7.2

1. Jun 1, 2012
    This is an exceptional film that clearly portraits in less than 3 hours the war for religious freedom in Mexico. If you did not experience the cruelty of the government against our people, our ancestors, in my case Anacleto Gonzalez Flores, and of all our relatives and beloved priests and children getting killed for practicing their religion, you will not understand this film. This is the best that could be done in less than 3 hours. I STRONGLY recommend this film. It was very close to reality. It was a bloody struggle, of course!! a bloody battle that the Mexican government of that time initiated. WE, the audience, LOVED IT!!!!! THUMBS UP!!!!!!! Expand
  2. Jun 2, 2012
    Is the best movie I have ever seen about recent history.
    Show us how the gov secular and atheist of Mexico wants to destroy Catholic Church.
    Is an epic and emotive movie.
    Inspirational, with real heroes, and martyrs.
  3. Jun 3, 2012
    this is a spectacular movie , full of courage/ truth/ freedom & RELIGIOUS FREEDOM...
    ACTING IS OUTSTANDING & ANDY GARCIA IS THE TRUMP CARD...a very wonderful, charismatic actor that we miss not seeing much more of.../ excellent in directing & story ....wish there were many more of these movies available for us to enjoy../ THE CRITICS ARE SO OFF BASE & IDIOITIC & LEFT WINGED, THAT
    IT IS A JOKE TO EVEN LISTENT TO THEM..../ THEY SHOULD ALL BE FIRED...UGHHH
    ***DONT MISS --FOR GREATER GLORY--- IT IS THE ULTIMATE MOVIE.....
  4. Jun 7, 2012
    Amazing and deep movie. Some parts are rather sad, but it depicts the realistic pain that comes with war. Quite inspirational, to think it was based off history.
  5. Jun 8, 2012
    Totally agree with you buddyjan. This movie was outstanding...no matter what the critics say. Please, please, please people go and support this movie and send Hollywood and all the left wing media a strong message. We will not support their idea of entertainment!
  6. Jun 8, 2012
    One of the best films I've ever seen!! Everyone in the audience was moved, laughed, cried, then applauded at the end. It's an sweeping epic masterpiece, they don't make movies like this much anymore, what a great time!!
  7. Jun 8, 2012
    You must see this movie.With great performances, writing and photography you're guaranteed to love this film whilst being informed on a near forgotten era of Mexico's history.
  8. Jun 8, 2012
    The combination of stunning cinematography, a breathtaking score and inspired performances by a terrific cast, Dean Wright's directorial debut sets him up for a future of continued greatness. I will be happy to watch anything he puts forward, especially if they are as wonderful as this.
  9. Jun 23, 2012
    This was a inspirational TRUE story. I believe the newspaper movie critics are jaded. I enjoyed every minute. I am happy to see so many people of Mexican descent writing great reviews. This parallels what happened in France when the hard working, God and neighbor loving Catholics of the Vendee where murdered for defending their faith. Our Lady of Guadelupe is our protector. She is for all the Americas North, South and central. Long live Christ the King!!!!!!!!! Expand
  10. Jul 15, 2012
    It is powerful, moving and keeps you wanting to watch more. Interesting direction in the opening and climactic battle scenes. Awesome film and should stay on every shelf in every house.
  11. Sep 22, 2012
    A great story of the fight for liberty against corporate and foreign interests. It takes place in the early 1900's They did a great job on the acting and fight scenes. I highly recommend.
  12. May 14, 2013
    ''possibly the best andy garcia movie. a very underrated film lots of gun action great acting superb cast its so worth a watch its truly an instant classic''

1. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Jun 4, 2012
    The film's length and muddled message will likely keep it from reaching much of an audience, even within the presumed Latino faith-based target.
  2. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick
    Jun 1, 2012
    The sometimes painfully sincere and slow-moving For Greater Glory clearly aspires to be inspirational, but history won't cooperate. The Cristeros triumphed not because of their faith, but because the United States exerted diplomatic pressure to protect its oil interests in Mexico.
  3. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    May 31, 2012
    The sort of lumbering epic drama that went out of fashion by the late 1960s, For Greater Glory is mainly notable for shedding light on a little-known historical conflict, namely the Cristero War that took place in 1920s Mexico.