Disturbia

8.0

1. GaborA.
    Mar 30, 2008
    Tries the trick of having a slow buildup to try to fool some critics into thinking this movie has characters. But in the end instead of going from stupid to more stupid like its genre neighbors it simply goes from boring to stupid.
  2. PeterW.
    Mar 3, 2008
    A predictable mash-up of Rear Windows and Silence of the Lambs.
  3. brotherT
    Jan 19, 2008
    Absolutely diabolical. I saw it for free and I still think I was ripped-off.
  4. GeoffW.
    Sep 29, 2007
    Loose, weak film relying on poor shock value alone.
  5. Victor
    Sep 10, 2007
    Possibly the worst movie I have seen this year, when you consider the studio and the resources. A total hack job - I don't know how it got decent reviews - it was god awful - please stay away.
  6. ArmondA.
    Sep 7, 2007
    I feel a little guilty giving this film such a low rating when the real failure took place in my brain. What possessed me to pick the dvd off the store shelf? The title ?? The box ??? ... Knowing that I don't enjoy certain types of films, such as "chop-socky", teen-slasher, and anything with Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey, I just don't watch them, and then I don't inflict my I feel a little guilty giving this film such a low rating when the real failure took place in my brain. What possessed me to pick the dvd off the store shelf? The title ?? The box ??? ... Knowing that I don't enjoy certain types of films, such as "chop-socky", teen-slasher, and anything with Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey, I just don't watch them, and then I don't inflict my predictably low opinion of any given example of such "stuff". Let me just say that having missed the clues that should have warned me away from a rather typical teen-slasher-T-and-A-exercise, I did learn that not much has changed in this type of Hollywood product over 50 years, in the social attitudes depicted-- When this teen-hero reaches voting age he'll be reaching for the trusty old Republican lever. It's the picture of bland, mentally dead youngsters as PROTAGONISTS that entitles the movie to be called DISTURBIA. Expand
  7. JOJO
    Aug 25, 2007
    A predictable , painful and unimaginative ripoff of Hitchcock. If you have never seen a Hitchcock movie, then you may find it exciting and suspenseful.
  8. Keith
    Aug 17, 2007
    a majority of the film was exactly what i expected it to be: a sequence of the most predictable cliches in modern horror cinema. the ending, however, even exceeded my expectations by succeeding in becoming the most shamelessly far-fetched and messy hodge podge i can ever remember seeing in a movie. Disturbia is garbage. it gets one point for visual appeal and the faintest glimmer of a majority of the film was exactly what i expected it to be: a sequence of the most predictable cliches in modern horror cinema. the ending, however, even exceeded my expectations by succeeding in becoming the most shamelessly far-fetched and messy hodge podge i can ever remember seeing in a movie. Disturbia is garbage. it gets one point for visual appeal and the faintest glimmer of promise very early on in the story that it later crushes to bits. Expand
  9. RogerD.
    Apr 19, 2007
    This is a TEEN MOVIE being sold as a Hitchock style thriller. The leads are teens, they do a lot of thinking about the opposite sex, and they joke around like teens! The story itself is rather perposterous and is driven by events that are very unbelievable. Be warned: this is a TEEN MOVIE---stay away if you are over 19 years!
  10. ShawnL.
    Apr 15, 2007
    The name of the movie is the best thing about it. But, there was nothing disturbing about this movie. Pretty boring, nothing happened. Fell asleep. The characters were cool, but was expecting a suspense thriller, not, an afternoon TV special.
  11. ChadD.
    Apr 15, 2007
    It's your average teenage flick. Nothing original. The story is credited to Christopher Landon? Why? What did he do? Came up with the story... um... a guy stuck in his house sees a crime... but instead of being in a wheel chair, he'll be under house arrest. And instead of being a man, he'll be a teen so all the teens will go see it!" hahaha. YIKES! The movie was ok...the It's your average teenage flick. Nothing original. The story is credited to Christopher Landon? Why? What did he do? Came up with the story... um... a guy stuck in his house sees a crime... but instead of being in a wheel chair, he'll be under house arrest. And instead of being a man, he'll be a teen so all the teens will go see it!" hahaha. YIKES! The movie was ok...the actor made it. The story has many loop holes. Go see FINAL DESTINATION 1,2, 3, 14.... they're better. T Expand
  12. JustinB.
    Apr 12, 2007
    I can't believe this movie has gotten good reviews. It was terrible. The acting was laughable (not in a good way), the story could have been coughed up by a four-year-old, and there were only 10 minutes of actual excitement. Sarah Roemer was attractive, Shia LaBeouf was goofy, and David Morse was a good actor and creepy as hell. There's not much more to say.

1. Reviewed by: John Maynard
    LaBeouf is appealing as the frustrated shut-in, and comic-relief cred goes to Aaron Yoo, who plays his neurotic buddy Ronnie. The ending, though, drags, and the film quickly shifts from a clever homage to "Rear Window" to a bad parody of "The Silence of the Lambs."
  2. The bloody wrap-up isn't handled especially well, and I must confess that the most shocking thing about the movie was the casting of Carrie-Anne Moss as a suburban mom. I kept expecting her "Matrix" skills to show up in the final reel.
    There are no big surprises, but the jumps and jolts are well timed and the overall mood is at once grisly and good-natured -- more diverting than disturbing.