5.2

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Tyler Perry is a national treasure. He'll definitely be nominated for Oscar for best Actress next year. *sorry, sort of stole that joke from Billy Crystal*
  2. Mar 29, 2012
    Tyler perry never makes and stars in a horrible movie. From Madea to being a educated business man he always has a great morale in all his movies. There is a reason why he makes great movies, because he has lived the life, and found god.
  3. Mar 22, 2012
    I saw the movie on opening night in my home town. I think it shows Mr. Perry's growth as a director, producer, screenwriter, and actor in the arena of major movie releases of the dramatic level, and shows that he's not just limited to plays and comedies. He still has some areas in which to improve, but he's heading in the right direction. Overall the movie was enjoyable and one of his best ones to date. Expand
  4. Apr 27, 2013
    I really liked this movie. It`s about real people, and those living in a made up world, that seems great on the outside looking in, but have problems of their own. You can really feel for the characters. I thought it could be a mistake going for a movie like this, but I`m glad I chose it.
  5. Apr 30, 2014
    "Tyler Perry's good deeds is touching , inspiring and better then his dumb comedies". So far Perry made dumb comedies like diary of a mad black woman , Tempation . But he created his inspiring movie of his career . Grade A.

1. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Feb 29, 2012
    The melodramatic film has numerous light and comical touches, and the performances are uniformly good. The film's pace, however, has the consistency of molasses, and there's hardly a scene that wouldn't be improved by judicial trimming.
  2. Reviewed by: Wesley Morris
    Feb 27, 2012
    Good Deeds is the first of the 11 movies he's written and directed to try a one-tone-fits-all approach. Sadly, that tone is funereal, and it's always a beat out of step with the rhythms of both real life and most movies.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Humanick
    Feb 25, 2012
    Simultaneously both archetypal Tyler Perry and another step in the direction of nuance and thoughtfulness for the filmmaker.