3.2

2. jacoba.
    Jan 12, 2006
    This movie rules.
  3. Apr 20, 2011
    This movie was bad. It wasn't even bad in a fun way either, it was just so bad that it was REALLY BAD. I gave it a chance one day during the Halloween season, and figured it would be at least moderately entertaining (the only one that wasn't at least semi-entertaining up until this point was Halloween: The Curse of.., that one was bad too). This movie was poorly directed (the hand-heldThis movie was bad. It wasn't even bad in a fun way either, it was just so bad that it was REALLY BAD. I gave it a chance one day during the Halloween season, and figured it would be at least moderately entertaining (the only one that wasn't at least semi-entertaining up until this point was Halloween: The Curse of.., that one was bad too). This movie was poorly directed (the hand-held camera angle did not work) and poorly acted (even for a horror movie). Please do not waste your time like I did. Expand
  4. Jan 7, 2011
    This movie is really good, but it has some problems: Why the hell do all the people make fun of Michael Myers in this movie. SCREW ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO SAID BAD THINGS ABOUT THIS MOVIE!!!!!!1
  5. Dec 8, 2012
    Michael Myers' mask looks as good as it has since the original. That's pretty much the only good thing I have to say about this movie. The plot screams teen marketing (an internet-based reality show, you say?) and the execution is uninspired at best since most teens in 2002 had no concept of Carpenter's work. The movie once again ups the body count at the expense of building tension, butMichael Myers' mask looks as good as it has since the original. That's pretty much the only good thing I have to say about this movie. The plot screams teen marketing (an internet-based reality show, you say?) and the execution is uninspired at best since most teens in 2002 had no concept of Carpenter's work. The movie once again ups the body count at the expense of building tension, but the death scenes do nothing whatsoever to set it apart. There's just not an original moment in this whole thing... even the opening explanation of how Michael survived H20 is laughable. But the greatest insult of all is the contrived, unceremonious way they kill off Laurie Strode within the first ten minutes, instantly turning what was billed as hers and Michael's final showdown into an undistinguished 90-minute kill-fest of disposable, undeveloped characters nobody cares about. Expand
  6. RichardG.
    Oct 6, 2002
    Micheal Myers once existed soley for the purpose of destroying his family. Now, he probably has a new misson. To wait in movie theaters and kill everybody who is able to sit through this. Curtis must have been on drugs to even appear in this movie, it spits on the surpisingly decent predessor. Micheal can't even muster up the old gusto to be scary, let alone competent in his murders. Micheal Myers once existed soley for the purpose of destroying his family. Now, he probably has a new misson. To wait in movie theaters and kill everybody who is able to sit through this. Curtis must have been on drugs to even appear in this movie, it spits on the surpisingly decent predessor. Micheal can't even muster up the old gusto to be scary, let alone competent in his murders. Jason is now officially better at being a stalker killer, and that's just sad. Expand
  7. Brandon
    Jul 6, 2009
    Good: This movie has a great mask and theme and shows the final fight between Michael and laurie bad: has nothing to do about Michael going after his family (whole reason for Michael to kill) after the first 10 minutes.
  8. Angel
    Oct 10, 2002
    If you like slasher horror then watch and either scream through it or laugh at it! Either way take it for what it was ment to be...ten million pounds of cheep horror. Don't expect it to compete with the original!
  9. ShawnS.
    Dec 6, 2002
    I 100% aggree with Lee J! he obviously knows good Films. Halloween Resurrection was in my opinion close to the best in the series, along with the 1st. and I am a die hard fan, and wow, i WASN'T peeved to whoever said that. I fell in love with it. learn how to rate people.
  10. MildonF.
    Jul 14, 2002
    I'm still trying to figure out why a big star like Jamie Lee Curtis would waste her time with this clunker. Don't waste 1 and 1/2 hours of your life on this. Please.
  11. KyleC.
    Oct 6, 2003
    Well it scared the crap out of me when I'm by myself. My opinion of Myers is that he is good. He has good sneak ups.
  12. SaerA.
    Mar 14, 2004
    What saves this movie is the beginning.The rest of the movie is nothing but a joke.It has some good scares and a little bit of good FAKE death scenes but Halloween:Resurrection is the worst in the series(not including Halloween 3)
  13. MitchM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    I was totally surprised that JLC decided to do this one! Her part wasn't bad, but come on! Busta Rhymes doing karate moves on Michael Myers?? What's up with that?? At least the lead actress is a hottie. Keep the Halloweens coming!!
  14. ScottN
    Jun 7, 2009
    I watched this movie knowing that Jamie Lee Curtis was in it, but as it turns out [***SPOILER***], she was only included in the movie so that she would be whacked by Michael Myers in the first five minutes in the movie. What a shameful way to dispose of (besides Michael) the core character of the entire franchise simply so the producers of this movie could put Jamie Lee's face on the I watched this movie knowing that Jamie Lee Curtis was in it, but as it turns out [***SPOILER***], she was only included in the movie so that she would be whacked by Michael Myers in the first five minutes in the movie. What a shameful way to dispose of (besides Michael) the core character of the entire franchise simply so the producers of this movie could put Jamie Lee's face on the movie poster in order to get a few extra people out to the theatres and spend their hard earned $$$.. Nevertheless, I still hated the concept of this movie. Going into the Myers house to do a live internet feed. I know it's the 21st century, but can we please dispense with horror movies being built around computer and cell phone themes? Blah. I also found the characters to be dumb and irritating. Oh yeah, you can't tell me that Michael managed to pull the switcharoo in H20 and it was some other poor sap who was decapitated. No way. He never got out of the cockadoodie car!!!! I can't stand this movie and I refuse to acknowledge it. It ended with H20 as far as I'm concerned. Expand
  15. DenisC.
    Oct 16, 2002
    Director Rick Rosenthal ("Halloween II") seems to have forgotten everything he ever knew about generating suspense, relying on cliched shadows and grainy, handheld images supposedly shot by the increasingly terrified students.
  16. Ecca2
    Jul 22, 2002
    Crap. This was 1 1/2 hours of my life that I'll never get back. The only redeeming point of the movie was Busta's constant cursing... and even that didn't help the movie much, if at all. Stay as far away from this movie as possible, I beg of you.
  17. ZackO.
    Oct 8, 2003
    Entertaining, but not scary at all.
  18. WaelK.
    Feb 21, 2003
    This is one of the scariest movies you'll ever see. It will keep you jumping from your seat every second.This movie will scare the hell out of you.The ways mike kills the teens are perfect and the ending is shockingly unexpectable perfect. This is a MUST-SEE movie.
  19. DanP.
    Mar 23, 2003
    This was not a good movie. The whole storyline gets way too far fetched. Halloween H20 was by far the best. I always like the halloween movies...but now they're just gonig to far. It's like those Jason Movies. Halloween is a classic and shouldn't be made sequels too....it just makes the original one look foolish too.
  20. TitoY.
    Jul 31, 2003
    I'm a great fan of Halloween but why Busta play the hero role?? That sucks!!. Since Halloween II appeared, they turned John Carpenter's masterpiece based on a mental disease child into a boring bloodshed based on the inmortal guy like in the never ending Friday the 13th. Thanks God, Mike finally killed Laurie, it seems to be the end of the story, but where's the baby I'm a great fan of Halloween but why Busta play the hero role?? That sucks!!. Since Halloween II appeared, they turned John Carpenter's masterpiece based on a mental disease child into a boring bloodshed based on the inmortal guy like in the never ending Friday the 13th. Thanks God, Mike finally killed Laurie, it seems to be the end of the story, but where's the baby rescued by Tommy Doyle in Halloween VI???. Expand
  21. KelvinM
    Oct 24, 2004
    The movie was made for pure entertainment which it did.
  22. eddie
    Dec 3, 2005
    Should've stopped at two , or at least take the time to write a good script, and some worth while actors, it couldve been good if done right,kung-fu what the hell, anyone who ''knows the history'' better be packin, the plot was as bad as all the other horror sequals,friday the 13, nightmare on elmstreet, should just call it sesame street , and childs play, ive Should've stopped at two , or at least take the time to write a good script, and some worth while actors, it couldve been good if done right,kung-fu what the hell, anyone who ''knows the history'' better be packin, the plot was as bad as all the other horror sequals,friday the 13, nightmare on elmstreet, should just call it sesame street , and childs play, ive seen more scarey crap on romper room,lets not even get into jaws,hellraiser and god forbid scream.ive written better on the toilet , and i still have a life..... anyway the beginning of the movie was really good, they shouldve ended it when he gave crazy boy the knife. Expand
  23. ben
    Oct 7, 2007
    Horrible. one of the worst movies i have ever seen. i am a huge Halloween fan and this is unacceptable.
  24. KM
    Mar 24, 2009
    The worst entry in the Halloween franchise by far. I agree with Lou Lumenick of the New York Post. This movie was hard for me to watch, and not because it was scary, but because it was god awful. DON'T WATCH.
  25. ChristianS.
    Aug 8, 2009
    This isn't the best nor the worst of the halloween films. I do agree with one of the reviewers they put jamie lee curtis in to get a couple extra people to go and waste their hard earned cash, yes the story could have been a lot better, but I actually enjoyed Halloween: Ressurection. It ended in a creepy way and I was entertained by it.
  26. ShannonJ.L.
    Nov 18, 2002
    I gave it a ten, but the funny thing is that i haven't yet seen the movie! I am so confident in the latest installment of the Halloween Series that I can give it that. I think Michael Myers has stayed frightening through every movie, even with the absence of sister laurie Strode through most of the movies. I think that the Halloween plots are original, most importantly, can any I gave it a ten, but the funny thing is that i haven't yet seen the movie! I am so confident in the latest installment of the Halloween Series that I can give it that. I think Michael Myers has stayed frightening through every movie, even with the absence of sister laurie Strode through most of the movies. I think that the Halloween plots are original, most importantly, can any critic say that this idea has been done before? I anticipate seeing Resurrection, as it opens next week in Australian Cinemas, and am very sure I will not be dissapointed. Also, I would like to add, are michael Myers and The Shape (Halloween 3 : Season of the Witch) ever going to meet? It would make for an interesting story line... Expand
  27. ZackM.
    Oct 22, 2002
    Now, i'm pushing it with a rate of 1 this movie sux so bad it made the Rocky Horror Picture Show look good. this movie could have been better. i think tho now its time to stop making these movies this should be it. if it isnt then the producers are stupid. but if your a die hard fan of micheal myers you will probobally like it. people dont waste your money trying to see this lame Now, i'm pushing it with a rate of 1 this movie sux so bad it made the Rocky Horror Picture Show look good. this movie could have been better. i think tho now its time to stop making these movies this should be it. if it isnt then the producers are stupid. but if your a die hard fan of micheal myers you will probobally like it. people dont waste your money trying to see this lame movie. PEACE. Expand
  28. MichaelMyers
    Dec 31, 2002
    Halloween Resurrection is the best Halloween movie and its really the 4th sequel in the series.
  29. LeeJ.
    Oct 28, 2002
    It's not crap u idiots it very good the film of 2002 u amercians can rate 2 save ya life this film RULES.
  30. Leanne
    Oct 28, 2002
    Its good for basic horror, but Bhusta rhymes incessant swearing and crude acting is 100% annoying and the Big brother style stuff is pointless. the killings are brutal, but theres too many of them. One is silly. If you are a die Hard fan of Halloween films then you will be slightly peeved with this film, but newbies might enjoy it.
  31. SteveK.
    Jul 14, 2002
    Utter crap. The last Halloween should win an Oscar compared to this. The only good thing about this movie was a VERY FUNNY scene with Busta Rhymes. Other than that....PURE GARBAGE.
  32. M.L.M.
    Jul 15, 2002
    Insulting to Halloween fans. Never should have been made. Rappers are the death of horror movies. Does it not bother any fans that Busta was kicking Michael's ass the whole movie and Michael never really tried to even kill him?
  33. MattM.
    Jul 20, 2002
    Nowhere near as good as "Halloween H20", nowhere near as bad as the fourth and fifth installments, "Halloween: Resurrection" is a stylish, suspenseful horror film that sees the return of masked murderer Michael Myers. Token "Scream Queen" Jamie Lee Curtis makes a brief appearance in the opening sequence, which is frightening, shocking, and effective. The rest of the film is standard Nowhere near as good as "Halloween H20", nowhere near as bad as the fourth and fifth installments, "Halloween: Resurrection" is a stylish, suspenseful horror film that sees the return of masked murderer Michael Myers. Token "Scream Queen" Jamie Lee Curtis makes a brief appearance in the opening sequence, which is frightening, shocking, and effective. The rest of the film is standard slice-and-dice fare, but it manages to keep up a certain amount of suspense. Director Rick Rosenthal of "Halloween II" knows his stuff and crafts a sleek, if not perfect, 85 minutes of thrills and chills. The seemingly obligatory and totally unnecessary nude scene is the only thing that is 100% out of place. The inevitable "surprise ending" is neither scary nor convincing, but "Halloween: Resurrection" could have been considerably worse. If for nothing else, see it for the first maddeningly terrifying 15 minutes with Jamie Lee and leave. But if you stay, you won't be disappointed either. Collapse
  34. TimA.
    Sep 21, 2002
    I have seen a lot of scary movies, but this one is a total trash!
  35. PituG.
    Oct 26, 2003
    I turned the dvd off. this is junk.
  36. TimothyD.
    Mar 16, 2003
    I'm a die hard fan of micheal myers i have all the movies on vhs and dvd.this was one of the best ones. halloween 3 waz the stupidest halloween ive ever seen why they didnt do anything with mike i dont now. i got halloween ressurection for christmas and i've watched it at least 12 times.
  37. FredT.
    Mar 29, 2003
    I give it a 3 only because it is a "Halloween" movie, otherwise it sucked! Everyone is bashing Jamie Lee Curtis for doing this film, but you notice that she only signed on for the first 10 minutes and she "OBVIOUSLY" will not be doing another. So she apperently sees that it has no future.
  38. Raym
    Apr 29, 2003
    i like how busta ryhmes kicks mikes ass and how he talks to him it makes me laugh but is also scary the only thing though laury died after being in most of them.
  39. GordoA.
    Jun 15, 2004
    Halloween Resurection is nothing but a stupid, vile joke. The movie made no sense at all and it turns out to be the worst movie in the series.
  40. ChristinaH.
    Dec 2, 2005
    This movie is in between. It is mor gruesome, but not as scary as the others. The suspence wasn't anywhere to be found and nothing seemed real. They should leave the same character for micheal myers in every movie. All in all it was pretty good. Hopefull the next one will be REALLY scary and full of suspence and just being the movie and fulfilling the plot.
  41. Kate
    Oct 29, 2005
    This was the first time I've seen any of the halloween movies (and my first MA) so GOD was I scared! It didn't really have a plot though... The end was definitely the scariest!!! I get shivers just thinkin of it.
  42. Joseph
    Apr 20, 2006
    this is probably one of the more creative ones and the internet cameras give a good, scary effect. Busta Ryhmes also brought some humor to it.
  43. AshleyC.
    Oct 23, 2002
    How dare they make this crap. It's an insult to all Haloween fans.
  44. CraigSnowman
    Dec 31, 2002
    The next one should be called halloween:jason coz thats wat its getting like.
  45. LisaG.
    Jul 17, 2002
    This movie is good. I saw it in the theater. Run, spot, run. I have A.D.D. The end. Wait. I'm not done yet. Actually, this movie made me grab on to the edge of my seat. Go see it. You won't be disappointed.
  46. TheBattleOfGilbertMulroneycakes
    Nov 1, 2003
    Oh, for heaven's sake, give it a rest. I thought the last one (20 Years Later) would be, you know, the LAST one, what with having JLC and Carpenter and that, and being the anniversary faintly-post-modern instalment and all the other stuff that usually represents closure in this sort of thing. But no, you had to go and make ANOTHER bloody sequel. That's seven now. Seven. At least Oh, for heaven's sake, give it a rest. I thought the last one (20 Years Later) would be, you know, the LAST one, what with having JLC and Carpenter and that, and being the anniversary faintly-post-modern instalment and all the other stuff that usually represents closure in this sort of thing. But no, you had to go and make ANOTHER bloody sequel. That's seven now. Seven. At least JLC gets out while she can. And you don't even have the great Donald Pleasance anymore, and without him you have less than nothing. Feeble. Really, really feeble. Expand
  47. Joe
    Nov 1, 2003
    I can't believe u people ur talking about jason not mike the whole jason story got started from mike. Anyway i didnt think it was their best 1 but i still liked it
  48. MatthewD.
    Mar 17, 2003
    I love this movie. of course i have watched it a million times because my brother is always watchiong it. he is a die hard fan of mike. my favorite one was Halloween 5 because Jamie is hot.....man you should see her now, she is like 35 but she looks 20. Dang she is major i mean major hot!!!
  49. Justin
    Jul 16, 2003
    I give it a zero because the whole basis of the halloween movies was to kill his family. By killing laurie it makes the film sink about as low as halloween III and that's only because H3 has nothing to do with the series.
  50. Bumis
    Jul 31, 2003
    This movie was a complete sham. Michael Myer's is not suppose to be invincible! He's a fucking human! This is not a god damn Jason movie! They send in that "Busta Rhymes" who pretends he can act... Michael Myers was decapitated in H20... Unless someone else fell down the hill, got hit with the fan and was stuck agenst the tree, just as Michael's mask landed on his face, This movie was a complete sham. Michael Myer's is not suppose to be invincible! He's a fucking human! This is not a god damn Jason movie! They send in that "Busta Rhymes" who pretends he can act... Michael Myers was decapitated in H20... Unless someone else fell down the hill, got hit with the fan and was stuck agenst the tree, just as Michael's mask landed on his face, Michael should not be here! Michael's objective in life is to kill his family, now what? He's going to go molest a bunch of teens in a house full of cameras. If you think, this movie is garbage and anyone who thinks this movie was scary, should get there balls checked, and probably reattached. Expand
  51. NickV.
    Sep 25, 2003
    This was a refreshing attempt to captalize on something before everyone else does. And besides, wouldn't you rather watch people die on these "reality shows" anyway?
  52. BradD.
    Sep 28, 2004
    Oh My God! a horror film i actually HATE! and from me.. the BIGGEST halloween fan ever. i honestly thought it'd be impossible for me to dislike a halloween movie until i saw this piece of trash! it's just HORRIBLE. it doesn't even fall into the "so bad it's good" catagory. it's just total and utter crap! AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!
  53. stanleyh.
    Oct 27, 2005
    Michael meyers could of done a better job.i have seen all of them and all of the friday the 13th movies and other horror movies and i have to say that this is not the worst one of the series ,thought h2o was the worst total crap.but this one could of been better, about as suspensefull as wes cravens shocker not much at all.Plot could of been alot better and the cast much better.nothing i Michael meyers could of done a better job.i have seen all of them and all of the friday the 13th movies and other horror movies and i have to say that this is not the worst one of the series ,thought h2o was the worst total crap.but this one could of been better, about as suspensefull as wes cravens shocker not much at all.Plot could of been alot better and the cast much better.nothing i think jamie lee curtis did or guy playing michael meyers,but rest of cast truely sucked,i think they should of been in tv show instead not horror movie. Expand
  54. Sam
    Aug 24, 2005
    If you don't know that bestest isn't a word, stick to the baby einstein flicks or rugrats, which is probably where you learned that from. Ok, if Bestest is a damn word, then i suppose worstest is, which is what this movie is. It sucks, sucks, and it SUCKS!
  55. Kevin
    Oct 25, 2006
    Just like the lame as Jason x movie. They have to make a lame ass situation. Also I hate when they put fucking stupid B even low as a C celebrities into any films. Busta Ryhmes was lame and I
  56. AlexA.
    Nov 19, 2005
    Okay.... what to say??? as much of a halloween fan as i am, i seriously think this movie is insulting. if there are any halloween fans out there that are following the whole storyline of this series then don't bother seeing this movie because all that happens that's even SIGNIFICANT to the series is the part when michael kills laurie. (or wounds her. you never know if she comes Okay.... what to say??? as much of a halloween fan as i am, i seriously think this movie is insulting. if there are any halloween fans out there that are following the whole storyline of this series then don't bother seeing this movie because all that happens that's even SIGNIFICANT to the series is the part when michael kills laurie. (or wounds her. you never know if she comes back for Halloween 9) bringing in Busta Rhymes they destroyed the rest of the movie. but for those guys who are complaining that laurie is dead.. don't be so sure yet. halloween 9 is coming out later... you never know if she comes back... and plus you have to put in perspective that Laurie's son John is alive and Jamie's baby is also out there too. so have some faith and pray that halloween puts everything together. Expand
  57. Dec 22, 2011
    I wouldnt say it's the worst entry in the series. It had good kills and it got back to it's roots (of suspensful stalking then killing) and that sort of saved it from being another terrible addition. The acting was terrible (Busta Rhymes...really?) but everything else was solid. The story was some what interesting as well but it was executed poorly.
  58. Mar 11, 2012
    So disappointing in this movie. It came out and I expected an amazing slasher flick, but the first thing that is wrong with it is that they killed Jamie Lee Curtis's character Laurie Strode. I just pretend that this movie was never maid and pretend that it stopped at Halloween H20. The only good thing about this movie is the mask..
  59. Feb 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What an awful addition to the Halloween series. This movie the bed more than Curse of Michael Myers did. Busta Rhymes doing Kung-Fu on a less-than-mediocre Michael Myers is just the diarrhea on the cake. At least the Rob Zombie Halloween movies weren't half bad as this. Expand
  60. Aug 30, 2013
    If Halloween II, IV, V, VI, and VII did not already destroy any amount of quality the original possessed in creating an unforgettable fear for The Shape, as the master of Horror film villainy, I can assure you that Halloween VIII takes the largest bowel movement, and proceeds to complete with a 80 minute urination sequence. Of course that aforementioned bowel takes place in the literalIf Halloween II, IV, V, VI, and VII did not already destroy any amount of quality the original possessed in creating an unforgettable fear for The Shape, as the master of Horror film villainy, I can assure you that Halloween VIII takes the largest bowel movement, and proceeds to complete with a 80 minute urination sequence. Of course that aforementioned bowel takes place in the literal lunacy of Curtis' Laurie Strode playing throughout the first ten minutes. Following the happy ending you've waited nearly 25 years for, you're given another eighty minutes to question your life, existence, and being in wasting time on such insignificant Horror filming since Friday the 13th mothered a plethora of sequels. Not even possessing the comical and unforgettable camp of Halloween V, or the hamstrung, jarring, and butchered plot of Halloween VI, Halloween VIII ends the series with a death you've waited decades to not see. Expand
  61. Jan 11, 2014
    Strangely it was decided to use techniques used in 'The Blair Witch Project' in an attempt to make this film scarier. We have a bunch of kid using hand-held cameras videotaping their experiences in Michael Myers house for a reality show. Is it surprising that he comes back to kill them all?
  62. Mar 2, 2014
    Did not appeal to me was quite stupid really and one of the worst remakes or sequels that were ever made. This is an embarrassment to the Halloween franchise.
  63. Nov 4, 2014
    I like the reality horror thing, but this is not a good way to end the series. I like that busta rhymes actually tries to fight Michael, but it is not done very well.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 17 Critics

Like its parade of predecessors, this Halloween is a gory slash-fest. It can't escape its past, and it doesn't want to.
    It's so devoid of joy and energy it makes even "Jason X" - a recent attempt to prolong the rival "Friday the 13th" slasher franchise - look positively Shakesperean by comparison.
    Spectators will indeed sit open-mouthed before the screen, not screaming but yawning.