5.0

1. K.Miller
    Feb 17, 2006
    At the end of the movie, I felt like the movie theater should have been paying me to watch it, not the other way around. The movie was filled with a number of different stories and left most of them unfinished. Even the acting left me dissapointed. As my boyfriend said on the way home, the only good thing about the movie was Samuel L. Jackson's eyeglasses. (You'll see what I At the end of the movie, I felt like the movie theater should have been paying me to watch it, not the other way around. The movie was filled with a number of different stories and left most of them unfinished. Even the acting left me dissapointed. As my boyfriend said on the way home, the only good thing about the movie was Samuel L. Jackson's eyeglasses. (You'll see what I mean if you choose to watch it-but hopefully you won't.) Expand
  2. TheWhiskeyMan
    Awful!
  3. TomB.
    Feb 27, 2006
    Here's why I can honestly say this movie was terrible: I went by myself, on a whim, and I had absolutely never heard of this movie or what it was about. And it's just really, really bad. One good scene with Edie Falco and one good scene between Julianne Moore and Sam Jackson get a point each. But this movie doesn't know what it's trying to say and makes poor black Here's why I can honestly say this movie was terrible: I went by myself, on a whim, and I had absolutely never heard of this movie or what it was about. And it's just really, really bad. One good scene with Edie Falco and one good scene between Julianne Moore and Sam Jackson get a point each. But this movie doesn't know what it's trying to say and makes poor black people look pretty stupid. A waste of time and money; don't bother with it. Expand
  4. RayM.
    Mar 2, 2006
    It wasn't that this movie was bad...it was just boring. Marcus C hit the nail on the head: it felt like a made for TV movie. The scenes were constantly repeated and only inched the story forward. After I found out the ending, I thought "I waded through all this for THIS?" No twists and turns, no underlying message or theme.
  5. RyanP.
    Jul 27, 2006
    It takes good actors like Julianne Moore and Samuel L. Jackson to have the guts to try and promote this garbage before it came out. I decided to pass on this on in the theaters thank God. Don't torture your DVD player by making it play this movie for you. It's just plain awful!
  6. Brennan
    Feb 17, 2006
    Rarely will a movie inspire me to write a few words about it. There is a scene in this movie in which Julianne Moore is screaming in agony at the top of her lungs for minutes. This pretty much sums up my feelings about this movie. Half of the theater laughed all the way through the movie while the other half slept.
  7. MarcusC.
    Feb 22, 2006
    Two great actors, one terrible movie. Although, Julianne Moore does pull off a few geat scenes, this movie can't even live up to made-for-TV status. Felt more like 3 movies crammed together, all of them bad. What's this film trying to say? Is it a social commentary? A thriller? Who knows! More importantly, don't waste your money trying to find out. Don't even rent this one.
  8. AdamG
    May 17, 2007
    The movie never seemed to go anywhere or accomplish anything; it simply had nothing to prove. Small amounts of activity/action combined with exhaustively long "talks" from Samuel and company along with a boring storyline make this movie intolerable.

1. The film is, above all, a moving portrait of hurting souls, brought to life in compelling performances.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Despite a few raw moments, pic feels like a Lifetime movie with a marquee cast.
    Only Edie Falco, appearing as a bereft mother leading a citizen's group that searches for missing children, suggests the great film that Freedomland might have been.