Flightplan

5.5

1. BitBurn
    Oct 11, 2005
    I thought this was very good entertainment, indeed. I'm not sure what the problem is with some of those critics, and what they didn't like but buff'em! Jodie was excellent, as usual. Good balance between action, suspense and great storyline.
  2. GeneH.
    Oct 5, 2005
    Nothing extraordinary, but clearly not as bad as some reviewers are making it sound. I loved the fact that not a single dirty word was used; Foster's acting was superb!
  3. Amanda
    Jan 7, 2006
    I think this was the best movie i have ever seen sence i was a little kid i think this is a 2 time movie every one should go see it.
  4. TonyL
    Oct 2, 2005
    A good actress can sell a bad movie. Jodie did it for me. I wish that Erica C. would have been given a bigger role in this picture.
  5. Rev.Rikard
    Oct 8, 2005
    Jodie Foster is "mother panic" in movies like Flightplan and Panic Room. She is quite believable in these roles. The movie is initially captivating as it places the viewer in the same position employed in Ron Howard's "A Beautiful Mind." In Flightplan we actually begin to believe we may be participating in a schizophrenic break from reality. Sadly, we are rapidly brought back into Jodie Foster is "mother panic" in movies like Flightplan and Panic Room. She is quite believable in these roles. The movie is initially captivating as it places the viewer in the same position employed in Ron Howard's "A Beautiful Mind." In Flightplan we actually begin to believe we may be participating in a schizophrenic break from reality. Sadly, we are rapidly brought back into the reality of a predictable plot and "Hollywoodesque" ending. The stereotyping of Arabs is too important an issue to assign to the few scenes allocated in this movie. This issue would have been better served with these scenes on the editiing room floor. They were obviously forced into the plot to reveal how easily we engage in stereotypical behavior. If I were an Arab these scenes would cause me to leave the theater feeling as though the dangerous harrassment I often experience could be easily erradicated if "I" offered the offender their purse." Either deal with the issue in an informative, intriguing manner or let another film bring it to life. This feeble attempt still left me wondering if "they" (an often dangerous word) were still connected to the abduction. This film had enough fuel to hold my interest. Still, Flightplan never reached the altitude potentially possible through Foster's fine acting. Expand
  6. BillC.
    Oct 11, 2005
    A better movie than I would have thought after reading some of the more negative postings. I didn't feel betrayed by the end, nor did I find it as implausible as most action movies are. It almost felt like a female version of a "Die Hard" script, or "Panic Room "on a plane. Bill C.
  7. JobA.
    Oct 11, 2005
    I was impressed wiyh this movie.There could of been a little polishing up though before it was released,but overall it was a good movie.
  8. marshall
    Oct 15, 2005
    I looooved it! it was amazing, i would have given it a 10, but there was one sequence that didn't make any sense, but nonetheless, a great thriller.
  9. johnnyg.
    Oct 18, 2005
    This movie was great id go see it if i were u.
  10. J-Bo
    Sep 23, 2005
    I've spent a lot worse 88 minutes in a theater before. Here we get decent acting (down to the passengers three rows to the left of our star), tight editing, moments of tension that spring from implausible situations, and a dynamite leading performance from Foster. Why is this movie getting blasted for showing too much in the previews when Red Eye did the exact same thing?
  11. DougL.
    Sep 23, 2005
    Brilliant photography, very suspenseful and excellent acting. Jodie Foster is superb!
  12. CaitlinB.
    Sep 24, 2005
    This movie "Flightplan" was very good. The forshadowing will change throughout the movie. For example your thoughts will probaly be they did, or he/she did, or her daghter was just never on the plane. As the ending draws near you will begin to understand the begining. The reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10 is they could have made the begining clearer. It will definatly appeal to all This movie "Flightplan" was very good. The forshadowing will change throughout the movie. For example your thoughts will probaly be they did, or he/she did, or her daghter was just never on the plane. As the ending draws near you will begin to understand the begining. The reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10 is they could have made the begining clearer. It will definatly appeal to all mothers. After seeing this movie they will all keep a closer eye on their children. Has some funny scenes. The movie was not scarry, It was suspenceful. Will not give you nightmares. Expand
  13. TylerH.
    Sep 24, 2005
    I think it was great movie. I loved how the author put many twisteds in their. It keep the mind thinking.
  14. BrianF.
    Sep 26, 2005
    It certainly deserves higher ratings than the critics have given it. Top-notch acting, a couple of nice plot twists and excellent camerawork all make up for a couple of stretches in credibility.
  15. Peter
    Jan 29, 2006
    How does this movie not rate higher than Red Eye? I have to think its hurting from being the second of the two released; while both are far-fetched, at least Flight Plan doesn't disclose the entire setup in the first ten minutes, and manages to navigate its unlikely scenario more convincingly than Red Eye.
  16. WilliamA.
    Jan 29, 2006
    Great suspense. Never would have guessed the outcome in amillion years. Jodie Foster and supporting cast are terrific. See this movie.
  17. WallyS.
    Dec 8, 2005
    The top-notch performance by Foster only helps the movie become more riveting and suspensful, sure there are plot holes, but the direction is unique and the climax doesn't dissapoint.
  18. JoeC.
    Sep 25, 2005
    Solid.
  19. KyleL.
    Feb 13, 2006
    The action built while the movie went along, but a lot of it was pretty unrealistic. The best part was the suspision, which didnt last too long. I gave it a higher grade because it served its purpose...to give you unexpected results.
  20. MickLovesAvrilLavigne
    Dec 14, 2005
    Edge of your seat thriller - brilliant!!!
  21. Sep 3, 2012
    There are some questions to be answered in order to make this movie make complete sense, but I found it incredibly interesting to watch. Gripping and suspenseful. Even in doubt, you are on Foster's side. Finally a thriller mystery that doesn't end with the person being crazy!!!
  22. May 31, 2015
    The plots kicks in and works the actors are on key and believe able. Jodie Foster is trying and her heroism is on edge and gives a captivating performance. The script has a few issues some characters are off, I did not believe that Peter Sarsgaard was an air marshal; also Kate Beahan as the villian's side kick was terrible and the people on the plane were rude. The way director RobertThe plots kicks in and works the actors are on key and believe able. Jodie Foster is trying and her heroism is on edge and gives a captivating performance. The script has a few issues some characters are off, I did not believe that Peter Sarsgaard was an air marshal; also Kate Beahan as the villian's side kick was terrible and the people on the plane were rude. The way director Robert Schwentke behind the camera is like Alfred Hitchcock, the cinematography by Florian Ballhaus is impressive and unique. Grade A- Expand
  23. May 23, 2016
    This movie was absolutely amazing. So good that in the beginning I started to think that Jodie's character was experiencing some type of anxiety.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-1897-Flightplan

But coming on the heels of "Red Eye," which is nothing if not an efficient thrill machine, Flightplan can only look conspicuously flat by comparison.
  2. A thriller of passive virtues, the steely intensity of Jodie Foster notwithstanding. It's not too violent. It's not assaultive. Even James Horner's music plays it cool.
  3. Sean Bean makes a positive impression as the caring but puzzled captain of the flight, though Peter Sarsgaard flies at half-mast as a clumsy air marshal.