8.7

1. Jun 29, 2014
    Surprised at how good this movie is. No boring moments here. Nice blend of music sequences and suspense. The idea of a pianist trying to overcome his fears and at the same time thinking of ways to save his friends while playing ...with a sniper aimed at him is fresh and imaginative.
  2. Feb 24, 2015
    Music fans will be drooling over the beautiful music and setting, while those less interested in music will shrug it off as little more than a guilty pleasure. I however am a music fan, and enjoyed it from the first note to the pounding finale.
  3. Jul 16, 2014
    Grand Piano is a refreshing thriller with taut thrills and smart acting. Grand Piano is the best thriller
    I have seen in years, it is very tense and unpredictable, A+.
  4. Sep 2, 2014
    "Grand Piano" is slightly unbelievable, but it's an entertaining and suspenseful thriller. The acting and the cinematography are great, and the film keeps you on the edge of your seat. If you can get past some of the more unbelievable plot points, you will enjoy this little thriller.
  5. Mar 15, 2014
    "Grand Piano" is an intense, edge of your seat film that will leave you nauseated and mind shuttered. Despite, the film falls short on story, you don't who's who and why, but it was up to the satisfactory level, it left it to the viewer so it did not create any problems worth discussing. "Grand Piano" is one of the best films of 2014, it has great acting, great execution and plot. I highly"Grand Piano" is an intense, edge of your seat film that will leave you nauseated and mind shuttered. Despite, the film falls short on story, you don't who's who and why, but it was up to the satisfactory level, it left it to the viewer so it did not create any problems worth discussing. "Grand Piano" is one of the best films of 2014, it has great acting, great execution and plot. I highly recommend it. Expand
  6. Mar 28, 2014
    I was generally surprised from how good this film was, Its suspenseful, Well acted & very well directed, All though I did think the last quarter of the film was not as great as the rest of the movie, Overall grand piano is a very solidly good movie.
  7. Dec 28, 2014
    Heart-pumping thriller throughout. I thought it was brilliant. Now I know some will probably **** about the ending, but I personally felt it was perfect. Sometimes it's what you don't know that makes the ending of a film great.
  8. Nov 13, 2014
    "Grand Piano" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

"Grand Piano" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

The Good: Elijah Wood and John Cusack (mostly in a voice only role) were outstanding and somehow made this work. Cusack was more than adequately menacing as a villainous voice over the phone. Wood was up to the task and did an amazing job making you care about his character and hope he and those he loves makes it through this. I was dubious going in, but I was pleasantly surprised. A very tense film that ends up being a pretty good thriller.

The Bad: The great performances and excellent tone can't completely overcome the premise. Despite making it work, it is still an absolutely absurd idea.

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Sep 15, 2014
    Some inspired grace notes elevate a thriller that's more De Palma than Hitchcock.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Apr 18, 2014
    The sheer sly joy of the filmmaking that is on display here is one of the reasons I go to movies.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Keough
    Mar 20, 2014
    Though Mira shows skill at evoking mood and building tension despite the constrained circumstances of the premise, the narrative quickly and embarrassingly breaks down.