8.0

1. BillJ.
    Oct 12, 2003
    I enjoyed this stylish, big fun comedy. It brought back memories of the old days of innocent movies where everything worked out in the end. It was refreshing not to have anyone get shot and nothing blown up! I love Renee Zellweger and she can also sing a pretty good tune.
  2. W.R.
    Oct 10, 2003
    I felt like watching a movie Rock Hudson/Doris Day movie. The actors are A++ performing each character. Good movie! I bought it!
  3. ValerieM.
    May 14, 2003
    Brilliantly funny! Very entertaining and done with great care to reproduce the style of the 60's films. David Hyde Pierce should get at least an Oscar nom for his performance if not win the award!
  4. JoeA.
    Oct 25, 2003
    Boring, boring, boring.
  5. DaveB.
    Oct 28, 2003
    "CRAP-TACULAR!!!"
  6. LarryC.
    May 14, 2003
    I was 12 years old in 1962, and this brought me back in the best way. Delightful, funny and a terrific supporting cast. David Hyde Pierce and Ewan McGregor brought this smart, witty script to life!
  7. AshleyH.
    May 17, 2003
    This movie was awesome. The costuming was so cute and it just leaves you feeling warm all over.
  8. DavidK.
    May 18, 2003
    Tiresome, lethargic (depsite all the day-glo colors and wacko costumes) and grows thin fast. Only energetic moment comes during credits when Zellweger and McGregor do a fabo musical duet. Hardly worth 9 bucks though.
  9. C.Castevens
    May 20, 2003
    It is the pefect spoof of the Rock/Doris movie-style. It made me feel good and I'm all for anything that does that! I think the actors did just right--this is not a serious movie--therefore, they played their parts the way they should, as characters. And, Ewan McGregor was fantastic-He was such charm.
  10. Joe
    May 23, 2003
    Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Pillow Talk and it's ilk. With that, this movie captured none of the spark and tensions of those movies. As much as I love Zellwegger, she's miscasted, and McGregor doesn't bring a lot to his role. It does get points for fashion, set design and title sequence.
  11. MelissaF.
    May 31, 2003
    This movie was hilariously funny and delightful, it was a cute romantic comedy that had you laughing till the end. But...... even though it was funny, all of it was based upon sex, sex, and more sex and for that I give it a 6.
  12. NatashaB.
    May 19, 2004
    Absolutley brilliant, Ewan is at his best and so is Renee!!! It's just what we needed!!
  13. caroline
    Sep 23, 2004
    I believe this film, is so boring. i really hate it, it is really awful. i dont need to be a critic view, to give this opinion, because it is a boring film, with a good cast, who would think it will be this kind of crap?, not me, so, i have just finished seen it, and i was so furious, i had to write something about this stupid comedy. thank you for wasting my time down with love.
  14. GeorgeM
    Sep 5, 2004
    Oh, so empty a flic... thank God for the costumes...
  15. AustinA.
    Apr 29, 2005
    An adorable farse that will make you dazzle for just a few hours.
  16. HellaB.
    Oct 11, 2003
    Good movie, I wish there was a 7.5, but I had to give it a 7. Dispite it's mixed reviews and box office failure, it was a nice film to start out the year, with two great performances from Renee Zellwegger and Ewan McGregor. The sets, costume, and music works very well for the film too.
  17. MichaelB.
    Oct 14, 2003
    Campy and confusing ... appealing actors, strong visual images, and too self-conscious dialogue Could be fun date movie.
  18. SamR.
    Dec 9, 2003
    A well made movie unintentionally made for people who love nostalgia, and are over 50 (like me). Countless cultural references and in-jokes about late 1950's early 1960's that will go over the heads of anyone younger.
  19. Christine1962
    May 16, 2003
    Critics who don't like this movie, just don't get the joke. Too bad for them.
  20. EmilyC.
    May 17, 2003
    Simply delightful! Renée did quite well as the feminist Barbara Novak and Ewan was just too good as the sexy Catcher Block. I must admit though, I probably wouldn't have gone to see the movie if Ewan McGregor wasn't in it. He's just pure eye candy!!
  21. BritneyH.
    May 17, 2003
    Okay why do the critics hate it? I find it hilarious, but a movie men would be turned away from, just because it doensn't have action and women stripping. Well sry, but it's great!
  22. Kayelyn
    May 17, 2003
    This was a perfect rendition of a Doris Day & Rock Hudson classic/comedy. I hope the two portray these actors in more upcoming films!
  23. MichelleP.
    May 18, 2003
    A cute, clever, funny film with no sex scenes (for once in a PG-13 film! yay!). I'm not really into romantic-comedies but this is exception. Hopefully they'll make more romantic-comedies like this one.

Unfortunately, during the inevitable "what every woman wants" breakdown, Zellweger can't muster Doris Day's detached fume.
    May register most immediately as a snappy whirl of visual gags, double entendres, overheated romance, and comically oversized living quarters, but beneath the exuberance of this fond counterfeit is a heartbeat as powerful as that of any film anchored in the present.
  3. A very smart, very shrewd movie, and the smartest, shrewdest thing about it is the way it masquerades as just a fluffy comedy, a diversion, a trifle.