Dr T and the Women

7.7

1. AprilV.
    Feb 25, 2001
    I only gave this movie a "1" rating because I did enjoy looking at handsome Richard Gere! Other than that, I wouldn't waste my money even on a rental. It was stupid movie with a ridiculous ending!
  2. JesseH.
    Feb 9, 2001
    I really enjoy quirky, unique movies...but this movie was a big disappointment. I kept waiting for the various plot points to be wrapped up, but was simply left hanging. I'm just glad I didn't waste my money when it was in theaters.
  3. RonC.
    Jun 9, 2002
    I don't understand how people call this a mysoginistic film. Robert Altman and the female who wrote the story create complex roles for women that normal Hollywood movies dont' try to. So they have problems, alot of women do, but none are either all good or all bad, as Gere says in the movie they are indivuals. This is something Hollywood normally forgets.
  4. FrankO.
    Feb 2, 2006
    Okay romantic comedy..too many characters, too many plots and subplots; really liked it until the end which I though was quite hokey..much better him just leaving in rain soaked cadillac going to nowhere
  5. DeniseB.
    Mar 2, 2001
    Too degrading to women to be enjoyed as a fantasy. Richard Gere can't act his way out of a paper bag. He moves around aloof, apart from those around him, never engaged--just the victim. The costuming was the only fun and enjoyable reason to see the movie. Mr. T's crazy office and life is a monster of his own creation, yet portrayed as the victim we are supposed to like and Too degrading to women to be enjoyed as a fantasy. Richard Gere can't act his way out of a paper bag. He moves around aloof, apart from those around him, never engaged--just the victim. The costuming was the only fun and enjoyable reason to see the movie. Mr. T's crazy office and life is a monster of his own creation, yet portrayed as the victim we are supposed to like and sympathize?? I don't think so. Expand
    Feb 24, 2001
    A total waste of time.
  7. Tom
    Feb 24, 2001
    Wish I could get paid for doing nothing.
    Jun 29, 2001
    I wish I could unsee this film!
  9. RyanM.
    Aug 31, 2001
    Okay, hate me if you want to, but truly the thing that's so amazing about this film is that Altman never steps wrong. Through two hours of what looks like one of the most audience hated film of all-time, he never makes a wrong turn. And that is genuine filmmaking.
  10. IB
    Aug 18, 2002
    I like it because i live in DALLAS, TX.
  11. JanZ.
    Mar 13, 2005
    I usually love Altman films but this is a real dog. I was surprised that it was written by a woman because it is very anti-woman. Dr. T is presented as the only sensible person in a world of hysterical, talkative, troubled women. Don't waste any time on this movie.
  12. JaredSS
    Jan 17, 2006
    Very sad, being as Robert Altman is my favorite American filmmaker of all-time. I think he did a terrific job, for the most part, it was the story that just wasn't very appealing. It came off as thinking it was more intriguing and unique than it actually was. The final two minutes of the film dropped this a point and a half. I got it, but it was too out there for a film this "normal".
  13. ChrisH.
    Aug 17, 2006
    funny during a couple times but all and all it was by far the worst movie I have ever seen. [***SPOILERS***] How did he end up in Mexico? Dallas is about 500 miles from Mexico and a tornado couldnt throw you more than 5 miles. too normal to have that unrealistic of an ending.

1. Mr. Showbiz
    Reviewed by: Kevin Maynard
    A jauntily entertaining ride.
    Though it's allegedly a comedy, there is nothing funny about this tasteless, shallow and mean-spirited slam.
    Though it starts out as amusing satire, the jokes become as neurotic as Dallas' female population, and the film spins out of control in every way.