8.5

1. Jun 27, 2014
    My all time favorite movie probably, so excuse me both for being biased AND for not being an expert on movies enough to say anything remotely deep or accurate about it. I honestly don't know what to say, I remember I was amazed by the fact that despite being a movie relying solely on dialogue I wasn't bored in the slightest, but that's comparative and also from the PoV of a modern hyperactive kid or something, so disregard that: on its own merit, it made me care about most characters, wonder about who was the "culprit" at the end, and they were all detailed in their own way. I read aferwards that it was actually an adaptation from a famous play, and after rewatching it, I could totally see the theatrality in it: the characters coming in and out of the scene, the intertwined plots. I really don't know what to say, all the actors were amazing and the story was awesome and it described the grim reality of something as mundane as salesmen, and even managed to slip in some suspence with the final theft thing among all that beautifully crafted dialogue. I liked it very much! Expand
  2. Apr 13, 2014
    I have to say, I was kind of disappointed. The story didn't seem to go anywhere, it was fairly eventless. That said however, there are some awesome quotes and though the entire film consists of dialogue, it's quite meaningful. I can appreciate the film, but I don't see why it's so highly rated.
  3. Feb 23, 2014
    Most films rely on pretty visuals and cool sound effects. Not many are talk-heavy like this 90's classic. Glengarry Glen Ross not only pulls in the viewer with it's harsh, realistic feel, but does it only by the characters talking. No one ever does anything except talk. That's what makes this film so different. You could literally just listen to the film and you'd still understand it. Also, I should mention that this is the best acting I've ever seen in a movie. All the actors talk like real people, and the fantastic writing goes with the superb acting. As long as you're paying attention to it, Glengarry Glen Ross is sure to please. Expand
  4. Apr 30, 2013
    Perfect dialogue and performances meet a tidal wave of drama, hilarity, and intrigue "Glengarry Glen Ross" is an impossibly entertaining piece from David Mamet's repertoire.
  5. Feb 20, 2013
    The acting is natural and the plot is amusing, unpredictable, and pivots not around one individual.
  6. Sep 26, 2012
    Lights, camera, talk! Sit back and watch the words fly. It's not called Mamet speak for nothing. This is Mamet's best work, and the same could be said about any of the actors. Pacino got the nom, but Lemmon should have taken home an Oscar!
  7. Sep 10, 2011
    the entire film took place in a small real este office in one evening and next morning.within this the director superbly crafted the entire cast. all you can see is crucial dialogues everywhere and classic performances...must say glengarry glen ross is a well directed corporate drama
  8. Jun 8, 2011
    Gripping, intense, and some of the best acting you will ever see in a movie. Ever actor in it is so great. Love Pacino in it, but Lemmon steals the show.
  9. Aug 24, 2010
    Real estate agency, poor sales, owners send man to motivate them, after a week the two best sellers keep their jobs, rest get fired.
    Great cast, good fast-paced script, sweary & dramatic.
    Really well acted (Al Pacino plays himself, Hoo Ha) but Jack Lemmon steals the show for me as Shell "The Machine" Levine.

1. Reviewed by: Christopher Harris
    It's blackly comic - though the humour creeps up on you slowly, and you're seldom sure if you should really be laughing.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Sragow
    Hammers away at the plot so relentlessly that you can feel the nails entering the back of your skull.
  3. The reason the film prompts laughter, and finally elation, is not because it's jolly or has any feel-good words to live by. It's because of the utterly demonic skill with which these foulmouthed characters carve one another up in futile attempts to stave off disaster.