6.5

1. kgm
    Apr 6, 2009
    The first scene sets the tone for this inane, over-the-top, pure nonsense. The crew is in the Dominican Republic trying to hijack an oil tanker. Come on now, it
  2. ChantelV.
    Sep 20, 2009
    They really tried to make the film more than just a racer, but it couldn't keep my attention span for more than 10 minutes at a time, I kept looking for something else to do. The tunnel racing was nicely done, but that's about the only highlight for me.
  3. BenC
    Apr 15, 2009
    Just wanted to say to Pat E that it actually was set in Dominican Republic if you could read the subtitles at the bottom. On topic this one is the worst yet, rent tokyo drift, its much better.
  4. ChadS.
    Apr 3, 2009
    Oh, great. Not only is Dominic Toretto(Vin Diesel) fast and furious, now he's smart, too. At a crash site, the fugitive of the law recreates a potential crime scene with all the authority of Steven Seagal collecting water samples for the Environmental Protection Agency in Felix Enriquez Alcala's "Fire Down Below". Dominic studies the tread marks, digs into the broken gravel with Oh, great. Not only is Dominic Toretto(Vin Diesel) fast and furious, now he's smart, too. At a crash site, the fugitive of the law recreates a potential crime scene with all the authority of Steven Seagal collecting water samples for the Environmental Protection Agency in Felix Enriquez Alcala's "Fire Down Below". Dominic studies the tread marks, digs into the broken gravel with his index finger, and he knows. He knows! It's-s-s...mur-r-r-der... When Dominic isn't busy being smart, or haunted by the ramifications of his investigative detective work, he kills the pain by doing what he does best, driving fast cars with a furious essentiality. In an organized race through urban roadways jammed with other cars, "Fast and Furious" is at its most ridiculous when Dominic and the other "Fast and the Furious" alumnist Brian O'Conner(Paul Walker), a cop, no less, weave in and out of traffic at high speeds with two more racers, seemingly oblivious to the fact that there's people behind those wheels. This car race scene has such a video game mentality, it exists outside of the film, superceding your garden variety spectacles in other action films, because the good guys(Dominic and Brian) never acknowledge the potential loss of life that ensues after a collision. During the race, they stop being people. They're ciphers in a video game. Quite pointedly, we never see the P.O.V. of the innocent motorists as the racers whizz pass their windows. We're not supposed to, since Dominic and Brian drive as if the other vehicles are automatic machines. Expand
  5. ChrisV
    Apr 7, 2009
    Well, what can i say of this film?? uhhmmm.. its just so, overdone, i mean, everything is so ridiculous, and oversold, i mean, if vin diesel wanted a fell more millions he could just robbed a bank and it could be less embaryssing than this movie, i mean, the story is flat, and the ending is like, ok, another one?? Damn...
  6. AlexH.
    Jun 5, 2009
    Ahh, why does Hollywood keep coming with these poorly written, horribly casted, weekend grossing movies. Fast and Furious is a movie with no point, no acting and no sense.
  7. ManuelR.
    Jul 9, 2009
    It lacks of a well based plot, losses all waht F&F was all about which if i remind you, it was the races, in this one we have one and it was horribly filled with Japanese graphics.
  8. DannyF
    Apr 10, 2009
    Since we can't give negative scores this was the only logical score i could give. The worst acting ever seen, the worst story ever. Every event turn out to be less logical than a man marruing a jellyfish. All the answer came out from nowhere. Why do Brian knew who was the culprit without anyone telling him about it?. In the church (the most ridiculous scene in the movie); Why do Since we can't give negative scores this was the only logical score i could give. The worst acting ever seen, the worst story ever. Every event turn out to be less logical than a man marruing a jellyfish. All the answer came out from nowhere. Why do Brian knew who was the culprit without anyone telling him about it?. In the church (the most ridiculous scene in the movie); Why do Brian hang a pistol when the other one was using a shootgun?. Please god, I BEG YOU, Don't ever let another F&F film be made ever again. Collapse
  9. KurtH
    Apr 12, 2009
    I have to ask. How do movies like this keep getting made. It is utterly absurd to remotely consider this film art, good, or even average. This movie was the same movie that we have seen the past 3 times. Please stop beating this overly dead horse.
  10. IRightfully
    Apr 6, 2009
    Weak nonsense. To be fair though, what more can you expect from a movie starring Vin Diesel? I admit I am slightly worried for Lopez, if this is to be considered art, what has become of modern cinema? It's alright though, because while this may provide a few laughs and some entertainment, it is certainly not art.
  11. CocoBunny
    Jun 22, 2009
    One of the only movies I've ever walked out on. I see these for the cars, and they didn't even give us enough of those! Horrible acting, terrible special effects (the CGI tanker explosion looks like it was pulled from a cheaply-made video game--not a feature film), and did I mention the horrible acting? Shut up and race some cars already!
  12. RyanS
    Jul 30, 2009
    Boring. Excruciatingly boring. You keep waiting for the action sequences, but when they happen they're almost as bad as the rest of the movie.
  13. Jul 27, 2011
    Movies arnt good because they entertain dumb people for 2 hours and they arnt good because they feature cool cars or paid models to show their legs and cleavage. Given the opportunity of having the originally cast back for another shot, Fast and Furious stumbles to give us anything the audience hasnt seen in previous instalments.There is little here that is very cool or sexy. The action isMovies arnt good because they entertain dumb people for 2 hours and they arnt good because they feature cool cars or paid models to show their legs and cleavage. Given the opportunity of having the originally cast back for another shot, Fast and Furious stumbles to give us anything the audience hasnt seen in previous instalments.There is little here that is very cool or sexy. The action is only mildly thrilling, the characters dull, the villains lame and the story forgettable. Expand
  14. Oct 12, 2014
    A combination of action and a more detailed story,with no talent or effort put into it at all! Fast & Furious is complete garbage,yet important to the franchise.

1. It offers an attractive getaway route from self-importance, snark, and chatty comedies about male bonding. Here, stick shifts do the talking.
  2. Reviewed by: Nicolas Rapold
    Fast & Furious reconfirms that car-chase movies--good, bad, or mediocre--all assume the future employment of the quaint old fast-forward button.
    I admire the craft involved, but the movie leaves me profoundly indifferent. After three earlier movies in the series, which have been transmuted into video games, why do we need a fourth one? Oh. I just answered my own question.