7.6

1. Apr 6, 2012
    I absolutey love this film! This is a psychological thriller -although not psychologically challenging- that will keep you in suspense from the beginning to the end. Things start slowly and they build up little by little. I know this movie can be very disturbing for some, perhaps even unbearable; but others will get caught, haunted by it. We should also consider that this is not a movie that aims to teach you something. Not at all! After all, that is not the purpose of a movie -or at least this type of movies-, the 'lesson' you get from a movie is an extra! Nevertheless, if a movie moves you, and makes you feel strong, deep emotions -either positive or negative- then, there has to be something special and/or great about that film. I did feel this movie, intensely!. Undoubtedly, the reactions that people have about Funny Games, are antagonistic, but many, as myself, probably feel that this is a movie to keep at home, in our collection! One thing I celebrate about this movie, is the ending....it says 'bye' to predictable, happy endings;not that there is something wrong with happy endings, but it is good to see something different every now and then. A solid 9, for sure! Expand
  2. Mar 30, 2014
    This movie knows what it wants to be and supports everything about itself. If you love movies with sarcastic evil funny characters and an interesting idea, this is for you.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    Mar 20, 2013
    The film is merciless in its depiction of death and suffering, Pitt and Corbet are perfectly cast, and Watts, who also served as executive producer, gives a disturbingly raw performance.
  2. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Mar 19, 2013
    Brutal, sadistic yet well-made statement about how violence is portrayed in media and our reaction to it.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Mar 19, 2013
    In the end, the difference between "Funny Games" and Hollywood schlock horror may only be a matter of breeding. Funny Games is "Saw IV" with a PhD.