8.0

1. May 7, 2013
    This movie was brilliant. The concept was imaginative and thoughtful and the acting wonderful. I've rarely cared about characters so much. It's the best movie I've seen this year.
  2. Jun 17, 2014
    Anybody remember the 2010 movie 'Trust'? Well, this is another version consisting of many different and connected stories. Very nicely written script about cyber crimes. This kind of movie is much needed in the present world because the nuisance growing rapidly everywhere. You would get many similar movies to this like 'Identity Thief' etc., but not serious as the reality. So this movie is one of the kind that the modern world had seen with the concept of existing online culture.

How the common people are affected by the identity theft, cyber bully and illegal activity is what the movie revolves. A teenage loner was tormented because of misused online friendship that put his life on a stake. A hard working couple fall in a deep sorrow state after their savings were snatched by a hacker. A local tv journalist gives a career best news report, but that severely hurts her source. All these incidents are interconnected in some way, but how is the remaining.

The story also states the father's and husband's failed responsibility in their respective families. An orphan who has to take an alternative route to survive the odds, which is against the law. Very few scenes were intense, instead call it an intense I would say the reality of lifestyle. All these tales were packed with sufficient quantity of melodramas. You would enjoy whole movie, but the ending scene will put you on your seat's edge. Purely the 21st century's movie and a must see by who familiar with the world of internet.
  3. Aug 17, 2013
    With great performances and a story that not only works as a lesson about the technological world we live in, but also works as a riveting piece of film making. This is one of my favorite films of the year so far. A
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    I looooved this. Great cast. I liked the overlap of the different story lines. A friend told me about it. I knew nothing about it and was pleasantly surprised.
  5. Jul 9, 2014
    I just saw Disconnect on HBO, and I'm very surprised that so many critics missed the boat on this film, which is so compelling. The plot sucks you in right from the start, and the actors give excellent performances, making you really care about these characters. The message is there about the negative impact of the Internet, computers, and cell phones on all our lives, but it is blended into the suspense in the narrative, which reflects so much of what modern life is like, how technology can disconnect from each other.

Watch this. It's really good.
  6. Oct 26, 2014
    A gripping, heavy, thought-provoking, story, told in a believable fashion. Script, acting and score was top notch. Gives parents food for thought in this connected age.
  7. Nov 17, 2013
    I really liked this movie! it was really interesting I liked the stories and how they were putted together the acting was great especially bateman I recommend it to all.
  8. Oct 12, 2013
    This movie is brilliant. Directed in a style similar to Crash, Disconnect tells the stories of numerous people trying to cope with the consequences of life on the web. A compelling plot that represents a generation.
  9. Sep 14, 2013
    This Movie really makes you think about all the things that happens to people everyday, and how all kinds of problems can appear by just doing click on something... A Thriller!
  10. Sep 23, 2013
    good movies the story is very intense kinda remind me of babel
    good acting from the casts and nice musics
    i wish there are more movies like this.......
  11. Oct 14, 2013
    Surprise Surprise! Never thought a film about human connections emerging as a result of mistakes committed online could be of such high standards. its heart warming, provocative, unbiased and emotional. It works so well specially because it doesn't get side tracked, even though the premise allows for such deviations. The writing is taut and it is aptly supported by some brilliant background score and camerawork Expand
  12. Mar 23, 2014
    Disconnect tell 3 stories of people trying to cope with life all of which turn to the internet. Really interesting and new concept the three stories are all very different from each other all reaching to different problems from cyber bullying to internet fraud, definately worth watching
  13. Aug 20, 2014
    An authentic and important movie with stories that kinda interconnect about how technology can affect our lives in directions that we did not see coming.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 10, 2013
    The film's message -- about how the Internet is sabotaging our real-life relationships -- doesn't resonate with absolute clarity, but Disconnect does a much more effective job than anyone could hope to do in 140 characters or less.
  2. Reviewed by: Leah Churner
    Apr 25, 2013
    And come on, guys: There’s nothing cinematic about Googling.
  3. Reviewed by: Ann Hornaday
    Apr 18, 2013
    If this strikes you as vaguely familiar, you’re right: Disconnect is a computer “Crash.”