8.0

1. FrancineB
    Dec 10, 2007
    I was entertained beyond my expectations. The plot has more substance than you might expect, and deals with themes of real love and being a strong woman. There were audible "yucks" from the children in the theater, however, during the kissing and during one scene where the would-be princess touches Mc Dreamy's chest. That aside, my young daughters said that they enjoyed the movie. I I was entertained beyond my expectations. The plot has more substance than you might expect, and deals with themes of real love and being a strong woman. There were audible "yucks" from the children in the theater, however, during the kissing and during one scene where the would-be princess touches Mc Dreamy's chest. That aside, my young daughters said that they enjoyed the movie. I nearly cried a couple of times. Worth seeing, in my opinion. Expand
  2. KevinC.
    Dec 15, 2007
    How can you not love this film? Sit back, relax and be totally Disnified. I had a bad day at work and by the time I left I was singing a happy tune. Great for kids or grown-ups. Just go see it.
  3. DaveG.
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greatest movie of all time! Ever!
  4. helen
    Jan 2, 2009
    I think amy adams does a wonderful job in this movie, spot on with the mannerisms of a cartoon princess! loved it.
  5. StephenP.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Simply one of the happiest, warmest films in years. I just loved it!
  6. MargoW
    Feb 13, 2008
    A wonderful, cheerful film that, for a change, has no bitter, sardonic edge. Really enjoyable for everyone, and will help older folks recover some of the simple joy of living they thought they had lost.
  7. SeanA.
    Dec 14, 2007
    This is a Disney Classic allready! I can see myself owning this and watching it with my kids that I havn't even had yet!
  8. TimL.
    Nov 24, 2007
    A brilliantly charming, funny film that will melt your heart. I took my wife and three teen daughters to this flick for a family night out, expecting to sit though another Disney "tweener" flick. I was not prepared for how thoroughly entertaining this movie turned out to be! There is something for everyone from ages 4 to 70. Amy Adams is astounding, as she brings to life every sound and A brilliantly charming, funny film that will melt your heart. I took my wife and three teen daughters to this flick for a family night out, expecting to sit though another Disney "tweener" flick. I was not prepared for how thoroughly entertaining this movie turned out to be! There is something for everyone from ages 4 to 70. Amy Adams is astounding, as she brings to life every sound and body movement of a prototypical Disney animated princess (Belle, Ariel, Snow White, etc). Most surprisingly though, is there is even a Disney-clean, but still very moving, grown-up love story for parents who take their kids to see this. My bet is that once the word of mouth starts, this will be a huge, huge hit. Expand
  9. AllanB.
    Nov 27, 2007
    The movie was very enjoyable for both adults and children. A great "feel good" holiday-time movie. I would recommend this for a good family-time movie.
  10. John
    Nov 28, 2007
    Hilarious, touching, romantic and catchy, Enchanted is the best musical-comedy-romance I've seen in a long time.
  11. Rob
    Dec 22, 2007
    Best movie of 2007 by a long, long way. Unless you hate fun, laughter and tears of joy, you owe it to yourself and your entire family to watch Enchanted. At least once.
  12. Nov 14, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can I say about this movie its simply enchanting.The film is bascially about a cartoon princess named Giselle who is banished by an evil Queen to modern day NYC in human form and falls in love with a single father who works as a divorce attorney in New York. Although she's got the best of both worlds but she has to choose one and also to find out who she really loves Robert(Dempsey) or Edward(Marsden) Amy Adams was brilliant as the soon to be princess Giselle who is transformed into a real life woman in Times Square nyc and Patrick Dempsey was a real prince charming in this movie it was the only movie that I actually liked him in as he is a bit overrated. The whole story is magical and it will make you feel like a kid again by looking at the references in the film and the music which is composed by the two guys that did music for The Hunchback of Nortre Dame and Pocahontas(Alan Menken & Stephen Schwartz)was brilliant I loved all the songs and the instrumental pieces. James Marsden who played/voiced and sang as Prince Edward was hilarious in this movie. He acted like he was spoofing Jim Carrey he was that good. The ending was rather predictiable as Giselle chooses Robert over Edward,but having said that it is definetly one to watch again and again if you are like me a fan of Disney fairytales like Beauty & the Beast,The Little Mermaid,Snow White & Cinderella then this film is for you. If you are a guy then don't bother as you will find the characters annoying and you probably say its stupid. But if you are a girl that wants something to keep her mind relaxed and fancies Patrick Dempsey or if you like stuff that will bring you to another world then this is for you. Susan Sarandon I found was a bit dull in this film as she was only in the live action world for like 15 mins. The dragon scene was ok nothing like Spiderman or whatever but still its my all time favourite film and like I said in the first line its brilliant and enchanting. And who can forget that cute chipmunk Pip and Morgan who was adorable. My only downside I had to this film was that there was alot of errors that can easily be spotted with the corner of your eye and it can be unsuitable for chiildren who are like 4 years old as Giselle feels Robert's chest and there is an odd scary scene. I'd say that this film is catered for 12 up as its not aimed at younger children(except for that chipmunk) but having said this its a fantastic movie. 9/10 Expand
  13. BethanyD
    Feb 22, 2009
    'Enchanted' is such a romantic fantasy story/movie. There is a Princess called Gazelle and a Prince called Edward. But then she comes into the real world leaving the cartoon world. My favourite part is when Gazelle meets a man. I forgot what his name is. Anyway, what was I saying now. Oh yeah! The man decides that Gazelle should stay with him for a little while. The little girl 'Enchanted' is such a romantic fantasy story/movie. There is a Princess called Gazelle and a Prince called Edward. But then she comes into the real world leaving the cartoon world. My favourite part is when Gazelle meets a man. I forgot what his name is. Anyway, what was I saying now. Oh yeah! The man decides that Gazelle should stay with him for a little while. The little girl decides that Gazelle should stay for a little while as well. I'm sorry but I don't know all these names. I think 'Enchanted' is the bestest movie. Well, I have got some other best movies but still it's the bestest movie. The other best movies are Open Season, Flushed Away, Garfield comes to the real world, Like Mike, Scooby Doo, Monsters Inc; Bee Movie and last of all Step Up 2: The streets! WOW. That is a load of films that I like there. And I might still have some more films but forget all about those films that I watch/like. See ya laters!!!! Expand
  14. mariak.
    Jan 9, 2008
    this is an extremely interesting and funny film.i just love it!after watching the film it became one of my favourite films. while watching it with my family we had such great fun.
  15. PrincessC
    Apr 7, 2008
    This is an absolute adorable movie. This movie took a fairy tale like story and modernized it. Although it changes from cartoon to real life it is an enjoyable film for everyone. It was nice to see a movie that was not all about violence and sex. This a great movie for kids as well as adults. This movie filled with warmth was definitely worth my money.
  16. Eileen
    Dec 6, 2007
    My friend and I enjoyed this fanciful musical comedy immensely. The mix of adult and child humor is spot on and engaging. All the casting is wonderful but the movie hinges on Amy Adams and she pulls it off to a T, playing the soon-to-be-princess with just the right tone. Dempsey does a solid job, too and Sarandon is terrific as the meanie with support from Spall. The squirrel's My friend and I enjoyed this fanciful musical comedy immensely. The mix of adult and child humor is spot on and engaging. All the casting is wonderful but the movie hinges on Amy Adams and she pulls it off to a T, playing the soon-to-be-princess with just the right tone. Dempsey does a solid job, too and Sarandon is terrific as the meanie with support from Spall. The squirrel's antics in NYC are laugh-out-loud funny. The story is spare but the visuals and backstory fill it out and the movie surprisingly ends up being empowering as well as optimistic. The production reminds me of Mary Poppins but with better CGI. If you like that and other musicals you will likely love this and count it a potential classic. Expand
  17. AS
    Jan 5, 2008
    Good movie for adults as well as children.
  18. KellyA.
    Nov 19, 2007
    True completion of the art style of Disney profession, this spedazzler is just as magical as the Harry potters with humor and thrills.
  19. SamS.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Laughed out loud and even shrieked a few times at Giselle's naivete. As a Disney fan and New Yorker, I inevitably adored this movie. Please try not to be so jaded that you feel it is necessary to dismiss this type of entertainment. Give in and just enjoy it for what it is: satire/comedy/romance/musical/fantasy.
  20. VeronicV.
    A beautiful classic Disney story
  21. HughO.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Took 6 kids, boys and girls, 4 to 14, and 2 adults. All laughed, were fully entertained. Shrek like combo of kid and adult humor. NYC used effectively. Disney pokes fun at itself. Not too scary. A pleasant surprise with actual character development.
  22. AriN
    Nov 24, 2007
    It had very cool characters. I really cracked up.I had a very interesting ending because the fight.I liked how the prince and Nancy and Robert and the Giselle got married.It was one of the best movies I have seen in my life Ari neugeboren and Eric Neugeboren-
  23. MovieDude
    Nov 24, 2007
    One of the greatest flicks I've ever seen. I especially liked the part when the incredible met the guy in New York City! Wow! that was the coolest piece of film making I have never seen.
  24. KenM.
    Nov 25, 2007
    The three leading actors -- especially Adams and Marsden -- are superb. Everything is cleverly conceived and executed. A little corny, maybe, but sometimes the best things in life are corny if you're honest about them.
  25. BBD.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Brought the husband, 6 and 9 year old boys and loved it. The audience clapped at the park sequence. Lovely! We had a great time. Just loved it!
  26. MarkT.
    Nov 26, 2007
    An absolute treat! Amy Adams was brilliant as the princess! If you ever wondered how the whole Disney princess thing translates into modern day NYC go see this film. It's hilarious! It also showed how Disney can keep things fresh. It's original and will become one of Disney's classics along the lines of Cinderella and Bambi.
  27. EduardoF.
    Nov 29, 2007
    In Enchanted Disney recaptures the magic it had lost years ago, it has a feel good story and the performance of Amy Adams is a must see.
  28. Fantasy
    Dec 1, 2007
    Loved it. Walt Disney if he were alive would have approved. Feel good movie of the holiday season.
  29. RoseB
    Dec 10, 2007
    It was great, funny, romantic, and a movie that you won't forget !!! GREAT !!!!
  30. philipb.
    Dec 29, 2007
    This year has been full of great, fun-for-all movies. This is one of the best.
  31. WendyL.
    Nov 23, 2007
    This retired couple just returned from a matinee thoroughly (sorry about this) enchanted with the movie. Delightful humor, wonderful songs, special effects that were terrific, and actors who obviously were enjoying themselves made for a great movie experience. We followed families who were literally singing and dancing out of the theater. That says it all.
  32. RachelH.
    Nov 24, 2007
    This movie was totally entertaining from beginning to end! It was highly creative, and a wonderful escape movie that I would recommend to anyone.
  33. NeilB
    Nov 25, 2007
    This movie is very enjoyable for all ages. It's funny and brings in a slight twist to the story that aren't in most fairy tales. While saying that, the girls voice can get a little annoying. :P
  34. HyperS
    Dec 11, 2008
    I'm a guy, but I'll admit a good chic flick when I see it. Only thing that could have been better was the villain's demise at the end as it wasn't the prototypical fairytale ending. Now I must cut this review short and go break something before my testosterone level falls too far into dangerous levels (its a guy thing).
  35. Mar 2, 2013
    Enchanted gives you a feeling that no other movie can give you what starts out as a corny childrens movie turns into a romantic love story that gets every emotion out of you this movie seriously can stand against the other animated classic disney princess movies the jokes are funny the filming is good and the whole movie gives you a warm feeling that makes you wonder why cant life be moreEnchanted gives you a feeling that no other movie can give you what starts out as a corny childrens movie turns into a romantic love story that gets every emotion out of you this movie seriously can stand against the other animated classic disney princess movies the jokes are funny the filming is good and the whole movie gives you a warm feeling that makes you wonder why cant life be more like this amazing Expand
  36. Apr 10, 2012
    This must be one of the best musicals in years, the music, plot and scenes are just amazing. I love the songs the most. I believe there is no reason for anyone to hate this movie!!!
  37. Feb 23, 2013
    Easily the best movie of all time. Amy Adams, nailed every aspect of a Disney Princess. This movie was full of great ideas, music fun and a wonderful storyline. Pure Genius at its best. My feelings would be truly hurt if a sequel was not made. Definitely on the same Pedestal as The Wizard of OZ! Bravo Disney it's a champion of a movie. It'd be a dream come true to have a sequel and I wishEasily the best movie of all time. Amy Adams, nailed every aspect of a Disney Princess. This movie was full of great ideas, music fun and a wonderful storyline. Pure Genius at its best. My feelings would be truly hurt if a sequel was not made. Definitely on the same Pedestal as The Wizard of OZ! Bravo Disney it's a champion of a movie. It'd be a dream come true to have a sequel and I wish I could be a voice in such an iconic film. Expand
  38. Jul 5, 2014
    There are certain things I like about this movie. The characters are likable and funny sometimes, the songs are childish but good and the run-time is moderate. The film still provides some laughs and overall, it's pretty entertaining and curious.

1. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    It’s essentially, y’know, for kids, but the dedicated fairy tale fan will have tons of fun spotting all the references. Adams, meanwhile, gives one of the comedy performances of the year.
    Not since Julie Andrews rode an umbrella to glory in Mary Poppins has Disney given us such a real-life doll (Amy Adams).
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A full-blown musical that commutes between Disney's patented cartoon universe and the "real" world with cleverness and grace, this splashy production reminds one of nothing in the Disney canon so much as "Mary Poppins," not least due to the "star is born" aura that surrounds Amy Adams here, just as it did Julie Andrews 43 years ago.