8.2

1. Feb 24, 2015
    A perfect picture of what a parody/satire movie should look like...It never milks a joke to the point where it is tired and boring, but instead keeps serving fresh and funny jokes and characters.
  2. Feb 8, 2015
    Galaxy Quest is all in great fun. None of it is particularly legendary but manages to entertainingly spoof science-fiction altogether. Certainly geared towards Star Trek fans, but any fan of science-fiction is sure to enjoy.
  3. Oct 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Possible spoilers ahead!!!

They recently put this movie at Netflix and I was a kid when I watched it the first time. So I said, let's give it a try again.

Well, Galaxy Quest is science-fiction comedy film starring Sigourney Weaver (Alien, Avatar), Tim Allen (Toy Story), Alan Rickman (Harry Potter series), Sam Rockwell and Daryl Mitchell. They set in a “quest” to defend a group of aliens from some "warlord" that seems obsessed with killing aliens (for some reason they never explain) . Although you will laugh a lot until the end, the problem lies with the final arc of the movie, where the plot tries to become serious for a little bit in between all the comedy (in my opinion, the fault with many comedy films and the reason I don’t like them much). If you are going to do a comedy, try to maintain the comedy style (!). Also, the use of the so-named Omega 3 technology was forced into the plot (also, why did Tim Allen’s character was the only one to remember the events?), which was ridiculous even. But, if we try to ignore those peculiarities, we will find a solid film from the beginning to almost more than the half of it. As I mentioned, you will laugh a lot because the acting of Tim Allen and the attitude of Rickman’s character are exceptional, I at least enjoyed pretty much the character of Alan Rickman (even if sometimes it had a resemblance with Prof. Snape).

Overall, I would say you give it a try, I assume that if you are a comedy fan you will enjoy it. I also recommend it to science fictions fans because it contains many jokes about SF shows and movies. I would give it a 70 because it doesn’t maintain the full comedy at the final arc thanks to the insistence of becoming serious and that event at the end with the Omega-3 apparatus killed the plot for me.
  4. May 25, 2014
    I freaking love this movie just rewatched it a couple days ago such an amazing cast Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell all great actors. It's one of those movies that i never get tired of watching. The film follows the cast of a old hit sci-fi tv show that is really a spoof of Star Trek they soon find themselves in a adventure with an alien race thatI freaking love this movie just rewatched it a couple days ago such an amazing cast Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell all great actors. It's one of those movies that i never get tired of watching. The film follows the cast of a old hit sci-fi tv show that is really a spoof of Star Trek they soon find themselves in a adventure with an alien race that based their whole livelihood around the tv show. Even just a couple days ago i noticed some stuff i have never seen before. Overall I give it a 8/10 definitely worth buying on blu ray. Expand
  5. Sep 29, 2013
    "Never give up. Never surrender," says Tim Allen. And that is ironic, because this movie doesn't give up or surrender! The plot is okay, but the substance starts to dry out as soon as the movie starts. And just when you think it might end, the movie finds another way to keep going. See it at your own risk.
  6. Jul 7, 2013
    When i first watched it i wasn't sure. So i bought it and watched it again and again and again. Absolutely brilliant, one of my favourite films of all time. The idea is perfect and the cast were perfect.
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    Not very exciting or humorous, even when accompanied by gifted actors such as Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman.
  8. Mar 14, 2013
    A very funny movie that I imagine does a very realistic parody of the original Star Trek cast (if they were put into this situation.) Allan Rickman is just brilliant, Sigorny Weaver further cement her Queen of Sci-Fi role, and Tim Allen, *long silent pause* Tim Allen. Overall a great movie that is a great Sci-Fi comedy that has allot of fun with itself.
  9. Dec 8, 2012
    Galaxy Quest is a 1999 film directed by Dean Parisot. The story is about a group of people protagonist of a TV series of the seventies / eighties that became a cult hit and continues to thrill fans despite past 18 years by the suspension of the series. An alien people, the thermiani, asking for help to these actors so indent with the bloody Sarris who wants to subjugate the pacific aliens,Galaxy Quest is a 1999 film directed by Dean Parisot. The story is about a group of people protagonist of a TV series of the seventies / eighties that became a cult hit and continues to thrill fans despite past 18 years by the suspension of the series. An alien people, the thermiani, asking for help to these actors so indent with the bloody Sarris who wants to subjugate the pacific aliens, believing that the adventures of the characters are real. The film is a parody of the popular TV series Star Trek, but in addition it is also a huge tribute that manages to entertain fans and not with jokes and original situations that never fall into the banal or ridiculous. Great cast. Expand
  10. Oct 7, 2011
    Of course it can be funny for everyone, but every people who have watch a Star Trek episode, reference of even an other parody is able to watch it. Good actors (mainly Sigourney Weaver and of course Alan Rickman, simply hilarious has a pseudo-vulcan), respective mockery, tons of good ideas for an excellent comedy.
  11. Jan 1, 2011
    "By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!" After the dissapointments into the Star Trek franchise that were Voyager, Enterprise and Nemesis, I like to think that line is suitable for all trekkies. And we were avenged, with a brilliant satire known as...Galaxy Quest! This could have turned out so rubbish, been another "Date Movie" or "Meet The Spartans". So what"By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!" After the dissapointments into the Star Trek franchise that were Voyager, Enterprise and Nemesis, I like to think that line is suitable for all trekkies. And we were avenged, with a brilliant satire known as...Galaxy Quest! This could have turned out so rubbish, been another "Date Movie" or "Meet The Spartans". So what happened? It had good writers, who knew to spoof Star Trek whilst keeping respect for the series and the fans. The actors play their roles brilliantly, from Allen's Shatner-esque role (complete with the attitude) to Rickman's self-hating take on Mr Spock. Sam Rockwell has a good turn also, as the terrified once-redshirt, humourously awaiting his end. The great references to original Trek ("There goes the shirt again") really make this a must see for all Star Trek fans. The battle of Jason Nesmith VS The Rock Monster had an "Amok Time" feel to it The idea is bonkers, stars of space-set TV show taken to space by aliens who believe the TV show was real. And it works, providing laughs all throughout. It also provides heart, like when Quellek is killed. There should not be a dry eye in the house when Lazarus recites his catchphrase for his dying ally. I rate this as a must see, especially for Trek fans. Expand

Funny without being flip.
  2. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    "Trek"-heads will laugh hardest, but there are plenty of yuks for the uninitiated as well.
  3. Overall it's what it aspires to be--a pleasant time-waster.