6.3

1. MichaelV.
    May 2, 2004
    Eban and Charley is a love story directed with sensitivity by James Bolton. No more, no less. Brent and Giovanni are naturals in the film. I think "Charley"/Giovanni is adorable. I wish James would bring the two back to continue the story. I miss both of the actors. Don't be mislead by negative reviews.
  2. MikeVG
    Apr 8, 2002
    Brilliant film: a haunting, beautiful and honest treatment of a difficult subject. I saw it two years ago and it's still fresh in my mind. Go see it!!!
  3. JimM.
    Jul 7, 2002
    I don't understand the reviews of this great movie! It is one of the most moving love stories I've ever seen.. and I love the music... very low key and depressing... but I also like The smiths, The Cure, etc. Most people will be prejudice against this movie because of the subject matter (man-boy love), but maybe if they watch it they will rethink the illogic of making it illegal I don't understand the reviews of this great movie! It is one of the most moving love stories I've ever seen.. and I love the music... very low key and depressing... but I also like The smiths, The Cure, etc. Most people will be prejudice against this movie because of the subject matter (man-boy love), but maybe if they watch it they will rethink the illogic of making it illegal for a 15 or 16 year old to love someone who just happens to be more than 18. Expand
  4. YuenT.
    Dec 19, 2002
    I like Giovanni Andrade. He is Young and cute. His love so pure, simple.

1. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Sometimes spare to a fault (especially scriptwise), low-key effort nonetheless holds attention with its naturalistic, nonsensationalized approach.
    The picture is so predictable that the bad acting becomes a distraction.
    Drab and muddled romance.