Picturehouse Entertainment | Release Date: November 10, 2006
5.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 41 Ratings
WATCH NOW
1jesper1Oct 9, 2010
Though a mesmerizing performances by Nicole Kidman and beautiful aestesthics, the movie lacks that extra spark that would make it a memorable biopic. Instead it's just one in the bunch.
BillyS.Dec 4, 2006
Don't get me wrong, Fur is a good love story. Nicole Kidman is, as always, wonderful. Robert Downey Jr. is well on his way back to the higher echelons of actors working today, and in Fur he gives his bravest performance to date. The Don't get me wrong, Fur is a good love story. Nicole Kidman is, as always, wonderful. Robert Downey Jr. is well on his way back to the higher echelons of actors working today, and in Fur he gives his bravest performance to date. The music by Carter Burwell and Bill Pope's cinematography mesh together perfectly. The story is, like the title says- imaginative, so much in fact, that they should cut all the "arty" pretense and just call it - "Fur- An Imaginary Take on Beauty and the Beast". Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
smijatovJun 10, 2012
I had high expectations of "Fur" and of Nicole Kidman, and at least one of them didn't disappoint. This seems to be Kidman's 'star vehicle film' where she showcases how great she is in biopics. And, she does show it. She is great in this.I had high expectations of "Fur" and of Nicole Kidman, and at least one of them didn't disappoint. This seems to be Kidman's 'star vehicle film' where she showcases how great she is in biopics. And, she does show it. She is great in this. However, that is not enough to save the poorly-conceived film. If the director and producers didn't decide to screw around with the screenplay and make it an "imaginary portrait" of the great photographer, this might have looked much differently. Be it as it may, the film feels rather directionless and pointless. It never arrives to a larger point. It just feels like it's a random snipped of Arbus' life, without much giving us an explanation to understand Airbus' story. Sadly misguided film that could have been much better, but it at least gave us a standardly good performance by Kidman. Expand
oxanaAug 28, 2014
An interesting, slightly odd movie. It works very well, though; the further it gets, the less you notice how unusual the characters of Diane Arbus and Lionel Sweeney are.

Perhaps that is what draws them together. They complement each other

Perhaps that is what draws them together. They complement each other quite well, and the way their romance slowly brews is amazing. It all starts with fascination, and ends... well, bitterly, but I really liked the end of the movie!