Eagle Eye

6.9

1. Nov 1, 2010
    I didn't like this movie. it was scary and boring.
  2. JasonG.
    Sep 27, 2008
    Absolutely no redeeming qualities. Every scene is a rip-off of other movies. It's like the makers of Epic Movie and Date Movie suddenly started making action flicks. Just watch Enemy of the State, North By Northwest, The Fugitive, and Die Hard instead.
  3. BruceH.
    Oct 5, 2008
    If you're under 25 and accustomed to action without meaning, then this mediocre film will satsify. This movie is unnecessarily derivative--I kept flashing back to Enemy of the State, I Robot, and even Mission: Impossible. If you have ever actually bothered to see a good film rather than just a popular one, then this film will leave you wishing that you could have your two hours back. If you're under 25 and accustomed to action without meaning, then this mediocre film will satsify. This movie is unnecessarily derivative--I kept flashing back to Enemy of the State, I Robot, and even Mission: Impossible. If you have ever actually bothered to see a good film rather than just a popular one, then this film will leave you wishing that you could have your two hours back. Special effects do not equal substance. I am willing to suspend reality a little bit, but the power line scene and many others are so ridiculous that I could not imagine what the writer/director was thinking. Probably something like: "Let's see how stupid we can be and still get some people to give us 10 stars on Metacritic." Expand
  4. BenB.
    Sep 27, 2008
    I'm all for a fun, goofy action blockbuster where you have to put your mind on hold..but even those films have to develop the characters and have an emotional anchor. At no point during 'Eagle Eye' do you come to further understand or identify with the characters
  5. Aug 21, 2010
    Did not like this movie. The camera was too shaky, the action was so-so, and the plot seemed unoriginal with the whole supercomputer thing. The whole trumpet deal at the end seemed really cheezy. Wasn't entertaining for me.
  6. Jul 7, 2011
    In a word - Awful. The acting was terrible (nothing new there from Shia), the plot was a complete joke, I spent the whole movie going "are you kidding me!?!?" A movie, if it is going to be this unrealistic needs to set itself in world where the lack of realism can be forgiven this movie does not even try. In fact that is a great summation of this movie "They didn't even try".

1. A brain-squandering thriller.
  2. Good, manic fun plus a heavy dose of political intrigue adding up to two hours of clamorous, mind-numbing nonsense.
    From tepid start to laughable middle to thudding finish (and the final two minutes smack of a reshoot), it's nothing but a herky-jerky clusterfuck of noise and nonsense.