7.6

1. NelsonD.
    Dec 7, 2002
    Arenas will impress Vivendi with this one. The story will resonate with youth, urban and Latino audiences; and Blades/Leguizamo/Sonia Braga/Rossellini is a powerful international draw. Flashy story, great soundtrack...this is a winner.
  2. ErnieH.
    Dec 10, 2002
    I agree with the ladeez. Drug thug shootem up is tired, lowdown and negative. But it's a nice kick to see some heavy Latino action up on the screen, and Johnny L. is some kinda actor, Jim. Next time, I just hope someone does a Latino scientist, brain surgeon, Nobel-prize winner. I'm tired of the lowlifes and it's an insult. Is this what LATINO film makers are up to? Damn.
  3. AdamP.
    Dec 13, 2002
    I'm not to much of a critic, but I feel this move is a good show of actors and I likey the music too. Too much drogas I agree very much! But is good too see latinos get to be the actors.
  4. AndrewT.
    Dec 6, 2002
    The script and direction are utterly inept, but the movie taps into a vibrant culture and an explosive market (Latinos). It's just a matter of time...if Arenas and Universal blow their shot with more trash like this, a truly talented writer/director will come along soon and blow this market WIDE OPEN.
  5. JosefinaR.
    Dec 9, 2002
    I didn't go for all the killing drugdealing and whatnot, but I liked the actors. John Legisamo and his girlfriend seemed really sincere, and the yuppie guy was a real snake.
  6. ElenaR.
    Dec 9, 2002
    There's too many drug dealer movies. But this one had John Leguizamo who I really like, and the music was great.
  7. AmyR.
    May 6, 2003
    This movie was excellent. i am one to fall asleep watching a movie, but this movie had me awake the whole time. i going out and buy this movie to add to my collection.good luck to you john and hope to see more of you. keep up the good work. ps if you need latina face for upcoming moves or play just e-mail.
  8. BlazeT.
    Dec 8, 2002
    Johnny Legs is the new Tony Montana! This movie is SMOKIN! I saw it right here in da Bronx, and the house was PACKED! Check out this piece, for sure!
  9. TamikaR.
    Dec 9, 2002
    I recommend this movie. It reminds me of the Sopranos, only cooler. I loved it when Fat Joe kept blasting away, never getting up off his couch. Now THAT is a couch potato!
  10. TatoB.
    Dec 11, 2002
    Vaya Boricua! This one's a roller coaster! Mucho action and Fat Joe on the couch...movie heaven, baby! Yo Fat Joe, get up off that couch.

This tale has been told and retold; the races and rackets change, but the song remains the same.
    Rossellini doesn't do much more than show up and be a hundred kinds of ravishing. Yet there's a movie in her ageless face and that untamed bouffant.
  3. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Stereotypical, banally written bloodbath.