Magnet Releasing | Release Date: March 7, 2014
8.7
Universal acclaim based on 86 Ratings
WATCH NOW
suity_saharJun 29, 2014
Surprised at how good this movie is. No boring moments here. Nice blend of music sequences and suspense. The idea of a pianist trying to overcome his fears and at the same time thinking of ways to save his friends while playing ...with aSurprised at how good this movie is. No boring moments here. Nice blend of music sequences and suspense. The idea of a pianist trying to overcome his fears and at the same time thinking of ways to save his friends while playing ...with a sniper aimed at him is fresh and imaginative. Expand
cryhardhumorFeb 24, 2015
Music fans will be drooling over the beautiful music and setting, while those less interested in music will shrug it off as little more than a guilty pleasure. I however am a music fan, and enjoyed it from the first note to the pounding finale.
TylerDurden900Jul 16, 2014
Grand Piano is a refreshing thriller with taut thrills and smart acting. Grand Piano is the best thriller
I have seen in years, it is very tense and unpredictable, A+.
horcrux2007Sep 2, 2014
"Grand Piano" is slightly unbelievable, but it's an entertaining and suspenseful thriller. The acting and the cinematography are great, and the film keeps you on the edge of your seat. If you can get past some of the more unbelievable plot"Grand Piano" is slightly unbelievable, but it's an entertaining and suspenseful thriller. The acting and the cinematography are great, and the film keeps you on the edge of your seat. If you can get past some of the more unbelievable plot points, you will enjoy this little thriller. Expand
MovieReviewsMar 15, 2014
"Grand Piano" is an intense, edge of your seat film that will leave you nauseated and mind shuttered. Despite, the film falls short on story, you don't who's who and why, but it was up to the satisfactory level, it left it to the viewer so it"Grand Piano" is an intense, edge of your seat film that will leave you nauseated and mind shuttered. Despite, the film falls short on story, you don't who's who and why, but it was up to the satisfactory level, it left it to the viewer so it did not create any problems worth discussing. "Grand Piano" is one of the best films of 2014, it has great acting, great execution and plot. I highly recommend it. Expand
AllenReviewsMar 28, 2014
I was generally surprised from how good this film was, Its suspenseful, Well acted & very well directed, All though I did think the last quarter of the film was not as great as the rest of the movie, Overall grand piano is a very solidly good movie.
Patrick94Dec 28, 2014
Heart-pumping thriller throughout. I thought it was brilliant. Now I know some will probably **** about the ending, but I personally felt it was perfect. Sometimes it's what you don't know that makes the ending of a film great.
oDjentoDec 18, 2015
Grand Piano is a very well done thriller that keeps you watching closely for the hints at what is really going on, but doesn't even really fully hint at it until the last scene. It's still a good film with a good performance from Elijah WoodGrand Piano is a very well done thriller that keeps you watching closely for the hints at what is really going on, but doesn't even really fully hint at it until the last scene. It's still a good film with a good performance from Elijah Wood and bleak outcomes for most of his co stars, but I felt like John Cusack was the wrong pick for the intimidating sniper. Good thriller nevertheless. Expand
DCEdmondsNov 13, 2014
"Grand Piano" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

"Grand Piano" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

The Good: Elijah Wood and John Cusack (mostly in a voice only role) were outstanding and somehow made this work. Cusack was more than adequately menacing as a villainous voice over the phone. Wood was up to the task and did an amazing job making you care about his character and hope he and those he loves makes it through this. I was dubious going in, but I was pleasantly surprised. A very tense film that ends up being a pretty good thriller.

The Bad: The great performances and excellent tone can't completely overcome the premise. Despite making it work, it is still an absolutely absurd idea.