5.1

1. Sep 27, 2011
    What makes "Ghost Rider" so terrible is not the childish dialogue or Nicolas Cage, but the story. The plot madly stomps on everything, pulverizing the whole movie into a ugly piece of scrap.
  2. Jun 23, 2012
    This film is great. I don't even know where to start. First Nicholas cage plays an awesome Ghost Rider and Wes Bentley plays a great Blackheart has well. The special effects are the best thing about this movie. The Ghost Rider looks amazing. The script/screenplay is very good as well. The dialogue is great no matter what anyone says. All in all I think director Mark Steven Johnson did a great job. I urge you to see this film. Expand
  3. May 1, 2011
    One of the worst movies ever to be created, terrible acting, terrible story, terrible special effects, terrible casting. I'm actually surprised this movie made it to the cinemas nevermind DVD.
  4. Oct 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The reason why I'm giving it a ten is because first I'm a huge ghost rider fan. And I love marvel comics. Whatever people say about marvel movies it shall still bring out the awesome. Oh, yes the movie well let's see its all about a daredevil (Johnny Blaze) who made a deal with the devil to save his father from cancer. I know he's an idiot but he was seventeen. But he's father dies not from cancer but from a stunt he tried to do. But the deal was to turn Johnny into the ghost rider. The devils bounty hunter who was sent out to kill his son blackheart. And..and enough said just watch the damn movie!! Expand
  5. Mar 31, 2012
    Good first attempt into bringing the Ghost Rider to the big screen. This was an interesting film of an interesting character. Nicolas Cage and Peter Fonda were good, I didn't like the portrayal of Blackheart in this movie. Mark Steven Johnson wasn't the perfect director for this one, and the CGI effects weren't that great.
  6. Apr 20, 2013
    When this movie first came out, I was really excited. I was really hoping for a scary and exciting superhero movie. But after watching what was so suppose to be excellent, this was pure crap. First off, the so-called horrorifying visuals and fight sequences sucked. They really bored the crap out of me. Second, the screenplay was just absolutely terrible. I mean seriously, a 5 year old could have wrote this. Third, there was some bad acting. Not all the actors were terrible, but Eve Mendes was just bad. She may look sexy, but she really couldn't pull off her character (Roxane). The storyline may be somewhat decent, but overall, it's just a terrible comic book rip-off. Expand
  7. DME
    Jun 11, 2012
    Ghost Rider is nothing special and it's definitely not a superhero movie, but it's an above-par action flick that's worth seeing on a rainy day.
  8. Feb 21, 2012
    I like this movie, because it is refreshing from the other dregs. It will make you laugh, cause some of the acting and dialogue are that outlandish . This movie falls into one of things you do not like to admit you like, but you can't help yourself.
  9. Mar 9, 2011
    While it's not the most normal super hero movie it's a lot of fun, I actually enjoyed Nicholas Cage's performance as Ghost Rider, and enjoyed the unique story and action, a very unique super hero that I recommend for fans of the comics.
  10. Feb 28, 2011
    Nothing really to recommend here, the acting is sub-standard, the action scenes are stationary and the whole film takes ages to get going. For a superhero action flick, this misses the mark by a long shot, but for the special effects alone, it's worth a look.
  11. Feb 17, 2012
    One of the most coolest characters from the Marvel Universe is instantly destroyed with a mediocre cast and a dumb narrative. Nicolas Cage , you are not the perfect actor for this kind of movie .
  12. Sep 13, 2011
    The rider who has a burning skull as a head and wears leather jacket, was looking good on this one. But i should say I didn't expect this to be a good movie actually. The reason was that they always find a way to fail in a superhero movie. So i watched this 4 year old movie in 2011. There was nothing bad about the plot or any characters. (I just wondered why was Blackheart looking like a human instead of his usual demonic appearance in comics) And lets just say i don't like Eva Mendes that much. The story was fine and by the end of the day this movie satisfied a comic-geek like me. But i should say im not that impressed and even though this was a good first movie to explain the background of main character, this was of course could be better in action way. Expand
  13. Dec 25, 2011
    "Ghost Rider" is what you could possibly expect from Nicolas Cage's recent films: horrendous script, lame acting and turgid action saturated with mediocre special effects.
  14. May 27, 2012
    It is a decent action movie with a little plague of problems. I think Nicholas Cage could have performed better here but its got decent action scenes. If a little more thought was put into the casting and script it could be as good as Batman Begins.
  15. Aug 28, 2014
    I expected a far better movie, and ended up disappointed. Haven't read the comics, so I can't tell if the movie would have been better/worse with knowledge from them.

The visuals weren't stunning, the plot was great but somehow lacking a lot - not to speak of things that were never really explained and others that just didn't seem to click (at this point I'm sure reading comics would
    help).

I have seen better Marvel-based movies, really.
  16. Mar 7, 2012
    I'm watching the second part and be awful, but this first part is better (and much), have mistakes, but the most better things are the action scenes, is not the best title, but is a good film. Yes better than the second part.
  17. Apr 21, 2014
    I love this film, I love Ghost Rider, don't get me wrong its a terrible movie but damn i just have a place in my heart for this film because it really showed me that their are different types of superheros besides Spiderman, Batman, Superman etc and really made me want to explore and get a better understanding of the characters. Plus the films about a biker with a flaming skull for a head, BADass.

-Guilty pleasure film gets 7/10
  18. Nov 15, 2012
    Ugh-yuck. So much wasted potential here, this sad, sad movie just makes you want to puke on the screen.
  19. Jan 4, 2014
    Destaca-se como um dos piores filmes de super heróis que já vi, uma droga completa, mal feito, mal produzido da pena de assistir esse desastre......
  20. May 28, 2013
    Sadly, the only good part about this movie is the Ghost Rider himself, the rest of the movie, with the story, co-characters, and enemies, are just plain boring and useless.
  21. Aug 5, 2013
    A sloppy effort at bringing this movie to life, full of lousy dialogue, one-dimensional characters, and subpar special effects that make Ghost Rider a difficult superhero film to sit through.
  22. Jan 2, 2014
    I don't know what is more ridiculous, the fact that this spawned a sequel or the rug on Nicholas Cage's head. I was surprised to see the writer and director didn't go in a dark direction for this film and instead decided to go camp and over-the-top.
  23. Nov 13, 2013
    Ghost Rider is dead inside.
    A very cool, refreshing concept to a superhero movie executed with poor negligence. It is only successful at its special effects, but is an udder catastrophe with acting and dialogue.
  24. Jan 29, 2014
    Good god this was painful to watch. It's this ectoplasm of Marvel and skeletons and westerns and grave keepers and demons and...I don't even know. Right off the bat, Cage does not look like he's 20-something he's supposed to be portraying by any stretch of the imagination, no matter how hard he tries to brush his hair over. It was like watching someone with superpowers have a psychological meltdown amidst a mid-life crisis. Guhhhhhh. Expand
  25. Jan 29, 2014
    Ghost Rider another Marvel Comics adaptation with star Nicolas Cage (Ghost Rider). Johnny Blaze makes a pact with the devil Mephistopheles (Peter Fonda) that would save his father. Mephistopheles tells him that he will become a ghost rider. Father Blaze (Brett Cullen) dies and Joni breaks up with his childhood love Roxanne Simpson (Eva Mendes). Several years later, Johnny became famous stuntman. Johnny Blaze all the time lucky with death and he always survives during his stunts. one of the jumps he meets Roxanne. He risked his life invites her to dinner. Blaze evening sees Mephistopheles and turns into a ghost rider. Mephistopheles says Blaze that he needed to fight his son, Blackheart (Wes Bentley) and his fallen angels.

Cage begins to wriggle and turn your bike into a ghost bike. Now he begins to sacrifice murderers and evil spirits from the souls that would burn in hell. Blaze Blackheart win if the curse will disappear. Armed with a motorcycle chain with bad CG animation it starts to fight against evil. He meets the cemetery Carter Slade / Ghost Rider who is the caretaker of the cemetery. He teaches him to control his mind. Blackheart kidnaps Roxanne Blaze and says that if he does not bring the contract it will die.
    Blackheart does not constitute a charismatic villain. It is not impressive as his fallen angels. Cage sees murderers and again begins to wriggle constantly. This is the main problem of the film is not very Cage looks at the role of the rider. Ghost Rider should be dark and serious, but all the time Cage hamming and joking.

Director Mark Steven Johnson, the director of Daredevil is not very able to do movie comics. Screenplay is very stupid. Silly and funny dialogues will throughout the film. But the ending is just awful. Blaze Blackheart wins and refuses to expire. He says he is a racer that would win Mephistopheles.

Subtotal: Ghost Rider is one of the worst movie comics
    Rating: C-
  26. Jul 24, 2014
    Despite the efforts of Ghost Rider, this forgettable, nonsensical film suffers from pathetically laughable dialogues, poor acting and a clichêd narrative.
  27. Oct 10, 2014
    Normally I would watch a film featuring Nicolas Cage because they're hilarious, for example 'The Wicker Man'. This is that bad it's not funny, Cage is so poor it's un-watchable. If I'm bored and I want to watch a terrible film that's funny, Cage is the first actor I will go for, but this was diabolical.

The movie's last words are "This is how legends are born." Make that stillborn, because when the makers of this one pitch the sequel, the only answer is going to be, "Ah HA HA HA!"
  2. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Ghost Rider is the kind of movie that's great stupid fun as long as someone else is buying the tickets.
    Marvel-man Mark Steven Johnson, who wrote and directed "Daredevil" (2003) and scripted "Elektra" (2005), continues to demonstrate the wrong way to make comic book movies: Make sure special effects overwhelm the characters, let campy mannerisms go unchecked and be sure dialogue is declaimed rather than spoken.