Dr T and the Women

7.7

1. AprilV.
    Feb 25, 2001
    I only gave this movie a "1" rating because I did enjoy looking at handsome Richard Gere! Other than that, I wouldn't waste my money even on a rental. It was stupid movie with a ridiculous ending!
  2. JesseH.
    Feb 9, 2001
    I really enjoy quirky, unique movies...but this movie was a big disappointment. I kept waiting for the various plot points to be wrapped up, but was simply left hanging. I'm just glad I didn't waste my money when it was in theaters.
  3. DeniseB.
    Mar 2, 2001
    Too degrading to women to be enjoyed as a fantasy. Richard Gere can't act his way out of a paper bag. He moves around aloof, apart from those around him, never engaged--just the victim. The costuming was the only fun and enjoyable reason to see the movie. Mr. T's crazy office and life is a monster of his own creation, yet portrayed as the victim we are supposed to like and Too degrading to women to be enjoyed as a fantasy. Richard Gere can't act his way out of a paper bag. He moves around aloof, apart from those around him, never engaged--just the victim. The costuming was the only fun and enjoyable reason to see the movie. Mr. T's crazy office and life is a monster of his own creation, yet portrayed as the victim we are supposed to like and sympathize?? I don't think so. Expand
    Feb 24, 2001
    A total waste of time.
  5. Tom
    Feb 24, 2001
    Wish I could get paid for doing nothing.
    Jun 29, 2001
    I wish I could unsee this film!
  7. JanZ.
    Mar 13, 2005
    I usually love Altman films but this is a real dog. I was surprised that it was written by a woman because it is very anti-woman. Dr. T is presented as the only sensible person in a world of hysterical, talkative, troubled women. Don't waste any time on this movie.
  8. ChrisH.
    Aug 17, 2006
    funny during a couple times but all and all it was by far the worst movie I have ever seen. [***SPOILERS***] How did he end up in Mexico? Dallas is about 500 miles from Mexico and a tornado couldnt throw you more than 5 miles. too normal to have that unrealistic of an ending.

1. Mr. Showbiz
    Reviewed by: Kevin Maynard
    A jauntily entertaining ride.
    Though it's allegedly a comedy, there is nothing funny about this tasteless, shallow and mean-spirited slam.
    Though it starts out as amusing satire, the jokes become as neurotic as Dallas' female population, and the film spins out of control in every way.