Dream House

7.9

1. Feb 2, 2013
    The trailer and poster are not as they seem. The movie looks like a drama and a film is highly recommended to view one Sunday afternoon.
  2. Oct 3, 2011
    Very regular movie, boring and slow, however, really enjoyed the plot, it's entertaining, but you will get tired of it in a short time, i recommend it... well... I am not really sure..., 7.
  3. Aug 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Don't know why this movie is so underrated. the reveal that he's actually an ex-patient at the mental institution had me react in a similar way to Will. I didn't believe it because it was so out of the blue and went against everything i had believed up to that point. I wondered if there was some sort of conspiracy against him. This reveal is pretty early and the rest of the film explores just what a man does when he's found out he's crazy and his happy life is gone.... and he's also homeless now on top. It was interesting to see whether he would accept reality or cling to the delusions.

The only thing i didn't like was the ending. I had surmised that maybe Peter and Ann were having an affair and Libby killed the family and herself or that Anne's husband found out and killed Peter and his family. I was very surprised that The Hitman was just some random guy who was also in his condemned house for some reason ( maybe to barely make it count as not being the first time appearing in the film at the end?)who killed his family because he went to the wrong house (The ex-Husband didn't even show him a picture of his ex-wife?). Why was Ann so concerned with peter in the hospital? Did she know it was a hitman for her?

Also, on his family being ghosts or just a crazy delusion. After Libby moves thing it really changes the film from Peter getting over his delusions back to whether he can move on when his family IS actually there in spirit. Maybe it's somehow possible that the are just delusions and not ghosts but i think it's more likely they're ghosts in this film.

The movie really invokes thought on how you would feel and what you would do in this situation where you could just wake up one day and it was all a dream.

Performance wise Daniel Crag and Rachel Weisz are great.
  4. Oct 1, 2011
    Don't listen to the critics, it may be a bit predictable but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not t he greatest movie out there, but it gives me hope for good movies in the future. It's a bit similar to a title called "Shutter Island", which is a much better movie in my own opinion. Is it great? Not really. Should you watch it? Yes.
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    I loved the movie, caught me since the beginning until the end of the movie. Don´t hear everything people will say. See for yourself and make your own conclusions.
  6. Apr 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Han sido muy duros con la película, en lo que a mi concierne cumplio, me entretuvo mucho mas que otras, Daniel Craig es un exelente actor, y la verdad prefiero este final optimista, me gusto que al final se aclare todo, y no que sea como las peliculas de terror convencionales que dejan misterio, y te dejan con inquietud, sin esperanza, y triste, muy bien por Dream House Expand
  7. Oct 29, 2011
    I d not understand why people think this is a bad movie. I almost flew out of my chair in excitement. The beginning seemed a bit tiring, I suppose. But the rest of the movie was flawless. The acting as superb and the twists in it were outstanding. I absolutely loved it!
  8. Feb 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. dream house is a very good movie but i did not get why the neighbors ex husband hired someone to kill her when he could of done it himself so the person he hired did not accidentaly go in the wrong house and kill liby and her two daughters. and was not suprised of what it was gonna be about because the trailer gives too much information of how the movie was gonna be about!i rate it a 9 Expand
  9. Mar 29, 2015
    No way near as bad as some people would gave you think. The three leads are all very watchable, it's shot lovingly, and there is some interesting ideas ( even if they don't all work out, and it loses its way at the end). Most of the films problems came from studio interference, so much so the director tried to disown the film, and Craig and Weisz refused to promote it.
    Not great, but
    Not great, but watchable enough.
  10. Oct 11, 2012
    The fact that this movie tells you everything halfway makes it that much more compelling. It isn't a thriller in the sense of what is going to happen to next but rather it allows you to believe that such a scenario could happen to anyone and they will have no clue. The character is the story.

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Oct 5, 2011
    Dream House is neither haunting (as the marketing appears to promise) nor all that original. But it does, thank goodness for small favors, have Elias Koteas.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Oct 3, 2011
    The director is going through the motions, and he doesn't display the cinematic skill, at least in the release version, to bring off an exercise in either Hitchcockian or Shyamalanian suspense.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    Oct 2, 2011
    Impressive as the combination may seem on paper, having Sheridan direct this sort of genre fare reps a clear miscasting of helmer and subject, as he displays no particular feel for the material and is unable to overcome the story's generic approach, lack of striking psychological ideas, and literal-minded denouement.