Fast & Furious 6

7.1

1. Jul 13, 2013
    It is the sixth entry! Descriptions: Dumb but fun with lots of car crashes and characters you are not interested in or even care about, if you are looking just for fun, but not logic, welcome! BUT if you are looking for something to give you logic, this isn't a movie to enjoy, because it is all about dumb FURIOUS people, driving incredibly FAST cars with dumb crashes and poor story.
  2. May 30, 2013
    The gang is reassembled to help the government (led by Dwayne Johnson) against a villain who's better matched and more modern. Expect plenty of fights and fast cars with even bigger stunts. Unfortunately, much of the action is hard to follow, which is surprising considering it's the same director (Justin Lin). The dialogue and situations are so hokey it's become a parody of itself. OneThe gang is reassembled to help the government (led by Dwayne Johnson) against a villain who's better matched and more modern. Expect plenty of fights and fast cars with even bigger stunts. Unfortunately, much of the action is hard to follow, which is surprising considering it's the same director (Justin Lin). The dialogue and situations are so hokey it's become a parody of itself. One thing that really seemed stupid: these guys are driving like maniacs and still using old school walkies (and tying up one hand). Just so you don't think I’m a snob, I liked 5 much better. Fans aren't picky, so they'll probably dig it, but I thought it was 2 long 2 talky 2 unfocused 6. NOTE: Stay thru the first few credits for a preview of 7. Expand
  3. Jul 31, 2013
    Watched this one in the local multiplex, honestly I am not an avid fanboy of this money-maker franchise, I am even not an advocate of racing vehicles, but the turning point comes when FAST FIVE (2011, 7/10) surprisingly catapults itself into a new level of sensory entertainment with its roller coaster ride and triumphantly revives the series’ mass appeal to a younger generation and hasWatched this one in the local multiplex, honestly I am not an avid fanboy of this money-maker franchise, I am even not an advocate of racing vehicles, but the turning point comes when FAST FIVE (2011, 7/10) surprisingly catapults itself into a new level of sensory entertainment with its roller coaster ride and triumphantly revives the series’ mass appeal to a younger generation and has grossed a series-high income means it has yet overstayed its welcome.

Still helmed by Justin Lin, this 6th sequel reunites all the cast, including one of the “original four” Michelle Rodriguez, whose wacky insomnia and vague backstory stirs the most untenable veneer of the plot if one can excuse the physics-defying action sequences as an utmost drawing power to allure new genre lovers and retain its core audiences. So a large drawback of this one is it is solely made for one’s eyes only, one should completely ignore what is the convoluted plot going on by the villain and his cohorts and plainly indulge oneself in the great stunt work to find it is worth your ticket.

Unequivocally it is a tough job for any writer to create new blood for the franchise since it allows very limited leeway to inspire from the original cast, and due to the aesthetic fatigue, sooner or later, a younger cast must be mustered so as to invigorate a healthy metabolism for the faded set pieces. In this one, the newcomer is a strapping Luke Evans as the main villain, whose temperament presages a brighter future as a leading man candidate in world cinema, but unfortunately this film is not his breakthrough, at most a stepping stone permits him to be seen by more people and hence enlarges his fan base.

Everyone else is pigeonholed with their respective task, Johnson bullies scumbags, Diesel passionlessly sweet-talks with his comeback battle-axe, Walker retreats into a family man, Gibson and Ludacris are the pair of cutups, the ass-kicking martial pro Carano is here for girl fights while Kang and Gadot cannot run away from their functional exit, which plausibly introduce another bankable name as the next villain for the next chapter, due next year and will be transferred to be under the reign of horror-genre whiz James Wan, let’s pray for a miracle to sustain its longevity and if we are lucky enough, a better one next time!
  4. Mar 8, 2014
    Ultimately, not quite as good as "Fast Five", but this film has the same style as the previous film and it's just great. I had fun with this film, simply because it was not just some random car racing with a dull and lame plot.
  5. Sep 9, 2013
    [6.6] A small step back from Fast Five, this movie is more ridiculous, but not always in the best way. From a cop unlawfully deciding to save a criminal all the way to a 28.75 mile long runway, it takes its ridiculousness slightly too seriously which is where it goes wrong. Despite that, the movie is still just as fun as its predecessor. We want less story, more explosions.
  6. May 30, 2013
    1) It has some cool action scenes, but it's kinda it! 2) The narrative of this movie is one big mess. 3) The characters sometimes behaves in odd way! Conclusion it's inferior than parts 1,2,5 "F & F", but ok if you try not to listen to those ridicoulus dialogues
  7. Jun 15, 2013
    I don't like the way, FF is evolving, the orinial story about sreet racing is nearly completle forgotten...
    The only thing good about this Movie is the cast and the soundtrack...
  8. Jun 12, 2013
    All I'll say about this movie is as follows. Vin Diesel performs a flying headbutt. This movie was just too over the top for me. Still a fan of the series overall, but it's getting pretty crazy now.
  9. May 25, 2013
    It's not that the movie was bad, just that it became pretty absurd at points and essentially lost all credibility. Now obviously I expect an element of action not possible in reality but when you've got guys jumping out of cars across a bridge while a tank is exploding and then surviving all the while spitting out lame one liners... But you know the real kicker is the plot... I mean jeeeezIt's not that the movie was bad, just that it became pretty absurd at points and essentially lost all credibility. Now obviously I expect an element of action not possible in reality but when you've got guys jumping out of cars across a bridge while a tank is exploding and then surviving all the while spitting out lame one liners... But you know the real kicker is the plot... I mean jeeeez the plot was just dumb. And my expectations for 'Fast and Furious' movies isn't high. But I think my point is that the first couple in the series didn't have to go to such extreme lows on the intelligence factor regarding the plot/story and over the top with the action to still be very solid. More is not always better and in this case it definitely is not. Expand
  10. Aug 19, 2013
    After watching the new Fast and Furious film I can conclude that just like the others in the series the laws of physics are broken, repeatedly and that once again the heroes of the Fast series are tough as nails and seem to be able to withstand anything thrown at them.

The Fast series is still more aimed on having adrenaline pumping action in comparison to characters which you really feel for and connect with. If they cut out 40% of the fast cut car chases which half the stuff which happens you miss because the camera is to close to the car and focused that time on character building then there’d be a good film.

However despite this I cannot deny I did enjoy myself, I laughed at all the banter and enjoyed the car chases and fight sequences. Although a slightly predictable story it is still and enjoyable film. However I did find myself asking what was the real point of this film, is it really necessary for the sake of the series turns out it is a lead in to the seventh film, that’s right there is another one coming.

Fast 6 does get you going, the film which follows the team trying to take down essentially their exact counterparts in driving ability is an enjoyable watch, although I do ask myself the question of whether they needed to break the laws of physics quite as much as they did. I pose this question because for me personally it really takes me out of the film, would that car really flip that high in the air, would that car really be their? And why have they got a lift which only takes one car at a time, I mean seriously would that not get annoying?

I didn’t expect much acting wise from Fast 6, I expected the same acting I’d seen in other Fast films to which to be brutally honest is never going to achieve awards or big recognition on any acting capabilities Vin Diesel’s constant mumbling of words did annoy me slightly but I think I got most of what he was saying. Despite this though I thought he did an alright job he wasn’t bad but he was nothing special. Same with the female side of the cast the roles being cast on looks and not talent.

All in all if you are looking for a film which will stick with you and perhaps effect the way you look at world, a hard-hitting drama for instance than this is not the film for you. However if you just want to see a film with lots of explosions with your mates and be entertained then check out Fast 6 and you probably won’t be disappointed if that is the case.

Even with this being a weak film, I did enjoy watching it and I will be going to see Fast 7 when it is released, but with no expectations like I watched this one with because without the expectation of a film to be good it can’t let you down.
  11. May 24, 2013
    Most action movies ask you to leave your logic at the door but “Fast and Furious 6” also asks you to check your brains there--if you really want to enjoy it. Having never seen the other 5 chapters I don’t know if the crashed car count has been as high in this one but there is no way you can keep count of how many go flying, turn over, crash into others along with other ways to end a carsMost action movies ask you to leave your logic at the door but “Fast and Furious 6” also asks you to check your brains there--if you really want to enjoy it. Having never seen the other 5 chapters I don’t know if the crashed car count has been as high in this one but there is no way you can keep count of how many go flying, turn over, crash into others along with other ways to end a cars life. You just have to laugh out loud at how the good guys and gals do all sorts of crazy things with their cars and then just drive off as if nothing happened.

Two of the wildest people scenes are when a guys is twisted every which way and he then sits down and starts working on a computer and the other has to be seen showing two people going through the air for many feet, crash onto the windshield break it and walk away without a scratch! The audience just hooted and hollered.

There is somewhat of a plot but you know what will happen as soon as you see the villain with his pencil thin mustache, Luke Evans as Owen Shaw, who wants to dominate the world. His main competition for screen time are the huge arms of Dwayne Johnson which almost seem reluctant to make room for anyone or anything else in one scene after another. The cast is more than up to what is required of them in the acting department with Michelle Rodriguez believable as Letty who has amnesia, Chris Bridges and Tyrese Gibson bringing what intentional humor there is in the screenplay by Chris Morgan, though there is a lot more unintentional humor, along with Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, Sung Kang and the rest of the actors.

Justin Lin directed the film, with a lot of help from special effects, handling cars, airplanes and a tank with the ease of the director photographer, Stephen F. Windon, going around the world. There are chases in London, among many other major cities, starting with 2 cars twisting and turning down a mountain road in the Canary Islands. In “7” he really should put the bad guys/women in black and the good guys/women in white because there are many hand to hand fight scenes that it is hard to tell who is who, not that it makes a difference. Also there is supposedly a HUGE surprise near the end that really doesn’t surprise anyone as it is sort of just thrown away. I thought the music might be a problem after the pounding beat when the movie started but soon the crashes were too loud and too muchto hear any music.

Check your logic, and brains, at the door and go see “Fast And Furious 6” for movie magic! Yes they really do walk away without a scratch after crashing into the windshield.
  12. May 27, 2013
    Fast and Furious 6 starts off awkwardly. You start off slowly, then very quickly, then slowly again. The movie doesn't establish a good flow early on. There really is no acting in this movie, with especially poor jobs done by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Vin Diesel, the strongmen of this movie. Also, some the scenes seem to be edited more than my old thesis papers. On the other hand,Fast and Furious 6 starts off awkwardly. You start off slowly, then very quickly, then slowly again. The movie doesn't establish a good flow early on. There really is no acting in this movie, with especially poor jobs done by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Vin Diesel, the strongmen of this movie. Also, some the scenes seem to be edited more than my old thesis papers. On the other hand, most of the action scenes make you feel like you're chasing Shaw yourself. While the plot is very silly, it will get a few laughs out of you. And the movie keeps you on the end of your seats. So if you're a fan of this franchise, or any action franchise, see it. If you're more into drama or comedy (although this movie has some of each), I suggest you see something else. Expand
  13. Aug 31, 2013
    The only thing that I want to say is that I hate Fast and Furious. I don't understand why people love it. It's horrible. It's terrible!!! It's only wasting of time. Save your money!!!
  14. May 25, 2013
    Overall a fun movie but the locations were not as good as prior movies in the series. The cars were kind of boring as well compared to their earlier movies. The Rock made this movie way better than it would otherwise have been.
  15. Aug 15, 2013
    We all know the Fast and Furious 6 franchise has become less and less about the cars over the series, so there is no point in moaning about that now. As an action packed film, and the occasional race which forcefully became relevant to the story, Fast and Furious 6 is great. However, the realism of this film was just dreadful, Star Wars was more believable when Yoda came back as a ghost. IWe all know the Fast and Furious 6 franchise has become less and less about the cars over the series, so there is no point in moaning about that now. As an action packed film, and the occasional race which forcefully became relevant to the story, Fast and Furious 6 is great. However, the realism of this film was just dreadful, Star Wars was more believable when Yoda came back as a ghost. I noticed three loopholes in the story myself, that's while my friend sat next to me tapping me on the shoulder every 10 seconds to point out another cliché. If you have seen the other films in this series then you can pretty much work out for yourselves what is going to happen. Growing up with this series I really wanted to leave a good review, but I just can't. Overall, if you enjoyed the other films, just want an action packed film and can leave your brain at the door then this movie is great. But it will leave the more hardcore film fan laughing at how they could write and direct a better film in their sleep. Expand
  16. Jun 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Película buena pero se desvían de la trama de las anteriores sobre toda la primera película, es graciosa en muchos sentidos pero nos muestra a un Toretto invencible con el carro y peleando a un Hobbs que en parte le tiene aprecio es la típica película que el protagonista es el que manda por eso le doy un 5 ya que esperaba mas, es exagerado la forma en que se puede apreciar la ciencia ficcion no me convencio y espero que no salga la 7 ya que esta me decepciono Expand
  17. May 18, 2015
    The Fast Furious 6 is a fast fun ride that is surprisingly enjoyable. The film has the same crew and a similar set up as the previous film making it feel less fresh than the previous film but it still is somewhat engaging. Probably due to the film being fast paced and being a ride you get sucked into with fun and creative action scenes especially the climax all of which are well shot andThe Fast Furious 6 is a fast fun ride that is surprisingly enjoyable. The film has the same crew and a similar set up as the previous film making it feel less fresh than the previous film but it still is somewhat engaging. Probably due to the film being fast paced and being a ride you get sucked into with fun and creative action scenes especially the climax all of which are well shot and sleek. The film adopts the saying that if it worked last time it will work this time and some how it does probably because it was executed well with enough of it feeling unique to not feel like a lame retread. The story is paced a lot better not slowing down except for the middle where it feels like the film gets a little too convoluted in reaching its destination. The franchise has found a groove after ditching the street racing. Kind of like the Marvel films its found a groove and mass appeal. If you enjoyed Fast Five you’ll probably like this one as it is quite similar. If not this one won’t win you over its more of the same. Expand
  18. May 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I grow tired of this franchise. I think it is ironic because it is one of my favourite franchises ever, it is not the 'best thing ever' but it was still enjoyable. This movie seems nothing more than a continuity from Fast Five, and everything feels done. No people, just because the movie has more explosions doesn't mean it is 'better.' The character Shaw himself was uninspired, and I suppose Levy losing her memory was the wow factor. The pacing was absurdly slow, and it felt rehashed scenes from Fast and Furious 4 and five were added in (from an action standpoint of course, and the movie gets more ridiculous) with the same cliche ending, except for the post credits. Admittedly the death of Giselle was the sad point, but it wasn't too surprising either.

Luke Hobbs was bold, but the whole story of 'cop teaming up with criminal' was too cliched and had already happened in 2 Fast 2 Furious. Overall Fast and Furious seems to have run its course. The 'shocking' post credits means that the next one has potential, but its needs more of an inspired plot and story, instead of bringing back the characters.
  19. May 18, 2014
    Honestly since Fast & Furious 5 all they care about is selling the characters, not the movie any more. You basically get the same stuff you already seen in the previous parts, with added characters from 5, and Dominics girlfriend.It`s not that the movie is bad, it`s just that it`s more of the same. Fast & Furious 6 gives you no reason to be excited if they make a 7th.
  20. May 27, 2013
    It was very intense and great, with amazing plot and acting, but still not as fast or furious as Fast Five
  21. May 24, 2013
    I was a bit skeptical when Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) was brought back to life, but it does seem the writers managed to at least make a plausible effort to explain her appearance as well as her lack of familiarity with her former comrades. I did not like how it essentially threw cold water on the romance they so keenly plotted out in the previous movie, but I guess that is what happensI was a bit skeptical when Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) was brought back to life, but it does seem the writers managed to at least make a plausible effort to explain her appearance as well as her lack of familiarity with her former comrades. I did not like how it essentially threw cold water on the romance they so keenly plotted out in the previous movie, but I guess that is what happens when you don't have consistency in writing staff.
    Overall the movie is about what I expected from a new Fast and Furious, lots of action, light on plot, and light on character development. The cast all reprise their roles as the tough guy, the smart guy, the savvy guy, etc. and the two who contributed the least were just dropped off the roster. I harken the last movie (Fast 5) to something like Ocean's 13 meets the Italian Job. This movie is something more like Die Hard 5 meets Tomorrow Never Dies.
    The plot is hardly plausible and ludicrously flimsy at best. Even my 12 year old nephew was throwing wrenches into the supposed master criminal plan that "Dom's Crew" must thwart and the alleged pay-off for said services.
    For its flimsy plot, sub standard character development, and over the top action it gets the lower rating. However it does what it tries to do well enough to make it a worthwhile film. I regret seeing it in a theater though as it is definitely not a blockbuster and more of a Saturday night rental. The car sequences are too few and far between as well as being somewhat ludicrous (a flip car? really? wouldn't a really hardcore driver be able to just AVOID the cars and not need to turn them into projectiles to evade pursuit, you know like they did in the first movie?). There is plenty of fisticuffs with Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson flexing his bulging muscles he acquired from "Pain & Gain" and of course Vin Diesel always throwing down the headbutt. It has action and it is good action, it just suffers because of the plot and story don't make any of the action make sense and the lack of character development makes all the other characters seem like filler, even Letty who they worked so hard to write into the story.
    All in all I can't say its a bad movie, but I will say I don't like it as much as the previous movie or the First movie. The franchise has come a long way, but it seems to have lost it's way and that may be mainly due to the fact that the continuity has to be extended. When they began they were poor thugs looking to make bank, but now they are essentially superstar underground criminals who have to keep one-upping their own antics. I look forward to a possible reboot or at least some more street racing from this franchise in the future.
  22. May 31, 2013
    As a fan of neither fast cars or muscle bulging men (A style i wish had died in the 80s). I believe this film is my ideal of hell, don't get me wrong i love a fluid action sequence yet i feel in the modern era of cinema watching cars is abit boring. However during the final act even i was partially mesmerised, yet i still felt the film achieved nothing more than low stimulation.

What

What was one of the films selling points was the idea that they had gathered most of the key players from the past few movies together creating a family feel like seeing those distance relatives again, yet they fell into action movie stereotypes and lost their novelty during the second act.
  23. May 25, 2013
    FAST AND FURIOUS 6

Fast and Furious 6 stars Vin Diesel (The Chronicles of Riddick), Dwayne Johnson (G.I. Joe: Retaliation), and Paul Walker (Fast & Furious). In this one, Agent Hobbs (Johnson) recruits Dominic Torreto (Diesel) and his gang to help track down a criminal named Owen Shaw, played by Luke Evans (The Raven). Shaw specializes in "vehicular warfare", so obviously there would
    FAST AND FURIOUS 6

In this one, Agent Hobbs (Johnson) recruits Dominic Torreto (Diesel) and his gang to help track down a criminal named Owen Shaw, played by Luke Evans (The Raven). Shaw specializes in "vehicular warfare", so obviously there would be no one better to have on the case than the Fast and Furious crew.

If you are a fan of this series, then surely you have come to expect the cheesy lines, bad acting, and farfetched, if not, impossible, action sequences. These are the main reasons why I'm not a fan. Without giving away too much, I do feel the need to mention a scene that takes place on a runway. After a while, I thought, this runway has to be about 30 miles long in order to accomplish all that is taking place. It was laughable.

Okay, now that I have that out of my system, I'll try to focus on the positives.

The cars are awesome and there are some exciting chase scenes, big stunts, and some decent action and fight sequences. There is also some good comic relief, most of which came from the characters played by Tyrese Gibson (Four Brothers) and Ludacris (2 Fast 2 Furious). I thought that Luke Evans, by far, gave the best performance in the movie and come on, who doesn't like to see Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson kick some ass?

Look, the fans of this series will love this movie and I think it's going to be a big box office hit. One other thing, be sure to stick around for the credits. You'll be glad you did.

My grade for this film: C

To view a breakdown of my grading scale, go to: facebook.com/CriticWes
    To view my movie blog, go to: http://www.mix93.com/pages/16393587.php?
  24. Dec 13, 2014
    It's starting to become a little tiresome, but it still makes for enjoyable viewing. The weak story is overlooked due to the return of the characters we have become so accustomed to. The speed machine of a franchise is able to insinuate excitement as usual. But this instalment just doesn't feel significant. The series is starting to feel more like a collection of re-releases aimed at ourIt's starting to become a little tiresome, but it still makes for enjoyable viewing. The weak story is overlooked due to the return of the characters we have become so accustomed to. The speed machine of a franchise is able to insinuate excitement as usual. But this instalment just doesn't feel significant. The series is starting to feel more like a collection of re-releases aimed at our pockets more than anything. Expand
  25. Jul 13, 2013
    An unrealistic action packed film with some scenes that cannot happen in real life. However it enjoys the audience and will make you laugh with its moments. Nothing else to say...
  26. Jun 17, 2013
    Fast 6 is good and watchable but not as fast nor furious as Fast Five which was amazing, although in comparison it beats Fast Five in action sequences, but in story, No. It is also (as always) exciting and chilling to watch, Fast 6 isn't bad but definitely it is not enough nor perfect.
  27. Jul 12, 2013
    Look, if you don't know what you're in for by now, I don't think there's any point. Fast & Furious 6 is exactly what it should be. It's idiotic beyond belief. It have terrible scripting, terrible acting, and, for the most part, terribly and predictably moronic driving. But did you really expect anything else? Really?
    It's dumb fun. I can't really understand how anyone could pay money for
    It's dumb fun. I can't really understand how anyone could pay money for this movie and expect it to be anything other than what it is. There are no illusions here it doesn't even try to fool you and really, that's part of its charm.
  28. Jan 8, 2014
    ::laughing:: Of course it's stupid but it's fun. There are so many ridiculous things that happen you really need a well-developed sense of humor to truly enjoy this film. It's worth a buck and a quarter rental as long as you don't expect it to make any sense at all.
  29. Oct 12, 2014
    Good,entertaining and awesome, the sixth Fast & Furious movie had something that other movies in the franchise didn't have.......it had a plane stunt!

1. Reviewed by: Steven Boone
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fast 6 is solid entertainment, but it might have been great if it recognized that a human touch is a rare thing, and when you have it, there's no need to keep clenching it into a fist.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jun 3, 2013
    Diesel, of course, slots into the Fast and Furious films as neatly as a dip-stick. Not only does his name remind you of the stuff you pump into a car; when he opens his mouth, he actually sounds like a car. [3 June 2013, p.74]
    The driving in the film is a thing of beauty.