5.8

1. Mitchell
    May 12, 2007
    Strong acting. Lindsay is a knock out. Enjoyed every moment of her on screen. Movie has it's flaws, but it doesn't deserve the backlash its been getting. Go see it for yourself. Great mix of comedy and drama with strong performances by all the leading ladies.
  2. TomC.
    May 13, 2007
    The negative reviews are somewhat surprising. I thought the movie was excellent and Lindsey Lohan's performance simply astounding. All the bad press she gets is a great disservice to her acting ability.
  3. Derek
    May 15, 2007
    I can see what the reviews mean when they mention the tonal shifts, but this movie is still great. Lindsay is, by far the most underrated young actress to come around in a long time because people get too caught up in her public image. I've been saying it all along, and now she has proved it with a real character, not a sugary Disney one. Although this movie does have its flaws, I I can see what the reviews mean when they mention the tonal shifts, but this movie is still great. Lindsay is, by far the most underrated young actress to come around in a long time because people get too caught up in her public image. I've been saying it all along, and now she has proved it with a real character, not a sugary Disney one. Although this movie does have its flaws, I can tell you from personal experience that Lohan's performance rings absolutely TRUE. If you've ever met someone like her character in your life, then you know what I am talking about. No, not everyone deals with her character's circumstances the same way.. some people are healthier about it. But her character is a very realistic depiction of the other way that people can go. I do not want to get into it too much and ruin it for those that haven't seen it though. Expand
  4. Sarahk.
    May 20, 2007
    When going to see this movie, I had a completely different idea of how the movie would be. But, it turned out to be really good, and I was really impressed with the plot line, and the acting. I think Lindsey Lohan did a great job, better then expected. There was also a lot of things that allowed you to keep guessing and kept you interested in the movie. A definite go see!
  5. YvonneB.
    May 9, 2007
    Wow, what a suprise. You think you know what happened and then.. . Garry Marshall - great job in dealing with such a sensitive issue and seeing Jane Fonda - THANK GOD she has returned to the screen!!
  6. Taylor
    May 14, 2007
    I have no clue why this movie is getting negative reviews. I thought it was an excellent movie, and I can't wait to see it again this week. YES AGAIN! Felicity Huffman did such a wonderful job playing Lilly, her as a drunk is pretty hilarious! I loved the movie no matter what anybody says so GO GEORGIA RULE!
  7. JS.
    Jun 18, 2007
    This was a fantastic movie. Do not believe all of this negative hype. It all comes from people expecting the wrong kind of movie. They marketed this as a comedy and while there are funny parts its very dramatic. THIS IS A MUST SEE.
  8. Feb 24, 2013
    This was an amazing movie! The premise of the movie is a troubled family sending their insane daughter to live with her hard-nosed Grandmother in Idaho. From the previews, I was expecting a lame, even raunchy comedy, boy I was I wrong. While it had it's comedic aspect to it, it was so much more than that. It was the story of trust and redemption that centers not around Georgia and herThis was an amazing movie! The premise of the movie is a troubled family sending their insane daughter to live with her hard-nosed Grandmother in Idaho. From the previews, I was expecting a lame, even raunchy comedy, boy I was I wrong. While it had it's comedic aspect to it, it was so much more than that. It was the story of trust and redemption that centers not around Georgia and her rules, but rather around her granddaughter played by Lindsey Lohan. I don't like Lohan, her previous roles, or even how she is as a person, but in this movie, she's terrific. I think it's because she was actually playing herself. A smart but troubled girl, who acts slutty and stupid to keep up appearances and hide from her own misery. This movie was smart and funny as well as deep and emotional. It's a can't miss film that everyone should see! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    There's almost no rescuing this wobbly movie from its showdowns and insights. Except, that is, when Lohan's around.
  2. Proves to be more prone to malfunction than dysfunction.
  3. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    No offense to either of them, but Georgia Rule suggests an Ingmar Bergman script as directed by Jerry Lewis. The subject matter is grim, the relationships are gnarled, the worldview is bleak, and, at any given moment, you suspect someone's going to be hit with a pie.