8.8

1. Aug 25, 2011
    A thought crossed my mind many years after viewing this picture: Forrest Gump cannot succeed as a sentimental message picture, because it's message is irresponsible. It is a message of ignorance through bliss, the idea that life would be inherently easier without our pesky brains and ideas. Hanks plays his role as best he could, but the film mistakes a remarkably sad existence for a happy one.
  2. Oct 5, 2014
    Stupid saccharine coated fantasy drivel that makes morons root for somebody less fortunate. This movie is literally for retards only! The charm and innocence of the main character sends the wrong message about the bliss of ignorance. Typical Hollywood **** that takes people away from the reality they have to live in.
  3. Mar 12, 2012
    I hate this movie with all my life.
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    The worst film ever made. How could it be consider better then "The Shawshank Redemption" No sense at all. How could it be better then Pulp Fiction No, not at all. I prefer "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" then "Forest Dumb"!

Zemeckis, an undisputed master of film technology, shows off an equal aptitude for vivid storytelling.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Manages the difficult feat of being an intimate, even delicate tale played with an appealingly light touch against an epic backdrop.
  3. It's most successful when it is being off-center, a state of grace it doesn't quite have the nerve to maintain. [6 July 1994, Calendar, p. F-1]