4.6

1. Jul 18, 2014
    what's there to say about 'Earth to Echo'? well it's a little found footage family movie about a bunch of kids who find a little alien and named it Echo. so now, these kids are gonna try to get it back home. yeah, it's a pretty obvious rip-off of 'E.T'. the kids in the movie, they were okay but a few of them were actually good. and the kids are supposed to form this bond with the alien,what's there to say about 'Earth to Echo'? well it's a little found footage family movie about a bunch of kids who find a little alien and named it Echo. so now, these kids are gonna try to get it back home. yeah, it's a pretty obvious rip-off of 'E.T'. the kids in the movie, they were okay but a few of them were actually good. and the kids are supposed to form this bond with the alien, but in the end i was like "Are you really bonding with it?" cause i wasn't bonding with it either. i mean sure, the alien's really cute and stuff, but that doesn't really mean much. the biggest problem with 'Earth to Echo' is that it's trying to be a throwback to the 80's movies like 'The Goonies' and of course 'E.T', these kid movies we grew up on. what they do wrong is what they did wrong in this movie. the fact is: the kids in the movie don't act like kids. these are kids in junior high with no parents around whatsoever. but they never act like actual kids in this movie and that felt really weird and stupid. have the kids act human, have them use swear words like in 'E.T', ya know like normal funny human stuff. directors these days don't really do it, cause they don't wanna push it like "No, we gotta keep it PG". this is a PG-rated movie and you can tell, cause the kids just talk but none of them actually gets to curse. one of them says "balls" once but that's it. it felt like the movie was written by people who don't have kids. so is 'Earth to Echo' that movie of this generation? no, not really. it's just your average found footage movie with the same kinda built up that's actually pretty boring, and it's nothing new. just the same found footage stuff all over again. maybe young kids - like 5 or 6 year olds - might like and enjoy the movie. but this movie was made for the junior or middle school kids, and even they might get bored outta their minds. so in the end, it had a few decent moments with cool special effects, and the alien was adorable, but that's not saying much. 'Earth to Echo' was more of a snooze fest rather than a entertaining movie. Expand
  2. Jul 6, 2014
    Why they made this movie ,the cover is the same as E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial , the movie is not original it is another stupid remake , now in this movie we have the owl from Clash of the Titans (1981)
  3. Jul 6, 2014
    Who remembers ,Mac and Me (1988) i like more that crap than Earth to Echo , this movie is so dumb as Mac and Me , today watching the movies of the goonies .stand by me. explorers, they are better movies , Earth to Echo is gonna happened the same as Mac and Me (1988) Forgotten
  4. Jul 7, 2014
    PLEASE let this be the LAST one!! ,I beg you hollywood this movie is so horrible , i didn't have fun watching this movie , i went to the theaters and i was so bored of Earth to Echo, it is the same old story we seen in other movies.
  5. RoS
    Jul 12, 2014
    i didn't like this movie ,it is badly done, and i there so many kind of movies like this and they are much better movies , E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial and the Goonies and Super 8
  6. R18
    Jul 12, 2014
    how much the movie borrows from Spielberg and others, but kids likely won't catch any of it--and likely won't care, i prefer watching Tammy (2014) than this remake movie.
  7. Jul 12, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014) is very good movie but it is better than Earth to Echo (2014), this movie is a remake of Super 8 and Chronicle (2012), There are more remakes than original movies.
  8. Jul 14, 2014
    I can tell they won't have the same spark that the kids from the others classic kids movies had. You can also tell that the kids acting are be bad ,the truth is this movie is crappy.
  9. Jul 7, 2014
    Earth to Echo incorporates movies like Cloverfield, Super 8 and E.T., and does each of those movies justice. I found it to be enjoyable, sincere and at the same time highlighting an important theme, friendship.
  10. Jul 6, 2014
    Wow this movie is bad , i prefer seeing Transformers 4 again , I stay with the classic kids movies, from the 80's ,So much stuff in this movie is ripped right out of other movies.
  11. Jul 6, 2014
    Hollywood is running out of ideas ,first they remake all the good horror movies of the 80's and the 70's ,and know they made, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) and Earth to Echo is a copy of many movies ,What's next The Incredible Hulk on bike
  12. Jul 6, 2014
    First, the script is dumb. and Earth to Echo doesn't live up to - films like "Super 8" and "Stand By Me or The Goonies . Earth to Echo is the worst summer movie i seen in first of july
  13. Jul 6, 2014
    Elliott! Elliott!, Phone Home. i like Earth to Echo, but is not good as the others kids movies of the 80's ,and the Super 8 is better. E.T.! E.T.! E.T.! Be good.
  14. Jul 12, 2014
    the movie is a waste of time, Echo more closely resembles, this film doesn't maintain a consistent point of view or any logic about what's on screen , Spielberg's E.T., so ugly it was cute, was also full of personality. Echo is adorable and forgettable, and the rest of the characters are simply plot holders in a narrative contraption that generates jeopardy-raising obstacles to Echo going home.
  15. Jul 2, 2014
    This is a copy of Super 8 (2011) and Chronicle (2012) and what is Optimus Prime and the owl of Clash of the Titans (1981) doing in this movie ? ,This looks like a remake movie
  16. Jul 6, 2014
    Pretty much.Take out everything that made from , super 8 . The Goonies .E.T. The Monster Squad. Stand by Me . Chronicle . in my opinion Earth to Echo is the big remake movie that Hollywood done
  17. Jul 6, 2014
    This movie will have you praying for death. So bad in so many ways; my mind is overloaded with how tragic this film is. I would say it looks like a bad elementary-school iMovie project but I don't know any kids this dumb. Just unbelievably bad; do not waste your time or money putting these sadly unremovable images into your brain.
  18. Jul 26, 2014
    This was the best movie ever. I saw the bad reviews and thought it would be boring, but when I saw it I literally said and thought to everybody around me, "who could think this is boring?" This was the bets movie of all time, and I like it better than even Disney, and I am a Disney fan. No chance I'm ever going to see a better movie. I loved Earth to Echo, brilliant movie!!!
  19. Jul 6, 2014
    You may hate me for this, but hear me out. I am one who does not watch nearly any "alien" movies but I found this one to be perfect in many ways. Combining the phone cameras with the special effects was perfect. Earth to echo is not a bad movie.
  20. Jul 7, 2014
    Beware if you get motion sickness easy. My wife, and I, and one of our daughters almost had to leave the film because of how jerky the filming was.I understand the way the movie was made, but it was horrible in that respect, very nauseating. The movie in itself was actually pretty decent.
  21. Jul 12, 2014
    This movie is a great movie. A mixture of E.T Goonies and Stand by Me. DO see this! A great movie for the whole family. If you only see one movie this summer see Earth to Echo!!!
  22. Jul 13, 2014
    This movie is definitely geared toward the minds of the 10-14 age range, the ones that are more open to the ideas that this movie promotes. References have been made to ET, and Super 8 but it still lacks the substance needed to make it appealing to an all age audience. The basic concept of making these boys last night memorable and the growth in thought they experience as it is happeningThis movie is definitely geared toward the minds of the 10-14 age range, the ones that are more open to the ideas that this movie promotes. References have been made to ET, and Super 8 but it still lacks the substance needed to make it appealing to an all age audience. The basic concept of making these boys last night memorable and the growth in thought they experience as it is happening is a positive influence. The reality aspect used for filming this movie will draw in a younger mind but leaves an older audience member needing more substance. Expand
  23. Dec 22, 2014
    I was really hesitant in watching this film with all of the bad reviews, but let me tell you something NEVER LISTEN TO THEM FORM YOUR OWN OPINION. Personally I enjoyed Earth to Echo and I loved how it was filmed from a first person perspective with the use of Tuck's camera. It made it feel unique and it wasn't too shaky like Cloverfield. The film aimed to highlight the importance ofI was really hesitant in watching this film with all of the bad reviews, but let me tell you something NEVER LISTEN TO THEM FORM YOUR OWN OPINION. Personally I enjoyed Earth to Echo and I loved how it was filmed from a first person perspective with the use of Tuck's camera. It made it feel unique and it wasn't too shaky like Cloverfield. The film aimed to highlight the importance of friendship and how this strong bond can sometimes be stretch to it's limits in tough circumstances. It defiantly got a lot of inspiration from Steven Spielberg with E.T. and Super 8 which made the film more engaging and familiar. Overall I highly recommend Earth to Echo to anyone you won't be as disappointed as the majority of the review say! Expand
  24. Dec 14, 2014
    This movie relies too much on similar works, and it is poorly executed and not entertaining in its own right. It is merely a forgettable movie with occasional good moments.
  25. Oct 13, 2014
    Obviously a retake on Super 8, only a little worse, and borrowing from every PG sci-fi there ever was, Earth to Echo is not as entertaining as it promises to be, and is also not as likeable as, say, E.T. was.

The footage-like quality of the shots is either meant to be original or believable - it's neither: it has been done before, and this is a sci-fi film, so it can never be believable. What the producers (or the director, I don't know) were aiming at here was to capture the "feel" of a real story while adding spaceships and evil corporations and kids who magically get away with doing things they can't do. Serious plot holes also don't help at all, as well as continuity mistakes.

That said, it's a film for kids, and while I think not even them will find this interesting, it has to be considered as such.
  26. Oct 22, 2014
    While trying for E.T./Goonies you get a watered down film that never allows you to get attached to the children or its alien companion. The film just seemed rushed and never took the time to establish anyone or thing. Overall it's just kind of average. C+
  27. Oct 17, 2014
    Whilst Earth to Echo is undeniably charming, its generic ET-like narrative riddled with numerous cliches somewhat diminished its more admirable qualities.
  28. Apr 11, 2015
    Earth to Echo es una película que se desarrolla en un tono amigable y que fluye de una manera admirable.

Esta película (que está grabada en metraje encontrado) es un film que logra ser atractivo en su atmósfera dando un buen entretenimiento y siendo bastante entretenida, complementando bien su trama con intrigas que resultan ideales, por así decirlo. Además, este largometraje es bastante disfrutable llevando al público a un viaje interesante y que, para su genero, o fuera de él, se desenvuelve de una manera inteligente.
  29. Jul 6, 2014
    Kids riding on bikes.. Find an alien in the barn. All we need is to have have the alien eat reese's pieces and you have ET ,This is a remake of ET. Super 8. Chronicle . The Goonies . Stand by Me . The Monster Squad. Attack the Block.
  30. Jul 6, 2014
    This movie was basically Super 8(without the violence) + E.T.The story is where 3 guys and 1 girl meet a "robot-alien" named "Echo". They go on an adventure to help it build a spaceship, and discover a conspiracy about there town and why the government doesn't want it to happen. This could be a great movie if the idea was fresh and new, but since there are many movies like it, it kills theThis movie was basically Super 8(without the violence) + E.T.The story is where 3 guys and 1 girl meet a "robot-alien" named "Echo". They go on an adventure to help it build a spaceship, and discover a conspiracy about there town and why the government doesn't want it to happen. This could be a great movie if the idea was fresh and new, but since there are many movies like it, it kills the momentum Expand
  31. Jul 8, 2014
    Disappointed I honestly don't know where to start, This movie is such a rip-off . Earth to Echo is
    Super 8
    the goonies .
    Chronicle
    The Monster Squad
    the truck of Transformers ,is in this movie
    the owl of Clash of the Titans, is in this movie
  32. Jul 9, 2014
    I will never betray my Goon Dock friends.
    We will stick together until the whole world ends. Through heaven and hell, and nuclear
    war, good pals like us we stick like tar. In the city, or the country, or the forest, or boonies,
    I am proudly declared one of the goonies!
  33. Jul 14, 2014
    Why another remake this movie is, The Goonies . E.T. The Lost Boys. The Monster Squad. Super 8. Chronicle , every year the remakes are coming strong in hollywood , read more books hollywood there are great storys out there.
  34. Oct 7, 2014
    There is something rotten in Denmark when I keep seeing loads of professional and user reviews that tout how great awful movies are on sites like this one and many others like it. I'm starting to wonder if movie studios are not paying people to come on sites like this to praise terrible movies like Earth to Echo. After seeing this with the wife and daughter and a bunch of her friends IThere is something rotten in Denmark when I keep seeing loads of professional and user reviews that tout how great awful movies are on sites like this one and many others like it. I'm starting to wonder if movie studios are not paying people to come on sites like this to praise terrible movies like Earth to Echo. After seeing this with the wife and daughter and a bunch of her friends I felt compelled to take over the movie selection of my daughter's slumber party and show them E.T which they absolutely adored after they got past the 70/80's clothes, home furnishings and products. Let me just say when a bunch of 11 year old girls call a movie like this one crap, it is truly CRAP! Expand
  35. Oct 9, 2014
    By far, this is the worst movie I have ever watched. The constant movement of the camera was conducive to a head ache, and not a great story line. I can only give a one rating. I cannot believe someone would actually give this film a 10 beside the maker of this film. I feel cheated out of my money that was paid to see this movie. I stopped watching the movie half way through.
  36. Oct 26, 2014
    my family sat down to watch it as a family...i was like this is going t be boring and downed on it at first, but was i wrong, this is a grate family movie good for all ages showing the power of friendship and that no madder how far you are your friends you will still be friends! this is a 10/10 must see and i recommend bring snacks because im a fat a** :D i really don't know why this moviemy family sat down to watch it as a family...i was like this is going t be boring and downed on it at first, but was i wrong, this is a grate family movie good for all ages showing the power of friendship and that no madder how far you are your friends you will still be friends! this is a 10/10 must see and i recommend bring snacks because im a fat a** :D i really don't know why this movie has so many negative ratings it was amazing and heart warming Expand
  37. Oct 26, 2014
    this movie is like super 8 and e.t the hero of this movie was tuck most of it was like super 8 that kid alex was awesome tuck was okay but there was one more but i am not talk about him this good one guy in when i seen it he cry
  38. Nov 5, 2014
    echo is a uniq experince. I really liked this film but, sometimes emma made me made. she was really mean to snunge and overall compeltly ruin the whole movie by me!
  39. Dec 8, 2014
    Earth to Echo wanted to be a "friendly-alien-lost-on-earth" movie but I didn't do a very good job. The story was boring, the characters were not played well and in all it felt like a failed remake of E.T. The story-line was pretty much the same as E.T. anyway. At no point during the movie does it immerse you and give you a sense of feeling for the character of Echo in such a way as E.T did.

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Osmond
    Jul 21, 2014
    Does for "E.T." what "Super 8" did for "Close Encounters." As lovably '80s as Reece's Pieces and pop socks.
  2. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 8, 2014
    The filmmakers wanted to broaden the formula a little, make it more inclusive, do something a little adventurous. Kinda like Earth to Echo's tween heroes.
  3. Reviewed by: Kate Erbland
    Jul 3, 2014
    It’s not exceedingly original, it is well-made and a solid entry into the subgenre.