Dog Days

Sep 22, 2003
    I love this movie.
  2. WassoZ.
    May 21, 2004
    It's sad but it's true how low a person can go. Deep in our selfs we are hidding an animal, which is waiting for the right time to reach the surface. There are hundrets of examples in real life.The director gave it to us very directly exaclty as it is. Well done it was a very good work.
  3. P
    Jul 19, 2004
    Great movie.
  4. ShimonP.
    Nov 24, 2003
    Starts very slow but grabs you and forces you to look at life (yes sh.t is an importent part of our life) and learn. Tank you mr. Seidel
  5. KostisT.
    Sep 16, 2003
    This movie is the worst thing to come out of austria since ww2. Bad acting, Bad story, atrocius scenes.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    Looks very much like a documentary: It's grainy and raw, and Seidl's actors -- a mix of actors and non-professionals -- are often unglamorously posed under what appears to be natural light.
    Dog Days adheres dogmatically to the school of sado-miserablism that Seidl's compatriots Michael Haneke and Jessica Hausner have turned into something of a national industry (non-Austrian adherents abound too, from Gaspar Noé to Harmony Korine).
  3. Some scenes of Ulrich Seidl's first fiction feature (he's already a respected documentary maker) are so brutal and degrading that they're hard to watch. Others are highly atmospheric and sometimes quite funny.