5.3

1. Mar 29, 2013
    A very off line Gi Joe movie, I was very excited for this one and it was good. First of all, there is this guy who is not Duke and is not Channing Tatum and he's still in the movie I mean is there some connection Mr. Chu? But, don't listen to me, this is a great oddball creation and is the best action movie so far in 2013 rather than Dead Man Down, and Retaliation has a boost up upgrade toA very off line Gi Joe movie, I was very excited for this one and it was good. First of all, there is this guy who is not Duke and is not Channing Tatum and he's still in the movie I mean is there some connection Mr. Chu? But, don't listen to me, this is a great oddball creation and is the best action movie so far in 2013 rather than Dead Man Down, and Retaliation has a boost up upgrade to actors, direction, story and screenplay. Rise Of The Cobra was a little disappointing and this sequel has everything- guns, chicks, and- hey! Dwayne Johnson! The film had good pace and timing, it keeps you hooked up till the end. Now, Bruce Willis is in the movie but is he cool in this movie? Duh, he's Bruce Willis and this Muscular Baldie is epic awesome is this movie. So, for the bad critics out there who think that this movie is bad- Watch It Again. I mean, it's a GOOD movie, its what Gi Joe fans want! It just like the cartoons and it has Cobra Menace! Expand
  2. Apr 17, 2013
    Oh my God! This movie was excellent It is action-packed from beginning to the end. I loved the high tech toys and the special effects. I was thrilled the whole timed Dwayne The Rock) is fine as usual. Whoever does not like this movie, don't believe them, please go and judge for yourself. I go to the show to be entertained, and this is what you get from G.I.Joe.
  3. May 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. G.I. Joe Retaliation is an huge action rollercoaster ride but it could've been a little more longer. It's a great big huge start for the franchise better than the last one. Expand
  4. Mar 29, 2013
    This a Frankly a Step Up from the franchise. I didn't expect the movie to be great. I Was Disappointed. This Movie is Amazing For Action Fans- It's the best action movie of 2013 so far. The Cast is very likable Dwayne The Rock Johnson handles the Character with ease. He good the in the emotional scenes and his 'few' comic scenes with Channing Tatum are a delight. Bruce Willis plays anThis a Frankly a Step Up from the franchise. I didn't expect the movie to be great. I Was Disappointed. This Movie is Amazing For Action Fans- It's the best action movie of 2013 so far. The Cast is very likable Dwayne The Rock Johnson handles the Character with ease. He good the in the emotional scenes and his 'few' comic scenes with Channing Tatum are a delight. Bruce Willis plays an icing on the cake.The Action sequences are awesome in 3D. 9/10 Expand
  5. Jan 19, 2014
    This is way better than the first. The Action, Story, and Cast all better! Now maybe I liked allot cause I am comparing it to the last, but this was fun to watch.My only issue was the attempt at comedy in the beginning. I just wish they stopped trying to throw pointless jokes in, but overall it was fun to watch. I really don`t get why it has such a low rating.
  6. Apr 7, 2013
    A big improvement over the first one. The 3D Was worth it The rock was perfect as Roadblock Lady Jaye was also good ,Flint was ok .Loved Channing Tatum as Duke .Cobra Commander was just Badass although they should showed him more Bruce Willis great to see him as the original joe .Jon Chu has done it right can't wait for G.I.JOE 3
  7. Apr 3, 2013
    This was a good action flick, which is what it was meant to be. There are some funny moments, but it is dominated by the special effects and action sequences. If you go to the film, go knowing what to expect, if these aren't your kind of movie, don't go to it expecting something else.
  8. Mar 29, 2013
    A good if not very good action movie. A big improvement over the first. Dialogue was a bit hokey, but forgivable. Well done action sequences. Good, if not great pacing. Funny at times and had a little bit more to it then the previews. Biggest gripe was the previews still showed to much. But that is the nature of modern previews in general. Worth a watch and still a decent enough movie overall.
  9. Apr 5, 2013
    G.I. Joe Retaliation is much better than G.I. joe Rise of the Cobra. The action is much better and the Special FX are better to. The story is good, I only can say positive things about this movie.
  10. Apr 11, 2013
    Anyone expecting a well-written story when watching an action movie where the money was invested into explosions and stunts is coming into this with lofty expectations. You watch these movies for the thrill, the occasional jokes among pals, and the huge fight scenes. On the metrics that really matter when evaluating an action movie, Retaliation does not disappoint. It's a worthy sequelAnyone expecting a well-written story when watching an action movie where the money was invested into explosions and stunts is coming into this with lofty expectations. You watch these movies for the thrill, the occasional jokes among pals, and the huge fight scenes. On the metrics that really matter when evaluating an action movie, Retaliation does not disappoint. It's a worthy sequel and don't let anyone tell you the movie's not worth your time. Remember, ACTION MOVIE. You're watching it for the action. Expand
  11. May 28, 2013
    After the last one, I thought I was going to get the same thing, and since this was directed by the director of the Step Up movies, I thought it was going to be even worse than the last one. I was HUGELY mistaken! This sequel/reboot is exactly what G.I. Joe is: stupid fun! Jon M. Chu definitely shows he's a huge fan of G.I. Joe and he should be praised for this!
  12. Jul 16, 2013
    My Opinion *

My Opinion *

I've never seen a G.I. Joe, however watching this really gave me a buzz. Sure I understand that some people think that this film isn't that great, nor as great as it could should have been, however I really appreciated this movie and everything within it. The fight scenes really got my heart racing, and some of the effects and stunts were just fantastic! I give this an 8. It's great, but it's not perfect. Sure it's just another action movie, but mixing action along with martial arts is a rarity. I really recommend this.
  13. Aug 22, 2013
    A fun little action movie that manages to build up, and surpass, its predecessor. It all just feels more focused this time around, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson nails it and manages to be the very best part of this movie. It's action packed and still has some humorous moments thrown in. It's got explosion filled shoot outs, cheesy one-liners, and epic ninja battles that take place on theA fun little action movie that manages to build up, and surpass, its predecessor. It all just feels more focused this time around, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson nails it and manages to be the very best part of this movie. It's action packed and still has some humorous moments thrown in. It's got explosion filled shoot outs, cheesy one-liners, and epic ninja battles that take place on the side of mountains, so you're never bored while watching this. It's still got some issues like a throw-away story, but the biggest flaw it has is that it's just not as good as some of its competition. Some more recent action movies have blown this one out of the water. That's not to say "Retaliation" is bad, it's still a very fun time, but it has got some serious competition out there. Still if you liked the first "G.I. Joe", or just action movies in general, "Retaliation manages to be a fun watch. Expand
  14. Mar 29, 2013
    GI Joe Retaliation is essentially a toy commercial and an action film aimed at adolescent boys. Yes, I may sound negative, but with a right frame of mind, GI Joe Retaliation is actually a lot of fun. Critics? Phooey :p They don't understand the fun of staging your own action 'set pieces' when you're a kid with your Joe's action figures. One of the highlight is simply the Rock aka.GI Joe Retaliation is essentially a toy commercial and an action film aimed at adolescent boys. Yes, I may sound negative, but with a right frame of mind, GI Joe Retaliation is actually a lot of fun. Critics? Phooey :p They don't understand the fun of staging your own action 'set pieces' when you're a kid with your Joe's action figures. One of the highlight is simply the Rock aka. Dwayne Johnson. He brings in his usual charisma and 'conviction' into this film. He doesn't patronize his role as an 'action figure' and brings in an 'injection' of fun into this middle brow franchise. Another thing: for a silly film such as this, GI Joe does not overstay its welcome: at less than two hours (take note, Michael Bay). Not a great film but an enjoyable one. Don't be a cynic, folks. Expand
  15. Mar 30, 2013
    A solid movie all around with fantastic action sequences, strong acting performances, and pacing that isn't too fast. The story/setup was a little unbelievable but I guess you gotta expect that with this kind of film (come on... those girls wouldn't be in the military). The ending was also very predictable, as expected. Regardless I was fully engaged the entire time and really enjoyed it.A solid movie all around with fantastic action sequences, strong acting performances, and pacing that isn't too fast. The story/setup was a little unbelievable but I guess you gotta expect that with this kind of film (come on... those girls wouldn't be in the military). The ending was also very predictable, as expected. Regardless I was fully engaged the entire time and really enjoyed it. Definitely go and see it. Expand
  16. Apr 15, 2013
    This is actually a decent film. Desperately adequate story speckled with some excellent action sequences. The star power factor will keep you interested for most of your time with this movie as it dissolves into action movie overkill.
  17. Apr 3, 2013
    What you will find in this movie is nothing else but fun. The movie is cool and my inner child loved it and wished it came out when I was 7. It is faithful to the cartoon and to the franchise. Don't expect Dark knight but do give it a try if you are just looking to be entertained.
  18. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was not the action pack movie I thought it would be, PLUS if a female only came coz Channing Tatum is in it. Guess what guys? HE'S IN IT FOR 15 MINUTES, 15! Really, Really? But it wasn't all that bad, when it wanted to be the action packed adventure, it was. If it wanted to be a thriller, it was. Hell, it even managed to put in a MW3 joke. This game earns it's 7/10 rating nothing more Expand
  19. Apr 25, 2013
    GI Joe Retaliation is a fun, loud and generally dumb action movie that only really warrrants being seen once. It sure is entertaining and well worth the price of admission, but it doesn't have much to offer outside of pretty lights and big explosions. Ultimately, it does what it sets out to do and shouldn't be judged at the same level as more intelligent or thought-provoking films. AGI Joe Retaliation is a fun, loud and generally dumb action movie that only really warrrants being seen once. It sure is entertaining and well worth the price of admission, but it doesn't have much to offer outside of pretty lights and big explosions. Ultimately, it does what it sets out to do and shouldn't be judged at the same level as more intelligent or thought-provoking films. A decent time in the cinema. Expand
  20. Apr 26, 2013
    I was PISSED when I heard the actors from the last GI joe where not in the movie but I really enjoyed the movie.

The rock is my man an always excels at making an action movie something to enjoy!. Far off from a great story the only real thing that makes this movie is the Rock and its action packed fights.
  21. May 2, 2013
    "G.I. Joe Retaliation" is a big dumb action movie, but that is not a bad thing because it is an entertaining big dumb action move. The spectacle of the action scenes is amazing and the actors do their job well.

1. Reviewed by: Louis Black
    Apr 3, 2013
    There actually is some clever dialogue in the film, especially early on between Roadblock and Duke (Tatum). But this fades over the course of the film, and too much of what the characters say sounds as though it’s been lifted verbatim from 1930s and 1940s serials.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Apr 3, 2013
    This movie never realizes how ridiculous anything it does truly is, right up to the last-second promise of another sequel.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Apr 1, 2013
    An action figure with a sweet core, Johnson can pump up the humanity of any franchise, whether he’s playing a stepdad who becomes a hero in Journey 2 or, as here, a stud soldier who treats Flint and Jaye like his grown children and shepherds them through peril. Following those younger Joes, the Retaliation audience is encouraged to clamber up on Johnson’s huge soldiers and go along for a pretty cool ride.