Universal Pictures | Release Date: May 24, 2013
7.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 650 Ratings
Watch Now
blacksunJul 24, 2013
Rehashed, Cliche, tired and tiring. The plot begs you to just shut up and shut off your brain. I tried. I tried hard to like it. I like big dumb action movies. But the stunts are mostly cgi, the characters are wooden and the plot is riddledRehashed, Cliche, tired and tiring. The plot begs you to just shut up and shut off your brain. I tried. I tried hard to like it. I like big dumb action movies. But the stunts are mostly cgi, the characters are wooden and the plot is riddled with holes. Just skip it. Oh, unless you're a brain dead automaton, then it's for you. Expand
sinadoomDec 23, 2014
The very definition of a chavvy film. There are so many plot holes right from the beginning - nothing is explained! We're not told who any of the characters are, they have little to no development, and the action scenes lack quality andThe very definition of a chavvy film. There are so many plot holes right from the beginning - nothing is explained! We're not told who any of the characters are, they have little to no development, and the action scenes lack quality and originality. They're just mindless and dumb. The cars are just chavved up American muscle with fake sounds. There's just so much wrong with this film it's hard to get it across in a review, it's ridiculous right from the start - even for an action film. I mean, a car chase through London is impossible at anything above 10 mph, the whole story is disjointed. Nobody's motive is explained thoroughly, nor is there any sophistication in the action and chases. I can't think of how this film could be worse! Expand
wishmasterMay 28, 2013
I was practically forced to see it, and really fulfilled my expectations: be that kind of movies that are a mockery of the human intellect. Frightful dialogues, married to disgusting performances. and sincerely give 1 because I saw cute cars.
blackswanrulesMay 25, 2013
Agree with PaulCharles... The only reason I stayed was my nephew wanted to see the movie for his birthday... It was absolutely horrible on all fronts. Don't get the above average reviews for this at all....peace.
WisemagicianJul 2, 2013
The only thing you'll get out of watching Fast and Furious 6 is an enormous headache. Why? Because this movie consists of the following things: Shooting, annoyingly loud car chases, and completely excessive demolition scenes. There's far tooThe only thing you'll get out of watching Fast and Furious 6 is an enormous headache. Why? Because this movie consists of the following things: Shooting, annoyingly loud car chases, and completely excessive demolition scenes. There's far too much action; with no story to justify the need to implement it. Every apparent attempt to form an emotional connection to characters is just an excuse for another action scene. This movie is so unrealistic and unbelievable that you are unable to relate to it or any of its inhabitants in any way. The only thing that makes this movie very slightly amusing is the witty remarks made by the core characters. Nevertheless, Fast and Furious six is a movie that you should most certainly avoid. Expand
WhySoSerious54Jun 19, 2013
Nothing new and unique about this movie. Fast Five was great and memorable this movie had little to no value. After the movie I just seemed to fill like I missed something. The Villian was dull, the action scenes were so over the top it justNothing new and unique about this movie. Fast Five was great and memorable this movie had little to no value. After the movie I just seemed to fill like I missed something. The Villian was dull, the action scenes were so over the top it just went from wow to are you kidding me. A steel cable attached to a car can flip a tank over......that scene just about lost it for me. I understand its fast and furious but a little element of "It could happen" makes us all think. Jumping out of a car going high speed then catching a person in mid air smashing into another car window without a scratch made me want to walk out. Expand
MasonmcglynnMay 26, 2013
PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OTHER FAF MOVIE
PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OTHER FAF MOVIE
I hated this movie why? I didnt know what the hell was going on the story is and they expect you to know by a 2 minute clip so I went to this expecting an ok action movie and what I got was a shallow bad acted piece of garbage
ALSO NOTE: PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN FAF MOVIES WILL ENJOY THIS MORE:
the action scenes lasted for too long and the pacing was terrible
AliStarkAug 12, 2013
The worst movie in fast and furious series. Seriously they need stop continuing this franchise. The film literally doesn't have any story rather than chasing some high tech bad guys and that's it.
scartezzSep 1, 2014
I know that the most important things in this film are the action's moments but the entire plot is SO stupid....
I really can't believe what I' ve seen.
There are basically 2 problem: 1)there's never a good reason to start a crazy action
I really can't believe what I' ve seen.
There are basically 2 problem:
1)there's never a good reason to start a crazy action situation
2) the way in which the characters ( but the police too) think it's so absurd
GregePorterAug 31, 2015
Bottom line: Fast and Furious 6 is ridiculous but not in a good way. I’d pass on this unless you are a fan of the franchise.

By this point in the franchise, Fast and Furious has enough momentum that it can cruise with relatively little variation. Take the intro credits for this, the latest addition, Furious 6. It is a montage of major scenes of the previous movies. Should I then adjust my reviewing point of reference from a generic action movie to that of other Fast and Furious movies? That is, instead of asking, ‘is Furious 6 a good movie,’ I might ask, ‘is Furious 6 a good Fast and Furious movie.’

I’m joking…kind of. I am joking in the sense that if you are a fan of the franchise, you are probably going to go see this. The question then becomes, ‘is Furious 6 the movie that gets you hooked on the franchise’. In a word: doubtful. Maybe, before I go any further, I should describe my relationship with Fast and Furious. I haven’t seen all of them but I have seen enough of them to understand the plot so while I can watch this one, I am not emotionally invested from the onset.

Furious 6 follows Agent Hobbs (Johnson) as he tracks down a formidable international criminal name Shaw (Evans). Hobbs needs a team to lead to an arrest so he turns to Toretto (Deisel) and friends to help. They were the best hijackers in the world and will be able to provide professional insight. Their payment for assistance is an official pardon. Since the last movie, if I recall correctly, they have been living in the Bahamas to avoid arrest. Initially, Dom is hesitates. What changes his mind is a recently taken picture of his ex-girlfriend, Letty (Rodriguez). She supposedly died in a previous movie. You might think this is kinda romantic; a man risking his life with the slightest hope that his girlfriend is still alive. Well, then we would have to forget the fact that Dom enters this movie in bed with another woman (Hobb’s former partner). This is starting to sound like a soap opera. Anyway, Dom calls his friends back together and they start tracking down the villain.

Even though I wasn’t expecting anything from Furious 6, I was still disappointed. I think it was more annoyance than disappointment, actually. It irritates me that this Furious 6 readies itself for a seventh movie despite the fact that it fails to contribute anything. Now that I think about it, just watch the first 10 seconds of the trailer and you know what to expect. Let me list the shots. Long shot of a car, medium shot of a woman (in a pink school girl outfit dancing), long shot of a group of women dancing on a stage, long shot of a car (with a couple, out of focus, bikini clad legs passing through the frame), women in a swim suit exiting a car, close up women dancing in hot pants, long shot of car, close up of car, Vin Diesel. I don’t know what I was expecting… I’m not going to really touch dialogue because there wasn’t any of substance.

Even the driving premise of the movie is silly. Letty wasn’t actually killed in the earlier movie. She was in a coma for a couple days and now suffers from amnesia. Shaw picks her up from the hospital and the two have been committing vehicular-based crime since. Did I mention that this sounds like a soap opera? By the end of the movie, physical dangers or character “deaths” mean nothing to me.

Now, Fast and Furious consistently deals with the idea of family and loyalty. In Furious 6, the conflict is between family and efficiency. Shaw is of the mindset that a team is an accumulation of parts. When one doesn’t work, switch it out for another and repeat this process until you meet with success. Dom, on the other hand, sees his team as his family; he takes their strengths with their weaknesses. One scene, which helps distinguish Letty from her new, villainous crew is when she informs Shaw of a teammate’s death. Shaw simply says, “If he died it is because he made a mistake.” “Is that what you want us to say if that would happen to you,” she bitterly replies. Quite honestly, I don’t blame him. If I was in charge of a team in the high risk and dangerous world of international crime, I would feel more comfortable with this sort of accountability. Besides, by the end of the movie, the family for which Dom and Letty stand ignores the death of a lesser member. I suppose “family” means immediate family.

Do I recommend Furious 6? Negative, Ghost Rider. Go see something else. The chase sequences aren’t enough to justify the ludicrous plot, lame dialog, and sexism.

As I post this, I'd like to make an addendum. I am currently in the process of migrating my reviews from my blogspot site to letterboxd. At this time, it has been two years since I wrote this review and I am having quite the time reflecting upon my writing. I gave this movie a 1.5/5 but I gave the latest film in the franchise a 3.5/5. I certainly have warmed up to the franchise. Maybe I've relaxed in some ways or maybe I went into the movies with a different sate of mind.