1.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 191 Ratings

1. Screensaver
    Jan 9, 2004
    I've seen a lot better and not much worse than God, Sex & Apple Pie. The acting was stiff and whatever the plot was, it was overshadowed by relentless silly dialogue that just made me cringe. This was one of the very worst I have seen in a long time.
  2. Daddyto3
    May 30, 2004
    Words cannot express my true feelings about this movie without being censored. out. I would not recommend it. At least they tried.
  3. HollyR.
    Jun 24, 2002
    It copied The Big Chill.
  4. MartinS.
    Jan 6, 2004
    A very unprofessional and uneventful movie. There is simply nothing good I can say about it.
  5. Jodi
    Jan 7, 2004
    This one gets the Golden Goose Egg.
  6. SuzyS.
    Mar 15, 2004
    No good.
  7. JillH.
    Nov 30, 2007
    I just had to go find out for myself. This was the worst 90 minutes of my life. When will I ever learn to trust the majority?
  8. R.Schott
    Apr 6, 2008
    Oh, this was such a horrendous video. I can't even begin to describe how annoying it was to watch. The men were so unattractive and dull. The script was even worse. There was no plot, no originality, no entertaining value whatsoever. Simply the worst I have ever seen.
  9. LandraL.
    Sep 4, 2002
    I thought it was horrible. A bad version of The Big Chill way after it's time. How long has it been out? Why is it still out? Believe me. It needs to be buried somewhere for good.
  10. ThereseW.
    Jan 10, 2004
    Interesting how this movie appears to polarize the people posting comments here. The acting I found to be superb -- better than from a lot of the movie stars we have these days. And I found the writing to be incisive and poignant. My guess is, it probably takes a little maturity to appreciate what this movie is about, as it is far from a testosterone-driven action movie. This movie is Interesting how this movie appears to polarize the people posting comments here. The acting I found to be superb -- better than from a lot of the movie stars we have these days. And I found the writing to be incisive and poignant. My guess is, it probably takes a little maturity to appreciate what this movie is about, as it is far from a testosterone-driven action movie. This movie is worth your time, if you can appreciate one about "the human condition." Expand
  11. Enforcer
    Jan 17, 2004
    Hey, stop stuffing the freaking ballot box! Nobody besides you looks at this page anyway....
  12. MarioF.
    Jan 7, 2004
    Very, very good movie. Entertaining, but also has something to say. Not a totally flawless movie (in my opinion) so I can't give it a perfect score of 10, but the studios ought to make more films that have real heart, like this one, rather than the brainless pabulum of the typical blockbuster.
  13. ReginaN.
    Apr 14, 2004
    I thought the comedian was cute. Other than that the movie was awful. My husband did nothing but complain the whole time we were watching it. Now he won't let me pick them out anymore.
  14. TatiS.
    Sep 12, 2004
    I can't believe I watched the whole thing!
  15. Story
    Mar 9, 2005
    I felt very let down. I hope my review can save someone else the time and money I wasted on it.
  16. JamesD.
    Dec 29, 2002
    One of the best indies I've ever seen. Actually thought it was much better than The Big Chill, maybe because it's about my generation and not the '60s generation.
  17. JeffB.
    Jun 18, 2002
    Boring.
  18. JOEMAMMA
    Nov 19, 2003
    It was all good -a..holes that gave it less than 10 wanted to see a "20 million dollar actor in it" and got mad becaise there wasn't. Good for everyone.
  19. LouR.
    Dec 13, 2003
    I agree with the 0's but gave a 1 for at least trying. Maybe the 10's are confusing this with American Pie? That's all I can think of. Peace.
  20. RobertT.
    Dec 21, 2003
    Obviously, those who are rating this movie '0' either don't get it, or are too young to get what this movie is about. Very entertaining, and also has something significant to say about life and people. One of the better independent films I've ever seen. And nothing like "The Big Chill," so don't watch this movie expecting to see a remake!
  21. BillE.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Most of those 0 votes are bogus, posted by the people who run this site. Very uncool. Read the full reviews of the critics above, such as Jonathan Rosenbaum's review or Maitland McDonagh's review, to decide if this movie is worth watching or not. (Jonathan Foreman from the NY Post is a hack... after all, it's the NY Post!)
  22. realdeal
    Feb 17, 2005
    Don't waste your time.
  23. CinderE.
    Dec 12, 2007
    I would only recommend this movie to my worst enemy.

1. A watchable but not very memorable comedy-drama.
  2. The production values are impressively slick and a few performances are polished, but it's not much more than "The Big Chill" on a little budget.
  3. This must be one of the worst movies ever to get a big-screen release. If it weren't so boring, this unbelievably bad indie sex comedy would be worth going to for five minutes of laughs at its sheer incompetence.