Doogal

3.1

1. Dude-O
    Mar 1, 2006
    Weird movie. Think 60's British kiddie show setting, with a French can't-be-normal bizarre story and American pop culture voices and dialogue. All 3 mix together to push a low brow story with little logic about a dog that isn't even really the main character trying to save the world from the smart alec talking evil blue wizard played by Jon Stewart (who is really the main Weird movie. Think 60's British kiddie show setting, with a French can't-be-normal bizarre story and American pop culture voices and dialogue. All 3 mix together to push a low brow story with little logic about a dog that isn't even really the main character trying to save the world from the smart alec talking evil blue wizard played by Jon Stewart (who is really the main character). If you like Stewart and Jimmy Fallon you can put up with this. The dog is annoying, the snail is pathetic, the cow is annoying, and the red wizard shows up for about 2 minutes, is defeated and not heard from again until the end. The humor is there for the adults and the toliet humor is there for the kids. The animation is very good and there are some exciting action scenes...but the rest drags and just seems to get made up as the movie goes along. I feel like I saw some kind of Beatles Yellow Submarine movie with LSD tendancies wrapped around a story that is like figernails on a chalkboard at times. You'll laugh at some, say WTF at times, go to sleep for a bit, and in the end think John Stewart was told to carry the movie since the other characters are so flat. Expand
  2. AngelR
    Nov 25, 2006
    Ouch! I was actually embarrassed for Ian McKellen, William H. Macy and Judi Dench for having their voices--and names--attached to this vastly generic disaster.
  3. JohnC.
    Mar 3, 2006
    This was one of the worst animated films I have ever seen. The jokes were not funny, the cultural references were lame and the voicing seemed lifeless. I gave it 1 star because the animation wasn't totally awful.
  4. Christie
    Feb 25, 2006
    This movie was horrible! I will never go see it again! I am not going to reconmend this movie to others because it was childish, boring, slow, and just plainly stupid. Go see something else that is more entertaining; maybe even a story about a dog bone.. That would be more interesting.
  5. RobertH.
    Jun 16, 2006
    I would not recommend. The humor is a rehash seen before far too many times in previous movies. There is not much of a plot; finding it boring for children at any age.
  6. Mar 17, 2012
    Here is another animated film that cannot keep the attention of anybody.
  7. TippiH.
    Apr 11, 2006
    Ian McKellan ? Jon Stewart? What were they thinking?
    Feb 25, 2006
    Yikes! That was so bad it could not keep my 2 year old's attention! The movie is filled with pointless toilet humor. Yikes. bad, very bad. It was so bad I am going to stop watching the daily show and every DVD I have with Whoopi Golberg is getting burned.
  9. AliciaS.
    Aug 3, 2006
    The worst animated movie I have ever seen. Don't see it, rent it or buy it.
  10. MarcN.
    Feb 25, 2006
    This was one of the worst children's films I have ever seen. Boring, plodding, bad animation, ridiculous dialogue, terrible pop culture references -- there was only two things remotely redeeming about this film. One was it's sub-90 minute running time. The second was Judy Dench's voiceover. It was so classy that I am convinced she did it before actually seeing the film. This was one of the worst children's films I have ever seen. Boring, plodding, bad animation, ridiculous dialogue, terrible pop culture references -- there was only two things remotely redeeming about this film. One was it's sub-90 minute running time. The second was Judy Dench's voiceover. It was so classy that I am convinced she did it before actually seeing the film. Other voiceover actors appeared to be on Prozac. Dreadful! Expand
  11. ChicoR.
    Aug 14, 2006
    Okay, a French animated film, poorly translated, lots of stars somehow cajoled into voicing it, absolutly horrid dialogue. WT heck is up with the Snail having a crush on the Cow? Is that supposed to be funny?
  12. Dec 19, 2011
    Badly animated, cliche humor, bad voice acting, and it has single point of ever making this film. Easily one of the worst films made. I give this movie 3%.
  13. Apr 6, 2014
    Bad voice acting. Animation not on par with more superior studios. Lots of pop culture references. Lots of fart jokes. Simple plot. Why dub it if Americans can understand the actual English version. Butch Hartman and the Weinstein brothers were definitely on crack

1. Reviewed by: Jason Anderson
    The slapdash dialogue and smug vocal talent -- even the presence of the much-loved host of "The Daily Show" is wearying -- detract from the visual appeal of the most energetic sequences (like a raucous train chase) and what's left of Danot's designs.
  2. Strictly for the small-fry set, lacking the visual style, wit or imagination necessary to entice adult viewers.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Doogal is one of those pickup-and-redub jobs, the original version having been made by European studio Pathé based on a 1960s British children’s show, "The Magic Roundabout." And lacking even the minimal pop-cultural pizzazz of "Hoodwinked," the story, dialogue and animation here really are for-kids-only.