7.0

1. Sep 15, 2014
    A solid crime drama that strangely is not getting a wider release. A great cast really lifts this movie up. It also has some great semi-unknown actors such as Marilyn Rising that really bring heart into the story. It is a great movie that hopefully people will notice.
  2. Nov 14, 2014
    Frontera starts strong, good acting, characters and a compelling story. But somehow it deflated after the first 45 minutes or so. Possibly because, while it began with some surprises, it eventually became predictable and no one person or situation had enough juice to propel the viewer along. At least not for me. I wish I could give it a better rating, but in the end I barely finishedFrontera starts strong, good acting, characters and a compelling story. But somehow it deflated after the first 45 minutes or so. Possibly because, while it began with some surprises, it eventually became predictable and no one person or situation had enough juice to propel the viewer along. At least not for me. I wish I could give it a better rating, but in the end I barely finished watching it and ended up doing other stuff while it played - not a good sign. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Christy Lemire
    Sep 5, 2014
    A well-cast, well-made, well-acted drama that you will probably forget about soon after you’ve seen it.
  2. Reviewed by: Stephen Holden
    Sep 4, 2014
    Frontera settles into a shallow, unconvincing drama with two heroes.
  3. Reviewed by: Betsy Sharkey
    Sep 4, 2014
    In trying to create a balanced portrait of the conflicts and the ordinary people affected by them, director Michael Berry, who co-wrote the screenplay with Luis Moulinet III, chips away at the authenticity and intensity that an issue-driven film like this sorely needs.