New Line Cinema | Release Date: March 17, 2000
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 469 Ratings
Watch Now
axelkochApr 20, 2013
I really think this movie has a great story to start with. But what James Wong made out of this story is just sad. And with sad I mean sad in a way of “How could you transform such a nice story in a movie as bad as this?”. It's not that typeI really think this movie has a great story to start with. But what James Wong made out of this story is just sad. And with sad I mean sad in a way of “How could you transform such a nice story in a movie as bad as this?”. It's not that type of movie where everything is bad, I have to say that the score created fine suspense, the acting was really not as bad as I expected, and there were some good shots in. Yet, the screenplay. HOW BAD WAS THIS SCREENPLAY? I'm honestly surprised that it didn't receive credit at the Golden Raspberry Awards. I mean, the ending of this movie was so illogical and stupid. I wasn't expecting a good screenplay, but this was just too much for me. And, oh, the dialogue. There were dialogue parts in this movie that created a new unit of stupidity. This movie is actually the best example if you want to prove that the screenplay is the most important part of the movie because with an at least okay screenplay this film would've been a lot better, but it's just totally like this. Being entertained by people getting killed is sick in any case but if you are entertained by a movie as bad as this, you seriously need some help. Expand
cameronmorewoodNov 12, 2012
Teen horror-thrillers can be great, but when they're so humorless to begin with, and then so ultimately lifeless, they don't work. Final Destination takes itself way too seriously, especially considering the plausibility levels of its premise.
MovieLonely94Sep 5, 2011
Horror movies from the 80s were very popular these days, but when more horror movies appear except when they're not good, this is the only horror franchise that I'm starting to hate, starting with this one. Do you know what it's like? It'sHorror movies from the 80s were very popular these days, but when more horror movies appear except when they're not good, this is the only horror franchise that I'm starting to hate, starting with this one. Do you know what it's like? It's like trying to ride a skateboard, but when every once in a while you get some scraps on your hands or knees, you'd rather ditch skateboarding and go do something else and that's this movie.

Pros: Devon's Sawa's performance was a lot of fun, the death scenes were very realistic, and the premise was very interesting.

Cons: The story was predictable, the characters aren't as interesting as toast, the music score was completely forgettable, the comedy was unfunny, and the pacing was so boring even the director himself couldn't possibly make this enjoyable.

If any of you really like the series, then go ahead and watch this. Otherwise, stick to Halloween, Friday The 13th, or A Nightmare on Elm Street. Heck, there are a lot of good horror movies out there, for crying out loud!

GrahamMNov 16, 2005
Garbage, makes no sense, and is just moronic!
2 of 3 users found this helpful