Gothika

5.4

1. JonathanH.
    Apr 2, 2004
    Absolute Crap. Why did Halle do this, everything about this movie is awful, it's not even remotely scary.
  2. Lane
    Nov 28, 2003
    Give me Swept Away with the material girl any day. This movie is so BAD that it makes her movie look like it should have won the OSCAR for best picture. Up until now SWEPT AWAY was the worst film ever made. Move over, we now have a new leader of garbage.
  3. WAKOJAKO
    Dec 5, 2003
    Dumb, dumb, dumb. And the ending? Dumberer. Do not waste your money. What was I thinking? What was Hale Berry thinking? To see one of today's cinema's most lovely ladies deglamorized for this drivel was trully, truly depressing. Oh, well, a gall's got to pay the bills, I suppose...
  4. HeatherW.
    Jan 1, 2004
    Although I thought Halle Barry did a great job in the leading role, the movie seemed like your run of the mill thriller to me. I did however, enjoy the many visual effects in the movie.
  5. KelR.
    Feb 11, 2004
    Finally, the critics gave a movie exactly what it deserved.
  6. TimW.
    Mar 29, 2004
    Dumb dumb dumb and soo predictable! Halle Berry needs a new agent!!
  7. AnitaBath
    Nov 22, 2003
    This movie sucked!!!!!!
  8. A.S.
    Nov 23, 2003
    Let's just rip off the Sixth Sense, the Exorcist, Seven and maybe a little Silence of the Lambs and make it into the most unoriginal and bad made-for-tv movie? This seen it, done that comedy-fest of eye rolls of unfathomable premises, is the worst movie I've seen. The only thing horrifying is the horribly cheesy dialogue.
  9. TonyL.
    Nov 25, 2003
    Not even two hotties like Halle and Penelope could save this dreck. Not even worth a rental. I went to the matinee showing and still felt that I was ripped off!
  10. AndrejS
    Nov 27, 2003
    It had some interesting cinematography and visual forshadowing, but for a mystery, it is REALLY bad if you can figure out exactly what will happen 15 minutes into the movie. Avoid this one, it was predictable and boring.
  11. DeonT.
    Nov 29, 2003
    Pretty lame flick. At least Halle is still hot? Script and acting pretty bad.
    Nov 20, 2004
    Saer, what the hell are you talking about? there wasnt one scene in this horrible excuse for a horror film that scared me in the least. everything about it is detestable. its completely unbelievable, and it relies on gore and shocks instead of plot. why did they call it gothika anyway? there isnt one reference to that throughout the whole film. its sad to see that halle went from monsters Saer, what the hell are you talking about? there wasnt one scene in this horrible excuse for a horror film that scared me in the least. everything about it is detestable. its completely unbelievable, and it relies on gore and shocks instead of plot. why did they call it gothika anyway? there isnt one reference to that throughout the whole film. its sad to see that halle went from monsters ball to this. i guess people just cant make good horror movies anymore. Expand
  13. JamalJ.
    Jan 15, 2004
    Jamal digs Halle a lot. I gave her 1 point for the Hot Mama she is. But for the movie, bro, this really sucked. Hell, I could look at Halle all night.
  14. JonC.
    Apr 13, 2004
    I went into this movie expecting a suspensful, intruiging look at how someone can devolve into a psychotic state. What I saw was a highly implausible and uninteresting ghost story populated with characters who always take the dumbest course of action available to them.
  15. MarshaT.
    Dec 31, 2003
    Besides just plain having a plot with more holes than a watering can, this movie had its fair share of flaws. First of all, the lighting was ridiculous. I've heard of mood lighting before, but the nonstop flickering lights were just too much. Second, I don't know what Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz were thinking, but a cheesy thriller will always be a cheesy thriller, no mater Besides just plain having a plot with more holes than a watering can, this movie had its fair share of flaws. First of all, the lighting was ridiculous. I've heard of mood lighting before, but the nonstop flickering lights were just too much. Second, I don't know what Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz were thinking, but a cheesy thriller will always be a cheesy thriller, no mater what kind of star power you assign to it. Even a good actor can't make a terrible movie watchable. Collapse
  16. Dec 30, 2014
    This is a horrible horror film, as it is not scary, dull and boring. This is extremely bad, as it fails to deliver suspense and does not make you feel interested in this film. Overall, this is a bad movie.

1. Tolerable for undiscriminating horror fans but should be shunned by everybody else.
    The best they were able to manage, apparently, was a grabbag of spectral sights and spooky touches grabbed from better horror films and a final act that raises more questions than it answers.
  3. Reviewed by: Laine Ewen
    Gothika deserves credit for embracing the ghost story genre so whole-heartedly, but as any ten-year-old girl can tell you, there's nothing original here to see.