8.5

1. Dec 13, 2014
    Articulate, awesome and Tarantino at his best. The brilliant acting of interesting characters always sets a film on the right course. Thankfully this is in play here as the cast on offer is one that will cause you to nod with appreciation. But it's the story that grasped me the most. Django's brutal past causes us to root for him very early on. This helps draw us in as soon as possible andArticulate, awesome and Tarantino at his best. The brilliant acting of interesting characters always sets a film on the right course. Thankfully this is in play here as the cast on offer is one that will cause you to nod with appreciation. But it's the story that grasped me the most. Django's brutal past causes us to root for him very early on. This helps draw us in as soon as possible and we further our aspirations for the film immediately. Tarantino has also been able to successfully balance story importance with pulse raising action scenes. As a result we feel a sense of realism surrounding Django's journey. His companion Dr King Schultz is portrayed immaculately by Christoph Waltz who brings an air of class to the film as he always does. The setting on offer is also one of beauty and is perfect for an adventure film. You will be compelled and touched by an original story that may even cause you to dig into Tarantino's other works. Expand
  2. Dec 7, 2014
    Apoteósica, excelente, divertida y bestial como siempre es Tarantino. Hacía tiempo que no disfrutaba tanto viendo una película. El guión es bueno, pero las conversaciones en especial son un 10. El papel de Django (Jamie Foxx) y sobre todo de Christoph Waltz (el mejor de la película a mi entender, de hecho creo que se llevó un Oscar por este papel) es para quitarse el sombrero. TambiénApoteósica, excelente, divertida y bestial como siempre es Tarantino. Hacía tiempo que no disfrutaba tanto viendo una película. El guión es bueno, pero las conversaciones en especial son un 10. El papel de Django (Jamie Foxx) y sobre todo de Christoph Waltz (el mejor de la película a mi entender, de hecho creo que se llevó un Oscar por este papel) es para quitarse el sombrero. También DiCaprio hace un papelón. Si te gusta el cine no te la puedes perder. Expand
  3. Nov 21, 2014
    Definitely a great film. In the middle it got kind of boring but it was so well acted and written that it wasn't bad. Not a big fan of Jamie Foxx but I really enjoyed his performance in this movie. Highly recommend it.
  4. Nov 10, 2014
    Despite its excessiveness of everything, Django Unchained ulleashes a bold, brutal and important movie for the general public to be aware of and does so under the consise direction of Quentin Tarantino.
  5. Oct 21, 2014
    Django is a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz. Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. The unorthodox Schultz acquires Django with a promise to free him upon the capture of the Brittles – dead or alive.
  6. Sep 1, 2014
    Another epic masterpiece from Quentin Tarantino. Once again, the perfect mix of bold and funny that we've come to know and love; and he does so with great help from Waltz, DiCaprio and Foxx.
  7. Jul 28, 2014
    Filmin müzikleri ve sahneleri çok başarılı, başta Christopher Waltz ve Leonardo di Caprio olmak üzere oyunculuklar ve karakterler olağanüstü, Tarantino'yu zaten biliyoruz her zamanki gibi.Sonuçta uzun ama zamanın ötesinde gerçekten çok iyi bir film çıkıyor karşımıza.
  8. Jul 25, 2014
    If Mel Brooks had directed it might have worked, because this can only be approached as a work of satire. But it's not funny, it's not sad, it's a dud on every level, a milk dud has more flavor.

Tarantino cannot write romance, what a shock, right. But a romance is the center of the story and ( Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington) were both a total miscast. Will Smith would have elevated the love story playing opposite say perhaps Keke Palmer who owns an edge and inherent sadness in her eyes at times but shares the attractive personality of Will Smith, whereas Foxx and Washington were both dull and artificially stoic.

What's more Tarantino did not even come close to depicting the misery of enslavement, which was key in lending any emotional involvement for the audience.

A lazy outing at the typewriter for Tarantino....if you wanna write slavery, shackle yourself to the desk next time because you clearly do not know what it means and failed even to imagine it.

Christoph Waltz and Leonardo Di Caprio both shined per usual and the death of their characters were felt but as for the rest of the cast you can throw them all to the dogs...

Tarantino has proven twice now he can't write historical.
  9. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Django Unchained was absolutely amazing! Although it was a nearly three hour movie, there was never a dull moment, which made it feel much less shorter.
  10. Jul 14, 2014
    Historically, it’s clearly off. But you see the plight of slaves in that era and can’t not say this movie is one of the boldest that’s ever been done. It’s phenomenal, and while it is 165 minutes long, those minutes will fly by. It’s raw, crazy, and just one damn good time.
  11. Jul 10, 2014
    Sensacional. Tarantino crea un western a su medida. Mirándola bien, creo que no le falta ni le sobra nada. Los actores están grandiosos (sobretodo DiCaprio y Waltz) y la última hora de película es una pasada. Sean fans o no de Tarantino y/o el western, véanla. De lo mejor del 2012.
  12. May 31, 2014
    Wow is all I could just say about this movie after watching it I've never seen a western like this if you are used to Clint Eastwood westerns they will not prepare you for this although this movie is not based on an actual story I feel without a doubt that the actions that took place in this film were not irregular practices which makes this movie have an early feel to it this movie wasWow is all I could just say about this movie after watching it I've never seen a western like this if you are used to Clint Eastwood westerns they will not prepare you for this although this movie is not based on an actual story I feel without a doubt that the actions that took place in this film were not irregular practices which makes this movie have an early feel to it this movie was gritty and bloody although I'm fine with and action packed scene or shootout there's parts of this movie that made me cringe and almost brought tears to my eyes something not many movies do and all the actors performances in this movie were amazing especially the villain never have I seen such a despicable character in a movie and it was executed perfectly by Leonardo DiCaprio. Expand
  13. May 15, 2014
    Brilliant movie, when I first heard about this movie I had my doubts about it but when I heard that Tarantino was directing it I knew it would work out... And it did this movie was great, There's some great actors in this and they all deliver great performances. The plot is good, even the jokes that they put on thought out this thing fit in well WORTH WATCHING. 8.5/10
  14. May 4, 2014
    I don't care if you complain about the violence but Django Unchained is one of Tarantino's best. Great Characters and the usual astonishing and creative dialogue from Tarantino's head. Great performances bu the great Christoph Waltz, Jamie Foxx and a very different role for DiCaprio, DiCaprio shows that he can be a very smart actor as a villain. Django is obviously is in my list of theI don't care if you complain about the violence but Django Unchained is one of Tarantino's best. Great Characters and the usual astonishing and creative dialogue from Tarantino's head. Great performances bu the great Christoph Waltz, Jamie Foxx and a very different role for DiCaprio, DiCaprio shows that he can be a very smart actor as a villain. Django is obviously is in my list of the best films of 2012 Expand
  15. Apr 14, 2014
    Django Unchained serves as legendary director-writer Quentin Tarantino’s latest installment of cinematic gold. Chalk-full of the witty dialogue and gruesome violence that Tarantino fans have come to love and embrace, This film stacks the deck with notable actors and actresses that are strewn throughout, which only strengthens this movie’s potential and amusement. This film is shot in sortDjango Unchained serves as legendary director-writer Quentin Tarantino’s latest installment of cinematic gold. Chalk-full of the witty dialogue and gruesome violence that Tarantino fans have come to love and embrace, This film stacks the deck with notable actors and actresses that are strewn throughout, which only strengthens this movie’s potential and amusement. This film is shot in sort of a sloppy way, with no sense of direction or focus. I can only assume this was done intentionally to increase the sense of overall griminess of the story. While it’s not flawlessly executed (most likely due to Tarantino knack of do things on his own terms) this movie is both thoroughly enjoyable and definitely worth 3 hours of your time. Expand
  16. Apr 11, 2014
    This is a fantastic film. Django Unchained is easily the best film I viewed in 2013. I understand that the film was released in 2012, but I did not see it until 2013. Regardless, this film basically had it all. It did not take it self overly serious, but kept the plot going whenever really possible. There were a few scenes that seemed to drag on a little, as that is a common technique ofThis is a fantastic film. Django Unchained is easily the best film I viewed in 2013. I understand that the film was released in 2012, but I did not see it until 2013. Regardless, this film basically had it all. It did not take it self overly serious, but kept the plot going whenever really possible. There were a few scenes that seemed to drag on a little, as that is a common technique of Tarantino, but most lasted an appropriate amount of time. This film managed to pull all of the right emotional strings. It was straightforward and compelling. Expand
  17. Mar 30, 2014
    Honestly, by far one of the best films by Tarantino. The story is great, the acting is superb... Basically everything is great! One thing that I like about Quentin's movies is the violence, and this film has tons of it! The film completely changed me and I will never forget it!
  18. Mar 22, 2014
    Tarantino hits another home run. This ones out of the city not just the park. What a interesting movie. The characters are amazing. Waltz is the good guy this time and he is wonderful. Fox is wonderful. I really enjoyed this movie. Must see. If you like QT movies you will love it. If you don't like QT movies....what can I say.
  19. Mar 4, 2014
    Tarantino hits home again. I've never really been a fan of Westerns but this is a definite exception. It's definitely too long and I can think of several ways of shortening it, but that gripe is overshadowed by the brutal, dark yet charming storyline. Waltz is also superb as are all of the main characters and overall, definitely a film well deserving of its praise.
  20. Feb 22, 2014
    Django unchained is a violent brutal tale of revenge. Thought this production the acting is consistently engaging and all performers display their characters personalities and the actual raw film making on show here is quite impressive. the story is exiting and entertaining at the same time as exploring deeper themes such as slavery. This film is worth a watch . as long as you don't mindDjango unchained is a violent brutal tale of revenge. Thought this production the acting is consistently engaging and all performers display their characters personalities and the actual raw film making on show here is quite impressive. the story is exiting and entertaining at the same time as exploring deeper themes such as slavery. This film is worth a watch . as long as you don't mind excessive violence. Expand
  21. Feb 10, 2014
    I enjoyed it, immensely in fact, something about Quentin Tarantino's movies that convey so much character and texture, and thus one delivers in spades on both of those accounts, yes there is gratuitous use of the dreaded n-word, but you can't possibly hate the movie because it didn't sweep our history under the rug. One of the most entertaining movies of all time in my opinion.
  22. Feb 9, 2014
    Finally got around to seeing this and was not disappointed in the least. Tarantino once again gives this movie his incredibly unique style, and it somehow works. Great music, great ending and great acting, especially by Leonardo DiCaprio, he absolutely nailed that character. This isn't a perfect movie, but its a damn good one that you need to watch.
  23. Feb 3, 2014
    完美的QT电影,几位配角都很抢眼特别是杰克逊和莱昂纳多,前者对于黑奴奴性的刻画到达疯狂的极致,后者饰演的奴隶主把自己的凶险演得特别好,晚餐对峙戏尤为精彩,配乐传统QT风,场景设计得很棒,剧情超级棒,各种转折和枪林弹雨,结尾大爱。
  24. Jan 25, 2014
    Yes, this is a long movie, but it is amazing all the way through. Quentin Tarantino makes some of the best films I have ever seen. This movie has just about everything you could ever want packed into one film. Witty humor, action, lots of excessive gore at some parts. This kind of film gives Tarantino a great reputation. His films are unlike anyone else's, which is why everyone should watch this.
  25. Jan 17, 2014
    Django Unchained is a 2012 American western film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. The film stars Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, and Samuel L. Jackson. The film was released on December 25, 2012 (Christmas Day), in North America.American western film filmed in Durango, Mexico
  26. Jan 16, 2014
    One of the best movies I've seen in a while. The effects, story and the characters made me watch it twice. Tarantino underlined very well how black people were treated like dogs which made me sad. Also excluding the sadness, there are many funny and awesome scenes. If you are reading this then watch the movie and thank me later..
  27. Jan 14, 2014
    Tarantino has done it again! Excellent performance by the cast especially Christoph Waltz who thoroughly deserved his Academy Award. Samuel L. Jackson was essential to bringing humour with his 'Uncle Ruckus' -like performance and the ending was the icing on the cake. Thumbs up!
  28. Jan 9, 2014
    I loved every minute of this movie. The dialogue is amazingly well written and hilarious, the characters are memorable, the acting is terrific (Leo) and it's just a blast to watch. One of the best movies of 2012 and one of Tarantino's finest.
  29. Dec 31, 2013
    Entra pra lista como um dos filme mais incríveis de Quentin Tarantino, graças a sua trama, trilha sonora e personagens e sem contar boas doses exageradas de sangue.
  30. Dec 29, 2013
    I was expecting this to be an overrated film riding on the Tarantino hype. But make no mistake, Django Unchained is a great movie in its own right and one of Tarantino's greatest works. It just about nails everything. The scenes are lengthy but very tense and with amazing direction as you would expect. The trademark "no holds barred" violence and intelligently crafted dialogue are present,I was expecting this to be an overrated film riding on the Tarantino hype. But make no mistake, Django Unchained is a great movie in its own right and one of Tarantino's greatest works. It just about nails everything. The scenes are lengthy but very tense and with amazing direction as you would expect. The trademark "no holds barred" violence and intelligently crafted dialogue are present, along with a great deal of comical moments. The story and direction as well as the characters all deserve praise of the highest order. Even if you're not a Tarantino fan, you should definitely give Django a try. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dan Jolin
    Jan 15, 2013
    Another strong, sparky and bloody entry in the QT canon. Although, creaking under its running time, it's not quite as uproariously entertaining as his last pseudo-historical adventure, "Inglourious Basterds."
  2. Reviewed by: Roger Ebert
    Jan 8, 2013
    What Tarantino has is an appreciation for gut-level exploitation film appeal, combined with an artist's desire to transform that gut element with something higher, better, more daring. His films challenge taboos in our society in the most direct possible way, and at the same time add an element of parody or satire.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Jan 3, 2013
    The film doesn't play it safe, so neither will I. Instead, I'll say that it finds Mr. Tarantino perched improbably but securely on the top of a production that's wildly extravagant, ferociously violent, ludicrously lurid and outrageously entertaining, yet also, remarkably, very much about the pernicious lunacy of racism and, yes, slavery's singular horrors.