6.8

1. Apr 21, 2013
    Goon flops out oafish quirk that doesn't really work as its main selling point. Poor characterisation and predictable story doesn't improve the situation. The film improves at the half way mark but not in the spectacular way necessary to make it particularly good.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    Sean William Scott is nice, passive and likable. The only problem is this is a comedy and he's not funny the way they wrote him. Neither is anyone else for that matter.
  3. Jun 15, 2012
    Oh my gosh.. This movie is absolutely trash.. How did it ever get made. If you want a movie based around hockey with real character development, go straight to 'Slap Shot'. I had to chuckle watching this thing when they attempted to give it some heart in the latter half. It really didn't work. Not much in this film worked. I think the people that gave this movie a positive review are romantic about hockey, and werent objective about the film. Expand
  4. Mar 30, 2012
    Passion for the sport? There is no passion for the sport here, unless that passion is based upon hate and violence. I am not a fan of hockey, and if this movie is what hockey is about, I never will be. The movie is just violence. It never "becomes" anything else.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 25, 2012
    When a film's clich├ęs are so obvious that its cast points them out for you, you've got to wonder how hard it's really trying.
  2. Reviewed by: Shawn Levy
    Apr 26, 2012
    Goon is a hoot.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Apr 25, 2012
    Put on your best Southie accent and say it with me: This film is wicked fahwkin' retahded and I loved it.