was I have to disagree with everyone that gave this a low mark. This movie has everything for a great movie such as action, comedy and drama. I loved this movie and so did my best friend Jones we both had a great time watching this. Although I don't think the producers put that much work into it. "Pokemon the Movie" looks like there was lots of time put in it, but for Digmon there was not. But I don't care. I love Digmon although I'm 12 turning 13 in October, but when I get down to it this movie rocks... my friends Jones and Bennie both loved it. We really like when Augimon turns into Greymon cause that is cool. I don't really have that many friends, but watching this movie makes me feel like I do. So I say watch this movie. By the way, I also think Dark Greymon is the strongest and could take everyone on except for Mew from Pokemon cause Mew is too strong. Expand
  16. MikeF.
    Jul 19, 2001
  17. ZachE.
    Dec 30, 2002
    It really gave me a different view on life. Now I am not a slob, but part of a great group of sevenn kids. I have also seen every episode that has been made, including the Japenese series 4. Thanks!
  18. TommyL.
    Aug 2, 2002
    ZZZZZZZ
  19. JoeG.
    Aug 4, 2002
    I remember seeing a great animated movie about humans, monsters, and animated violent weirdness. Final Fantasy was a great movie compared to this waste of human non-talent.
  20. MeK.
    Mar 29, 2003
    This movie WOULD have been great if they hadn't revised four movies into one 1:30 minute movie....
  21. RyanB.
    Mar 9, 2004
    If you know the source material this film is from; and you know how it was assembled for the american audience (this film was actually 4 shorter films "cleverly" edited together) and treat it as such, it's passable entertainment. Some story aspects could be better, and the whole thing does come off as slightly confusing, the animation style is fresh and breathes a different sort of If you know the source material this film is from; and you know how it was assembled for the american audience (this film was actually 4 shorter films "cleverly" edited together) and treat it as such, it's passable entertainment. Some story aspects could be better, and the whole thing does come off as slightly confusing, the animation style is fresh and breathes a different sort of life into the Digimon universe. Still, unless you're a hardcore fan, this deserves only a rental. Expand
  22. RyanT.
    Jan 15, 2005
    As per before, only fans of the series can get it. The original Japanese movies actually befitted the series well - but, this is a case where blending the first three movies together proved unsuccesful. Had each movie been released individually as a TV special or such, it might have been better recieved.
  23. Sam
    Jul 13, 2005
    Awful film. I want to die. it sucks badly. Lame characters were the only thing that were holding back Pokemon movies (except for Brock) from being great, there's a lot more holding this one back. Lame characters, lame visuals, lame plot, and lame "action". Die.
  24. matthewB.
    Jul 17, 2005
    It's amazing! I have never seen a digimon movie so incredible as that.
  25. catherinea.
    Jul 5, 2005
    It was Awsome!!!! I'll give it a 1000.
  26. EmanuelD.
    May 20, 2006
    I think "digimon the movie" is one of the bests movies i have never saw, because there are cool digimons like: diaboromon and rapidmon (gold version) but the other digimon are cool too. Congratulations to japanish people, they know do very well the animes. Bye bye.
  27. JoshW.
    Mar 3, 2009
    How can this movie be rated by ADULTS? this is a kids movie and it should be rated by kids. When I was a kid, I loved this movie to death. and the nostalgia keeps me loving it. Seriously, if adults are rating kids movies, then what's the point?
  28. LoganS
    May 23, 2009
    Yeah, the first and last third of the movie were not very good, but the part on the internet was so epic and awesome, that even now, at 17, I still get goosebumps whenever I see it.
  29. Mulroneycakes
    Nov 29, 2002
    3 points for satisfying its target audience (ie shutting the kids up for five minutes). 2 points for featuring the indescribably ace "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies. Altogether now: "It's been...."
  30. MohdSyafiqI.
    Sep 26, 2003
    So good.The best of the best ind the world.That is not Digimon The MovieII...ha, cam'na?
  31. TylerG.
    Mar 15, 2006
    This movie is the best movie i never seen for kids movie and it look so cool i wish i was in it so i could be in the action.
  32. RichardD.
    Nov 19, 2002
    Hey if you havent seen the series dont bother to see this movie either, however i've seen the series and this movie adds alot of answers to things in the series. And skip the "Digimon is a childrens anime" hey so is Sailor Moon to and poke mon and they are really popular!
  33. DWP102589
    Nov 19, 2004
    This film is NOT a "spinoff" of Pokemon. Digimon in fact came first and their nothing alike. Just understand that you need to be a fan of the series to get it. But still, I'll admit it sort off deserved some bad reviews because it was 4 perfect Japan films cropped badly together and cut by greedy, impulse film wreckers.
  34. Apr 14, 2012
    This is quite possibly the greatest movie ever made.

1. Shoddy, brainless, pre-sold kids' entertainment.
  2. Reviewed by: John Hartl
    The audience for Digimon is small children.
  3. Comes off as noisy and ill conceived, long on morphing monsters, short on storytelling talent and uneven in its efforts at animation.