Warner Independent Pictures (WIP) | Release Date: March 14, 2008
7.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 76 Ratings
WATCH NOW
RegOzApr 6, 2012
I absolutey love this film! This is a psychological thriller -although not psychologically challenging- that will keep you in suspense from the beginning to the end. Things start slowly and they build up little by little. I know this movieI absolutey love this film! This is a psychological thriller -although not psychologically challenging- that will keep you in suspense from the beginning to the end. Things start slowly and they build up little by little. I know this movie can be very disturbing for some, perhaps even unbearable; but others will get caught, haunted by it. We should also consider that this is not a movie that aims to teach you something. Not at all! After all, that is not the purpose of a movie -or at least this type of movies-, the 'lesson' you get from a movie is an extra! Nevertheless, if a movie moves you, and makes you feel strong, deep emotions -either positive or negative- then, there has to be something special and/or great about that film. I did feel this movie, intensely!. Undoubtedly, the reactions that people have about Funny Games, are antagonistic, but many, as myself, probably feel that this is a movie to keep at home, in our collection! One thing I celebrate about this movie, is the ending....it says 'bye' to predictable, happy endings;not that there is something wrong with happy endings, but it is good to see something different every now and then. A solid 9, for sure! Expand
LeonCarterMar 30, 2014
This movie knows what it wants to be and supports everything about itself. If you love movies with sarcastic evil funny characters and an interesting idea, this is for you.
DanielSolanoDec 26, 2013
I think its name is "Funny Games" because is the film the one is playing with the watcher. Some parts of the movie are very boring, but is very realistic in so many ways.
ReliablePeerOct 11, 2014
This is a twisted piece of social commentary which test the audience's patience in a way I feel is beneficial to the film. All the characters are well played and there is a real sense of tension throughout.

Not an easy watch, and not one

Not an easy watch, and not one to watch while in a good mood, but a very gripping film regardless.
SWBYJul 7, 2016
I find it funny that the original and this shot for shot remake with better actors had such different reception, both are terrific dark comedies with the same exact everything, and yet, the lesser minded often dismiss this great piece ofI find it funny that the original and this shot for shot remake with better actors had such different reception, both are terrific dark comedies with the same exact everything, and yet, the lesser minded often dismiss this great piece of cinema as pointless garbage, these people should stop watching movies.This is easily the best dark comedy of all time, an imaginative look at the philosophy of chaos. Expand