8.9

1. Apr 7, 2011
    This movie is possibly one of the wackiest and hilarious films ever released. Sam Raimi returns once again to the horrors of the Book of the Dead, along with star Bruce Campbell, the king of B-movies. The plot is pretty much the same as the original; Ash and his girlfriend Linda venture to a cabin in the middle of a dark and unidentified forest. Ash finds a strange looking book and when he recites passages from it, he ressurects a dark spirit in the woods, and summons all kinds of crazy demons and monsters. The blood flies in some very imaginative ways. Heads get lopped off, demons get blown up and numerous people get zombified. It also has a focus on comedy thats just adds to how entertaining this movie really is. In sum, a great movie to watch on Halloween night an one of the most unique horror films around. Expand
  2. j30
    Nov 9, 2011
    Horror films don't get much better than this. Perfectly balances slap-stick comedy and horror. It's hard to believe the director of Spider-man Sam Raimi got his start here. My favorite horror movie by far.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    This is a staple of our Halloween season in my house. My daughter and I watch it every year and absolutely LOVE it! Creepy yet cheezy and a whole lot of fun to watch! Our favorite scenes are when Ash battles his own hand. Tons of Blood and Laughs!
  4. Jan 21, 2013
    Evil Dead 2 is a delightful mix of eye-popping gore, wacky special effects, hilarious slapstick comedy, deliciously campy dialogue, and Bruce Campbell's best performance yet. Groovy.
  5. Apr 11, 2013
    With amped up production value comes a perfect blend of black comedy, horror, nostalgia and unbeatable atmosphere. Great cinematography and direction from Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell gives a fantastic hammed up performance as Ash a long with the films hilarious comedic tone. A great, if not the best entry in the awesome franchise.
  6. Mar 18, 2013
    Funny and sometimes cheesy (intentionally), yet with Campbell in the lead this movie is just a cult classic. Raimi made a perfect blend of horror, haunted-house and dark-comedy movie, with a really nice atmosphere and special effects. Overall recommended.
  7. Sep 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This surpasses the original one in my opinion. It's a horror and a comedy so you'll be scared and be laughing at the same time. This is quite possibly the most outrageous film I ever saw, especially the laughing scene. If you just want movies that have logic then pass this, but if you're open minded, then you should watch this, but watch the first one too since it's also pretty good. Expand
  8. Dec 26, 2013
    Evil Dead II is proof that Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell were the gods of low budget filmmaking, proof of the incredible intelligence and stupidity of the horror genre. Evil Dead II is among the best horror comedies ever made. No much needs to be said from Raimi's spot on direction and Campbell's iconic, ridiculous parody of the action hero, Evil Dead II combines ludicrous amounts of gore with ludicrous amounts of hilarity, what more could you need? Expand
  9. Dec 30, 2013
    Among the greatest horror movies of all time, my personal favourite. It is brilliantly directed by Sam Raimi and wonderfully acted by Bruce Campbell. This is one of the most entertaining movies i have ever seen. I love the slapstick humour mixed with horror. All of the movies elements combined lead to it being one of my favourite films of all time, and a must see for fans of the horror(/Slapstick Comedy) genre Expand
  10. Apr 8, 2014
    Evil Dead returns as a good sequel its epic , horrorific , and awsome . but why at the last scene Ash ends up back in time ??????????????????????????? . Grade A+

1. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    Best scenes: Campbell pondering whether to squash her dismembered head in a vice, and a later quandary when he must shotgun his own dismembered hand. Moral: Pimples aren't the worst thing that can happen to your body. [11 Sept 1987, Life, p.3D]
  2. In many ways even more hellish and stylish than its predecessor... A horror cult classic.
  3. Reviewed by: Pat Graham
    The effects are just as delirious this time around, but the nightmare poetry has vanished, along with the sense of archetypal purpose and narrative inevitability that held the jack-in-the-box original together.