5.4

1. Oct 15, 2013
    This movie is difficult to rate, I've never seen anything quite like it before. From watching the trailers, I thought "Okay, I guess this is one of those horror movies made scarier by having a happy context", but after watching, I realized that it's not your standard horror film, even for what I just mentioned. I guess I'd still classify it as a horror (even though it's not technically that scary), but a very different type of horror. I can at least say, it's quite a different movie, definitely unique, and overall, quite stressing but in a way that's intriguing. I honestly don't know how I'm going to rate this, it's one of those movies that you just have to watch for yourself, but I'll give it a 7 anyway. Expand
  2. Oct 18, 2013
    While the story of how the film was made is interesting, the film itself is just utter garbage. But that's what happens when you are making a film that is just a glorified publicity stunt. It was obvious that writer/director Randy Moore was more interested with making a film that would create buzz and controversy on the film festival circuit rather than make a semi-coherent film. The story is sloppy, the acting is just awful, the editing was done (I'm assuming) by a blind man and the overall presentation just looks like Moore didn't actually care about the film itself and was more worried about how he could get his name out there. This wasn't a film, it was a publicity stunt. Expand
  3. Oct 19, 2013
    I wanted to love it, and there are definitely good ideas in the film, but it just doesn't go far enough. I did enjoy some of the humor and irony, but I don't think they pushed the boundaries hard enough to make the impact they hoped for. Kudos for stealing the whole movie at Disney World though!

1. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 8, 2013
    In a word: Bibbidi-bobbidi-blah.
  2. Reviewed by: Liam Lacey
    Oct 25, 2013
    The film, shot in black-and-white at canted angles, suggests an R-rated Twilight Zone episode with a twist of Fellini-lite, in a trite film school kind of way. Mickey Mouse is unlikely to be shaking in his big yellow shoes.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Roeper
    Oct 24, 2013
    Once you get past the amazement this thing was made at all, the movie itself is an intermittently clever but mostly tedious, convoluted David Lynch knockoff that wanders all over the place.